Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

I´m finishing my first mission with WW4, It´s pretty basic, but the AI reacts well and it´s very difficultt to beat.

About AI behavior and thinking in my next missions,I´m learning how to use Group Link II.

Is WW4 compatible with GL II?

The only script used by WW4 is the explosion+burning effect occuring on vehicles that are destroyed, as a simple cloudlet modification can't do the trick there and it is launched by a eventhandler "killed" (at least for the SP version of the config, for the upcoming MP version it will be an "init" eventhandler but the delay to check the aliveness of a vehicle is very high enough to not conflict with other mission scripts).

So GL II should then be totally compatible with WW4 as it does not use either init or killed eventhandlers (it uses only a few "fired" eventhandlers on one of the ai scripts)

Is that a real vehicle or a figure of imagination?

Fictionnal Everon amphibious APC inspired by this vehicle from Turkey :

acvsfnss.jpg

very nice, im going to have to get Nogova's Army Up-to-date.

What type of battle tank will you be including?

I am not up to tanks yet, as building an APC from scratch takes time.

I prefer to build every vehicles of a category, and now i am on the amphibious APC category.

The West and East equivalent are done already, i am finalizing the Everon one currently, tanks will be for ... later.

For the exact Everon tank i have some idea, but Everon Alliance does not want me to reveal anything yet, as there are words that a spy from the Nogova Army may be reading this board.

You would not want me to reveal anything so the Nogova Army can prepare a defense to what is coming for them ?

Sounds good as an idea for your APC category you could easily change the turret and add the Vulcan turret to make an Anti Air APC.

While fictional, this vehicle looks completely plausible. Nice work!

Nice work but, sorry, why a ACV-S (an old M113 Type) ?

OFP has enough M113.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/turkish_army_light_armoured_vehicle/acv-s_fnss_description_identification_pictures_gallery_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle.html

Why not a modern MRAP (like RG-31) or a non-US APC like english Warrior or EE-11 URUTU ?

English light armored vehicle : http://www.armyrecognition.com/british_army_wheeled_and_armoured_vehicle_fr/index.php

French light armored vehicle : http://www.armyrecognition.com/v_hicules_et_blind_s_roues_france_arm_e_army/index.php

Why ?

The answer is simple : because i want it to be done like this, and so it will be. My work, my free time, my choice.

If you want something done, the only way you will see your idea implemented is to not just sit and ask, ask and ask again, but not just be lazy and build it yourself.

Link to Brsseb tutorials that started most addon makers like myself with O2, and if a guy like me that has no 3D work background and is way past his prime could do it, there is no reason you can't.

I think the APC you have made look fine as it is, it could lead to a whole set of variations such as logistical versions, anti air, you could even add a proper turret with a main cannon to add some more fire-power. Or add slat armour to upgrade the armour the possibilities are endless.

Keep up the good work :)

Also its worth checking out the 02 guide for newbies at http://www.armamod.org/mod/o2/

Edited by R0adki11

Sanc, I have a bug here, see if you can reproduce:

Go to options and watch the credits. I get 'Cannot find music matremelee' and don't get music.

However I have another videoclip mission that uses the same music (lifeless) and it works.

This mod is incredible:

Battlefieds FPS, vanilla OFP: 20-30

Battlefields FPS WW4: 20-30 for *much* better looks. Awesome! :eek: :yay:

However, the ruskies are massacring my troops. They come out of defense much sooner and in greater numbers and kill the amis.

Yes i noticed about the error message, it has been fixed for the incoming upgrade, it was a remnant of a beta funny song in some of the cutscenes.

Good to hear about the very good performance, that was my primary goal to allow larger scale of missions than usual.

However, the ruskies are massacring my troops. They come out of defense much sooner and in greater numbers and kill the amis.

He he, the AI are not anymore push-overs.

I never liked missions that basically was made with you and a few AI going to kill dozen of enemy AI squads easily because the vanilla AI was unable to return fire at long range or was blind enough so they could not even see you at a normal range.

Now being able to single handedly kill dozen and dozen of AI in a mission like in vanilla OFP will be a lot lower, you will have to be really lucky to come alive from a battle with only you and few guys against a whole enemy army.

Missions with WW4 will now force a more realistic kind of assault with not only you and 4/5 AI, but with now allied troops and support to be able to face the dozen of enemy AI squads in defensive position.

Hehe, my favorite campaign is ULOTC. I've noticed it's popular with mods as well (WGL) and has been ported to Arma.

The guy who did it managed some missions with maybe twice more units than Battlefields and no lag. Perfect 'you're a cog in the wheel' missions.

nice APC you have there sanctuary, this mod just keeps getting better and better!

I have a suggestion for the mod though.

Is it possible to make separate sprinting animations to the soldiers?

I think this would add a good sort of life to the game, making everything seem less robotic.

I know it can be done because there was a WW2 mod that I had where the soldiers had random running animations, one was lower, one was like in ArmA, one was like Red Orchestra, one was like yours, one was the basic running with the gun at his side.

keep the mod going, it's great fun. :)

Yes it is possible, there are already 3 different running animations in WW4, 2 that can be used by the player, while the AI can use the 3.

But i will not do different sprinting animations, at least not before a long time, there are way more important things to do for WW4 before that.

i like this mod better than most because of the animations and the effects, is there any chance we can get dynamic speaking on the soldiers like them yelling stuff during the mission? if so then i wouldn't need ecp or even ufm. just wondering if you're doing that.

There will be an ECP version of the config with the upgrade.

This way you will be able to use the troops and the animations with ECP.

Unfortunately the WW4 effects will not be in ECP, as ECP has its own effects that would not be compatible with mines.

sanctuary on a side note do you have an ecp config with all effects enabled? id like to have it if you do.

You mean an original ECP config with all the ECP effect on ?

I don't think i really understand that.

To enable all the ECP effects, when you are ingame, press ESCAPE and you will see in the bottom an "ECP Settings" , click on it and it will lead you to the ECP configuration panel.

In the bottom click on Disable All one or two time until every settings are set to ENABLED.

Additionally, give a look to

ECP_Blood_Settings.sqf

ECP_Settings.sqf

that are inside your ECP mod folder

You can open them with any text editor, you will see lot of setting you can customise, fortunately everything is carefully explained so it is easy even if you are not used to OFP scripting and modding.

By example if you want the chopper dust effect to always use the Vektorboson method instead of the BAS one, look for

// ECP_h_dust_type:
  // specifies dust simulation to use
  // 1 - Vektorboson's dust
  // 2 - BAS dust
  // default is BAS dust
//ECP_local set [37, 2 ];

As you see by default it is BAS dust, to change it into Vektorboson's one, first you must remove the // that are just before

ECP_local set [37, 2 ]

Then change the 2 into a 1

So it will look in the end :

// ECP_h_dust_type:
  // specifies dust simulation to use
  // 1 - Vektorboson's dust
  // 2 - BAS dust
  // default is BAS dust
ECP_local set [37, 1 ];

If you forget to remove a // before a setting you want to change, OFP will not read that setting.

i don't know why, but i don't get the ecp options when i hit escape with ecp mod on anymore. so i was wondering if you could send me your ecp config. even when i reinstall it, the thing doesn't work.