Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

For information, this AAVP is based on the unfinished AAVP beta model from the OPGWC mod

The difference with the original model is that the WW4 version have every resolution lods totally done, every cargo done, has fully working geometry and fire geometry, has the "pointy armor thingies" added on the side, smoothing and lighting done, has merged textures for performance increase, and of course an added woodland version instead of only a desert one.

Basically it is a fully finished, performance optimised and configured according to the WW4 standard.

In the future it is very likely that more of the unfinished beta models from the OPGWC may be totally finished and optimised in the same way the AAVP has been, as long as they fit my vehicle vision for the WW4 project.

The Everon ACV-S-like from previous page is done totally from scratch, but will be on the same standard of finition and performance optimisation as everything included in the WW4 mod.

My goal with WW4 is always to have the content always highly optimised toward performance, fully finished and fitting entirely with the WW4 balance regarding armor/damage etc...

So understand that achieving this goal is taking lot of time, and so the upgrade release is delayed (as there are several surprise coming with it on top of that) but in the end i believe the mod will gain a lot from that extra-time spent.

Fantastic work Sanctuary, they look geat! The update looks like it's going to be a work of art.

In the future it is very likely that more of the unfinished beta models from the OPGWC may be totally finished and optimised in the same way the AAVP has been, as long as they fit my vehicle vision for the WW4 project.

I can't wait. I liked the OPGWC stuff except that it was all unfinished. That AAVP looks great. Since Fischkop's USMC AAVP never got released we'll take this one!

Would I be able to use your vehicles without the WW4 mod?

Without the WW4 mod yes, but not without the WW4 troops (and so the WW4 weapons and sounds) as the drivers will be WW4 troopers.

sanctuary i finished the sound alternate we've been talking about. Link. Its an alternate sounds file that replaces some of the sounds of the original ww4_sounds file. just a few weapons here and there, but its important to note the sounds came off of news footage. Overall i replaced the ak74 sounds, mp5 sounds, m16 and m4 sounds, m249 sounds and m60 sounds, m240 sounds and rpk74 sounds. This addon is multiplayer compatible and doesn't require everyone else to have it in multiplayer since its a replacement the file paths stay the same.

Edited by BronzeEagle

I wish it was true, i would already have completed each of my goals :D

I re-organised the groups (F2 in editor), so there will be WW4 West , WW4 East and WW4 Independent listed as main category, instead of all the corps all in the same place cluttering the thing too much.

Those menu re-organisation do not alter any existing class names, so don't worry if you are preparing missions, classes names will not change with the upgrade.

Additionally, as it is then now easier to navigate the group menu, Militia, Guerilla, Mercs, Insurgency will be available to the 3 sides (West, East, Resistance) instead of only the Resistance/Everon side.

This will be better for missions to make such groups pro-side X than having to edit either the mission.sqm and change the sides there or link to an officer of side X and delete it.

sounds like a good update :)

have you ever considered working for BIS? Or making animations for ArmedA? :D

this sounds great! keep up the awesome work!

I've play ARMA first time few days ago and I don't like it... Even with mods animations looks terible in ARMA. Sanctuary animations from WW4 Mod are much better and more realistic.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

@Sanctuary:

I'm still making changes in my own OFP and I have a question.

Could You tell me which dexterity values are You using in Your mod for HMG's and LMG's (assault rifles and sniper rifles too if it's not a problem)?

For LMG

dexterity=0.75

For HMG (and the M82/V94 heavy sniper rifles too)

dexterity=0.3;

Those values can be found in the config.cpp of the WW4_Magazines.pbo

For LMG

dexterity=0.75

For HMG (and the M82/V94 heavy sniper rifles too)

dexterity=0.3;

Those values can be found in the config.cpp of the WW4_Magazines.pbo

What do those values do ?

It gives some momentum to the weapons affected by this value, it is a workaround to simulate that they are less easy to move around that normal rifles and handguns.

Ingame get a heavy machinegunner and move your weapon, you'll see the difference with a rifleman weapon.

@Sanctuary

Thank You for the values:)

So dexterity in assault rifles still have standard BIS values?

Yes regular rifles have standard dexterity value.

edit : in the upgrade, mp5/groza/aksu will have a

dexterity=2;

to get them more quick to move than the regular rifles that are using the BIS standard dexterity.

Edited by Sanctuary

Useful information!:bounce3:

I'm already inserting Your values to my OFP!:)

question...How do i enable radio voices in ww4 mod?

i know AI respond quicker this way but voices give a great ambient to the battlefield...

In the @ww4mod1 mod folder you can see a "bin" subfolder that contain a config.cpp file.

Inside of that "bin" folder, there is a sub folder named "radio" that contains another config.cpp file.

Just replace the original config.cpp from the WW4 "bin" folder by the one from the "radio" folder, and you will have the radio voices back.

@Sanctuary : thanks a lot, i didn't know this, and i can't find those datas in the regular OFP config.bin. Where can i find them ?

I think the only location in the BIS configs i found the dexterity value was in the O.pbo own config (and it was used only for the handguns).

Probably something BIS implemented but didn't experimented for OFP enough to put it for each weapons in their own configs.

thanks...Love the mod and animations, and i'm happy that somebody finally made a mod that is optimized for better performance and also look awesome.

I see that you started making some islands...

people on ofp make these islands and ive been saying this for a long time, "we need a fictional generic army for these islands to battle each other", and i think with the ww4 mod thats exactly what we get, which is good. Hopefully sanctuary can pull that off.