Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

i was thinking u should but thees kind of uniforms in the game that i made with my uniforms http://community.webshots.com/album/573625345MWIekz since the mod is fictional.

In my opinion this is at least irrational! Why mix BDU with ACU, desert camo with woodland schemes etc.?

It reminds me something for "airsoft gun" fans...

These are Hyakushiki US soldiers, they are integrated in the GRAA modpack.

ah! ok, but not in the ww4 mod! :)

thats not to be fun thats when you have low supplies you simply put on what you got.

I just had a thought - Is there a way to make use of the real crouching and lying keys to go crouch or prone with a missile launcher, instead of the current weird mix of different keys? Would make things a lot of more comfortable.

I just had a thought - Is there a way to make use of the real crouching and lying keys to go crouch or prone with a missile launcher, instead of the current weird mix of different keys? Would make things a lot of more comfortable.

I tried to rewrite the whole AT section to allow the player to kneel when you press the crouch key (like if it was a primary rifle) and go prone when you press the lying key.

But as as soon as i pressed the crouch/lying key the soldier go to the stance i want, but instead of staying like this, he then put his AT on back and take his rifle, despite i could see nothing telling him to do that in the AT section i tried to rewrite.

I tried so much things to try to stop that to happen, but always failed. So i wonder if there is not something not in config but hardcoded coming in play at this point.

But if someone is able to modify the weaponactions classes to have this working without bugs or annoyance, and without scripts built in the class man, feel free to share your work.

Ok guys, i need some people to test some of the config modifications to help find if there is any bugs left that could have escaped my watch.

To help, do the following (you must have already the WW4 mod):

First download this WW4TEST2.rar from one of those mirror :

http://sharebee.com/3600f0aa

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9AK37EO5

http://www.zshare.net/download/632323969e48bcc6/

http://rapidshare.com/files/260624163/WW4TEST2.rar.html

http://www.badongo.com/file/16217186

http://depositfiles.com/files/266t9trq5

Inside this WW4TEST2.rar archive you will find a folder named @WW4TEST2 that contains a "bin", a "Dta" and an "Addons" folders.

Put the @WW4TEST2 mod folder in your OFP directory, like you do for any kind of mod anyways.

Now take the following files from your @ww4mod1\Addons folder and copy them to the @WW4TEST2\Addons folder.

WW4_Magazines.pbo
WW4_Sounds.pbo
ww4_wpn.pbo
ww4_trp.pbo
ww4_rpl.pbo

do not forget any of those 5 files.

Launch OFP with -mod=@WW4TEST2 (do not mix it with other mods, error can be created with mods incompatibilities that are not a WW4 problem)

What i need is :

-experiment with the animations and report bugs/feedbacks.

-experiment about new pistol animations and report bugs/feedbacks.

-some WW4 troops (officer and squad leaders) have been given pistols, see if there is no error when you use one.

-insurgency/militia/mercenaries/guerilla are available for the 3 sides in both woodland and desert camo, see if you notice a bug or a error message.

note for the pistol anims.

In opposite to rifle anims, the aiming stance when jogging (both stand/crouch jogging) is default, you can lower your pistol during jog by pressing the turbo key once, and you can bring back the pistol in aiming position during jog by pressing fire once.

I have not implemented rolling in the pistol prone position, but leaning from prone position due to a problem i have not yet managed to fix for the pistol rolling, but should be able to do for the release.

So if you prefer the current prone leaning, better tell it now before i manage to fix the rolling problems and remove the pistol prone leaning.

Don't have time to test it much right now but made a quick play through and found no bugs. The fatigue settings seem better. I would rather have roll than this comic leaning when prone would be cool though if you could roll half(not slide like on ice) out around a corner and shoot with rifle and pistol I think I would prefere that to rolling around. I think there is missing a run and throw grenade with pistol in hand also quit funny that its the left hand all of a sudden that is used for throwing. Have you reintroduce climbing if so I can't remember the key combination?

STGN

i tested out the marine desert officer on the west side and when going from pistol to rifle the animation is super quick like unreal. also, sadly i didn't notice any touchup on the insurgents. they look lazy kinda just pouches on a shirt, no tac vest for the pouches to connect to. one example of good insurgents is this pack

I think there is missing a run and throw grenade with pistol in hand also quit funny that its the left hand all of a sudden that is used for throwing.

I didn't touched the grenade launching with pistol in hand, it's always BIS anim, will see what i can do there.

Have you reintroduce climbing if so I can't remember the key combination?

For the pistol it is not yet available

For the primary rifle, to move over an obstacle, just press the MOVE BACKWARD key and the TURBO key in the same time when standing.

To climb do the same, but you must be in "RIFLE ON BACK" stance (patrol stance with those anims) before pressing MOVE BACKWARD and the TURBO key in the same time.

going from pistol to rifle the animation is super quick like unreal.

Should be easy to fix hopefully.

sadly i didn't notice any touchup on the insurgents. they look lazy kinda just pouches on a shirt, no tac vest for the pouches to connect to.

models and textures have nothing to do with this test, and of course you don't notice any improvements on the models, the models and textures you use in this test are always the same as the current release (ww4_trp.pbo)

The official upgrade release will contain better textures for the insurgent, masterfully remade by Rellikki

Edited by Sanctuary

What I meant was that it would be cool if you could throw a grenade running with a pistol. As pistols are prity worth less handgreandes becom very valuable.

