Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 1

Thanks to Rellikki help on this, here is a MP version of the WW4 config and of the ww4_fx.pbo

You can download it there :

http://files.filefront.com/WW4+MPversionrar/;13800303;/fileinfo.html

or there

http://sharebee.com/50e6f2c4

In Multiplayer unfortunately BIS has made the eventhandler "killed" being local only, which meant it was impossible in every situation for the client to see the explosions and burning smoke from every vehicles destroyed generated by this eventhandler.

The MP version of the config feature instead an init eventhandler with a looped check to see if the vehicles are alive before applying the explosion and burning smoke effect.

For performance reason the check has a 10 second delay between each checks.

That means that the explosion effect may not be always immediate (like with the SP config) and could sometime occur up to 10 seconds after the original destruction of the vehicle.

But at least this way the effect can be seen by both the server and the clients.

Download this only if you play in MP, in the official patch both SP and MP version of the config will be provided anyways.

The new Desert Malden is really good. Leafy vegetation, desert climate - not really :)

Are planning to update Desert Everon as well ?

That's in the plan.

For later plan, the same for kolgujev and nogova.

On animation note, i have removed the "look quick behind" and replaced it by an anim in which the soldier scratch a bit one of his shoulders.

I implemented the possibility to bring up the rifle during the "crouch run" too, like it is currently for the regular standing run (jogging i mean), you will just have to press fire once to bring the rifle in possition of firing, then fire all the way, and just tap the "turbo" key to pull the rifle back in down position.

Great.

Regarding vehicle crews and pilots. In WW4 there is only one replacement for both, armed in BIS AKSU. Having all units armed with WW4 weapons would be really cool. Now I have to arm them manually which is a little time consuming. Things should be easy and convenient. Desert unifroms for crews and pilots would be very appreciated too.

Whats your view on bringing winter theme to WW4 like uniforms, camos ?

Edited by Sudayev

Whats your view on bringing winter theme to WW4 like uniforms, camos ?

I would really like to bring winter WW4 troops and winterised variant of the island.

But such huge very long work may occur around 2013 or 2014 ;), meanwhile my focus is only on the WW4 first expansion that will not feature winter troops or islands.

Regarding vehicle crews and pilots. In WW4 there is only one replacement for both, armed in BIS AKSU. Having all units armed with WW4 weapons would be really cool. Now I have to arm them manually which is a little time consuming. Things should be easy and convenient. Desert unifroms for crews and pilots would be very appreciated too.

Vehicles are part of the long term plan, for the planned expansion i will bring some vehicles for each sides of the WW4 troops, crews of these vehicles will be WW4 crews, no more BIS ones.

I have no plan to change/replace the BIS vehicles, crews and weapons themselves, mainly for compatibility reason with existing missions that are filled with BIS stuff, that's not a part of my project.

The WW4 vehicles will not be replacement, but additional vehicles.

I've done everything you said but I have a little problem.

I used 'CfgMoves' part from your mod config, I copied 'Anim.pbo' from ww4 mod and added 'ww4_modanim.pbo' into my mod addons folder.

The problem is that I have some kind of "glitch" between animations from lying to crouch.

I don't know how to describe it exactly so I uploaded a video showing that problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6O_lBFO-cc

Any ideas how to fix that?

Hello again to everyone, I'll probably get back for some OFP nostalgia before upgrading for ArmA 2, looking forward to try the final version of WW4.

@Addonis: I've had the same issue when trying to use WW4beta anims in WGL and managed to solve it by copying some anim file (prolly the one for lyingtocrouch, but I don't know for sure) from Dta to sanc_anims.pbo and modifying the config accordingly. No idea why that worked, but it did.

On animation note, i have removed the "look quick behind" and replaced it by an anim in which the soldier scratch a bit one of his shoulders.

I implemented the possibility to bring up the rifle during the "crouch run" too, like it is currently for the regular standing run (jogging i mean), you will just have to press fire once to bring the rifle in possition of firing, then fire all the way, and just tap the "turbo" key to pull the rifle back in down position.