STGN

Pistols are not worthless anymore.

With the new pistol move system that comes with WW4, you are as mobile as when you have a primary rifle and are not stuck in walking-only like with the default pistol system, and you can move the pistol quicker without as much momentum as with a rifle (higher dexterity value than a rifle).

But it is true that you should be able to launch grenade when running instead of the animation stopping you first.

sanctuary will it be possible to run or walk while reloading in near future.

I didn´t find any bug using officers/squad leaders of west insurgents and west guerrilla.

Only two things:

If the unit have only a pistol and a binocular performs a movement like he´s putting the rifle on back when u use a animation in order to switch between pistol and binocular (sorry for my english).

When the unit run with the pistol you can shoot but looks weird.

Nothing more to report until now.

When you say "run" you mean jogging (normal run) or sprinting (run with the turbo key pressed) ?

Because being able to fire when jogging is normal, but shooting when sprinting is not as i forgot to disable weapons during the sprinting and so you can shoot yourself in the feet if unlucky.

f the unit have only a pistol and a binocular performs a movement like he´s putting the rifle on back when u use a animation in order to switch between pistol and binocular (sorry for my english).

I tried to reproduce what you report, removing all weapons to a soldier and giving him only binocular and pistol, and i don't see the animation problem you report, the soldier use the binocular and switch to pistol (and vice versa) without a "put rifle on back" animation appearing wrongly in the middle.

The same i don't observe this problem if i use a soldier that has already binocs and pistol and have him drop his rifle.

Can you provide screenshots of this problem ?

sanctuary will it be possible to run or walk while reloading in near future.

No sorry, no idea on how to config that correctly or without scripting.

Edited by Sanctuary

Would it be posible to not be fixed when reloading, so that you could stop reloading move and start over the sound would problery be off but it would be a very nice feature. Wondering if AI would be able to handle that?

STGN

The main problem i see with a reloading while moving is that you would not be able to stop the walking animation as long as you are reloading, making you moving in direction you would not really want to walk that much.

If upper and lower bodies were separated anim-wise (so the torso would have its own animations, while the legs would have other ones), it would be possible, but with only one anim for the whole body, i don't think so.

I just had a go with the new update.

I noticed that the character's right arm looks very thin from the right angle on the pistol prone animation. No other issues spotted, apart from the already-reported unnatural switching from pistol to rifle. Good job.

I also would prefer to have rolling sideways instead of the leaning, when proned with pistol.

The following isn't really related to the update, but when moving sideways (jogging, crouched, proned) and moving the mouse cursor at the same time, the mouse cursor seems really slippery and moves faster than normally. This seems to happen in vanilla OFP too... It doesn't happen when unarmed, so I was wondering if there's a way to fix that? Maybe give those animations the same speed value as when unarmed?

Edited by Rellikki

This thread needs more pics:

advance.jpg

WIP camo and guns, only the anims are ww4 standard*.

STGN

*ETA and the models

Edited by STGN

I noticed that the character's right arm looks very thin from the right angle on the pistol prone animation

The pistol prone stance is the BIS pistol prone stance in which i just adjusted the hands, so blame them ;)

The problem comes from the fact the units are "low poly" and with their arms being attached to the upper body, with such high angle between the upper body and the arm, polygons distorsion are unfortunately going to happen.

I will try a trick or two to lower the distorsion problem there before the official release.

The following isn't really related to the update, but when moving sideways (jogging, crouched, proned) and moving the mouse cursor at the same time, the mouse cursor seems really slippery and moves faster than normally. This seems to happen in vanilla OFP too... It doesn't happen when unarmed, so I was wondering if there's a way to fix that? Maybe give those animations the same speed value as when unarmed?

After reading your report, i have tried to jog or walk forward, diagonal sideway when moving the cursor and did not noticed this cursor speed increase .

Can you make a video of this problem, in case i understood your description wrongly ?

After reading your report, i have tried to jog or walk forward, diagonal sideway when moving the cursor and did not noticed this cursor speed increase .

Can you make a video of this problem, in case i understood your description wrongly ?

The issue is really weird actually. It seems to be related to the FPS. I tried to make a video - Before I recorded, I had a FPS of about 500. You can get a high FPS like that by disabling VSync from the graphics card's settings + if you have a good computer, of course. That's when the issue I descriped occured. When I started recording, the FPS dropped below 50, and when I tried to perform the issue, it didn't seem to happen anymore.

It must be some weird engine bug related to the high FPS, because I only recently started to notice it, when I upgraded my computer and my friend told me about the trick to disable VSync to get a really high FPS. I tried to play around with the speed values in CfgMoves myself with no luck.

Anyway, I guess I can live with it. The only time when the FPS can be that high, as I told, is on very empty islands with not much life going on around.

Ah i understand better why i don't notice this problem, while my older card could do it, my most recent card does not enable the possibility to touch the Vsync at a driver level at all (yay for Intel cards, run everything i have very well, but does not allow to tweak anything that is direct3D).

Seems like an engine problem, i noticed a lot of mouse lag report in ArmA2 threads, possible that the source of such problem is related to what you notice at high fps.