Here is a little youtube video of what i was talking about :

Considering that nearly every pbo from the addons folder of the WW4 modpack has been edited to fix minor errors or adding some content, it is not really a patch that i will release, but a new version of the whole mod in preparation for the future expansion.

A question for anyone interested in playing with the WW4 mod, it is possible to NOT force the binocular ironsight by default on the player that equip it.

This way you can, like for a weapon, go into ironsight mode or not at any time.

clipboard03q.jpg

clipboard04l.jpg

Do you want this implemented ?

Personnally either way do not disturb me and i have no real preferences, i am so used to the original "ironsight forced" binoculars that it is a bit bizarre to be able to ironsight on/off with it, but on another side it can be usefull when scanning the horizon and suddenly wanting to see what is around without having to switch back to the rifle.

You can try by yourself too see if it is good for you by doing the following :

Open the WW4 config.cpp from its "bin" folder, look for

class Binocular:Default

scroll down a bit and change

forceOptics=1;

into

forceOptics=0;

this way when equipping the binoculars you will be able to use your ironsight key to look through the optic or to move out of it.

I tested

forceOptics=0;
and I like it. Thanks for asking and for the tip!

Sounds promising. :)

As for the binoculars, I'm also used to the "ironsight forced" version, but I probably wouldn't mind too much if I had to manually switch to the optics. I guess it has some advantages.

About the climbing animation in the mod: Would it be possible to disable it? The jump animation is cool, but the climbing animation may break some mission making abilities / playthroughs. You can actually climb over barbedwire fences with it which is uncool. :eek: Imagine a mission where you're held prisoner and "I'll just jump over the fence, hop".

Love the new unforced ironsights Sanc, saves a lot of stuffing around, switching from binoculars, to primary weapon and back, to change your field of view.

I like having the option to switch on and off view.

I would be realy nice if you could move around with the binocular in hand, would be much easier and faster to do recon.

STGN

Ok, so the unforced binoculars will be, after toying more with it, i believe it is a very good feature.

About the climbing animation in the mod: Would it be possible to disable it? The jump animation is cool, but the climbing animation may break some mission making abilities / playthroughs. You can actually climb over barbedwire fences with it which is uncool. Imagine a mission where you're held prisoner and "I'll just jump over the fence, hop".

No, it can't because in MP if some people disable it and some people does not, it leads into server crashing, different CfgMovesMC classes had always displayed unfortunately this behaviour in MP.

A simple solution to your prison problem is to either "double" the barber wire fence (just setpos one on top of another) , or just script a setdammage if the player comes on top of it to make the player not willing to climb that.

Climbing is such an important tactical feature in WW4 OFP combat to get rid of those really annoying small wall you know you could move over, but are blocking your path, that removing it is not a good idea.

I would be realy nice if you could move around with the binocular in hand, would be much easier and faster to do recon.

Yes but unfortunately i have tried a lot of time, but whatever i do as CfgMoves modification, once a player/AI switch to binoc it will refuse to move anymore.

Probably something hardcoded linked to the fact the binocular is not a weapon.

The less annoying workaround i imaging would be to get the binocular configured as a handgun, but it remains annoying because you would not be able to have a handgun and a binocular in the same time.

If people are willing to accept to not being able to use handguns if they have a binocular, maybe it is a possible solution.

But that would need lots of animations, so maybe for expansion, but not for the short term official upgrade.

I am guessing its not posible but can you make aditional binoculars in an addon that would work, would like to make a spotting scope for a spotter.

STGN

After much searching, I cant find the scopes for certain weapons. The most obvious is the Groza, whgat is the optics for this?

If you are talking about the addon, look into the config.cpp from the WW4_Magazines.pbo , all the paths are there, for the basic Groza it is :

modelOptics="\ww4_wpn\mi\optic_hkf.p3d";

meaning that the optic is named optic_hkf.p3d and can be found in the ww4_wpn.pbo , in the "mi" subfolder of it.

If you are talking about the real Groza optics, sorry i have no idea, the one i use is just because i couldn't found any picture of the real sight to try to make a paa from it.

After much searching, I cant find the scopes for certain weapons. The most obvious is the Groza, whgat is the optics for this?

Normal:

\ww4_wpn\mi\optic_hkf.p3d

SD:

\ww4_wpn\ww4_GrozaSD.p3d - not that is the weapon model

PSO sight:

\ww4_wpn\ww4_GrozaPSO.p3d - not that is the weapon model

Kobra:

\ww4_wpn\mi\optic_cobra.p3d

sory copied the wrong lines form the cpp.

Edited by STGN
made a mistake

The Groza PSO sight is

modelOptics="optika_snpiere";

This is the SVD sight (optika_snpiere.p3d) that can be found in the Data3D.pbo from \Res\dta\ or \Res\dta\hwtl\

The Groza SD sight is

modelOptics="optika_HK";

This is the MP5 sight (optika_HK.p3d) from the same pbo as the SVD sight

The new binocular system is pretty good.

If anyone is interested I picked out a list of desert vehicles to go with the desert islands. They are just BIS addons re-textured as they don't take up a lot of HD space, fit with the rest of the standard vehicles and don't have balance issues like other more complex addons do.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72840

Nice, it should be very helpfull to get some balanced desert vehicles, while the WW4 ones are not ready yet.

On another note, i have identified the source regarding the climbing animation that was reported earlier :

You have certainly noticed that while you can climb on top of many objects, sometime you go through other ones.

The reason as i found is simple : the damned buggy roadway lod.

For those that do not know, this is the lod that is used to define on an object , a vehicle or a building the area on which a soldier can actually walk, as you have noticed when you put a soldier on top of an object he can either move normally (when it has a roadway lod there) or with big difficulty (when it does not)

This lod is buggy in which it screw up the altitude detection (just climb aboard a plane or a helicopter addon that has a roadway lod, and observe what is your altitude reported , or use script to detect it and you will notice how much annoying the simple presence of that lod can be sometime).

So everytime you climb using an animation like this on top of an object that feature a roadway lod on its top, you fall through the object.

Certainly related to that altitude screwup that apparently fail to report the correct Z coordinate in which the soldier is supposed to be.

Now if you climb on top of an object that DO NOT feature any kind of roadway lod on its top, the climbing animation put you really on top of this object, without any problem (as hinted before, you can climb on top of a M113 without a problem).

Those OFP "pseudo-physics" things are definitively extremely annoying.

Edited by Sanctuary

It happens in vanilla and it happens in WW4, sometime i see an AI sprinting (not running, i mean they use the move forward awhile pressing the turbo key) straight to an enemy location, just to die stupidly.

Now i remembered before resistance i remember having seen an AI sprinting and shooting, maybe only once or twice.

In WW4, the sprinting animation do not allow shooting.

But i can do it, i even made the animation, i can configure it the same way as running (tap fire to raise the weapon, tap turbo to lower it again).

I did the animation for this with a key difference from the running rise/lower weapon : with some training you can sometime land some bullets on a target while running and shooting. But for the sprinting i doubt training will help, but pure luck, like in default OFP anim.

Here is a small youtube video to display what it is and a comparison with the already existing raise/lower weapon during the jogging animation :

Do you want that implemented in the mod ?

Yes or no does not disturb me, i have never been in a situation in which i needed to shoot while i was pressing the turbo key.

But as i say in the opening of this message, long time ago i remember having seen an AI doing this.

So in my opinion even if worthless for the human player as unless lucky you may not hit an elephant in a narrow corridor, it could help the AI when they decide to stupidly sprint to their enemy location.

I like it. The faster I can get my weapon up in a fast paced fight the better!

I am is it posible to go from sprint to jog keeping the weapon raised not having flung down by the side first?

STGN

Yes, you can keep it.

In Multiplayer, it could keep ennemies (human players) hidden during our moves.

As the current one present in the WW4 modpack was more looking like a "high jump" than really like a climbing, i have reworked the animation.

You can see it there :

To compare, if you don't remember how to, just go into "weapon on back" stance (patrol ingame) and press the turbo key and the move back key in the same time to climb.

At least this time you will have Spiderman.