Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA feedback thread - based on Beta Patch 1.15

A last word from me concerning the "throttle" for aircrafts.

Please give us, who fly with joystick, the old OFP throttle control back!

Again a small video that shows how precise the OFP throttle/brake system was, here the "brakes":

http://lee.plankton.ch/OFP_throttle.wmv (right click save as...)

= <- 100% Thrust

-

-  <- 50% Thrust

-

= <- Deadzone

-

-  <- 50% Brake

-

= <- 100% Brake

Please no more:

= <- 100% Thrust

= <- 0% Deadzone

= <- 100% Brake

-----

I really hope to see this in the next/last patch for Armed Assault.

Happy New Year everyone!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I noticed a problem with the game (and most games the use some sort of streaming) on vista 32. When the game tries to load something new or give it more detail, it stutters horrible. As that happens all the time in arma when you move it quickly becomes unplayable.

I did however workout that it appears that Windows Search is the bad guy in this. So after disabling it in services ArmA runs much better, still it stutters at times but nowhere near the same.

AMD64 6000+

ATi 4870

2Gb RAM

Visata 32

I noticed a problem with the game (and most games the use some sort of streaming) on vista 32. When the game tries to load something new or give it more detail, it stutters horrible. As that happens all the time in arma when you move it quickly becomes unplayable.

I did however workout that it appears that Windows Search is the bad guy in this. So after disabling it in services ArmA runs much better, still it stutters at times but nowhere near the same.

AMD64 6000+

ATi 4870

2Gb RAM

Visata 32

2GB on Vista is not enough, and you need like a 1024mb gfx card to run arma above normal settings without stuttering unless you play at low resolutions like 1024x768.

A last word from me concerning the "throttle" for aircrafts.

Please give us, who fly with joystick, the old OFP throttle control back!

Again a small video that shows how precise the OFP throttle/brake system was, here the "brakes":

http://lee.plankton.ch/OFP_throttle.wmv (right click save as...)

= <- 100% Thrust

-

-  <- 50% Thrust

-

= <- Deadzone

-

-  <- 50% Brake

-

= <- 100% Brake

Please no more:

= <- 100% Thrust

= <- 0% Deadzone

= <- 100% Brake

-----

I really hope to see this in the next/last patch for Armed Assault.

Happy New Year everyone!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I can't stress the need for this fix enough, there isn't another game where I can fly air support for other players who are hunkered down on the ground like in Arma or OFP. There's been a lot of evolution of the aircraft controls in Arma since 1.0, and all of them have been tremendous and awesome. Having a working throttle again would be the final icing on the cake!

cars run super slow on gravel roads for me (like on rahmadi)

no matter what car or what island..

this is only with 1.15 beta.

Quote[/b] ]cars run super slow on gravel roads for me (like on rahmadi)

no matter what car or what island..

You can edit this by yourself.Use kegetys tools,unpbo hotfix.pbo,derapify config.bin,save as config.cpp.Open with text editor,find "terraincoef" (all of them),change to 0.2-0.5.Repbo and test.

It still requires over 100fps to be able to aim decently in ArmA. FIX?

anything above 30 FPS will give you smooth, uninterrupted mouse control/aiming, unless you are running out of ram and the game will start paging (freezing momentarily/stuttering).

It's not in the changelog, but the admin server command /#restart now works. It didn't before.

However the falling off motorbike bug, which has been claimed to be fixed in a number of these patches, still occurs.

anything above 30 FPS will give you smooth, uninterrupted mouse control/aiming, unless you are running out of ram and the game will start paging (freezing momentarily/stuttering).

That is false information, go test it yourself properly before you start saying. It's around 100 FPS when you will get uninterrupted mouse control/aiming.

What you said applies to most of the fps games out there, but not ArmA. ArmA has horrible input system.

Quote[/b] ]That is false information, go test it yourself properly before you start saying. It's around 100 FPS when you will get uninterrupted mouse control/aiming.

What you said applies to most of the fps games out there, but not ArmA. ArmA has horrible input system.

Do you use fraps to show framerate?Once i had crazy fps readings(100-300) when using it.I'm using ECS framecounter,it gives real fps which are about 10-70.This is achieved with xeon @2.75 ghz and 4870 x2.

Quote[/b] ]That is false information, go test it yourself properly before you start saying. It's around 100 FPS when you will get uninterrupted mouse control/aiming.

Do you use fraps to show framerate?Once i had crazy fps readings(100-300) when using it.I'm using ECS framecounter,it gives real fps which are about 10-70.This is achieved with xeon @2.75 ghz and 4870 x2.

No I don't think so. I use fraps and it shows correct framerate with vsync enabled (60fps) for example. I don't get crazy fps readings with it.

I had this error in my client .rpt file;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warning Message: Patch 1.14 is available for download at www.armedassault.com

No alive in 10000

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp

===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG

Version 1.15.5268

Fault address: 7D61C870 01:0000C870 C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

Prev. code bytes: B9 1B 00 00 00 8D 54 24 04 64 FF 15 C0 00 00 00

Fault code bytes: C2 28 00 B8 05 00 00 00 B9 1A 00 00 00 8D 54 24

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:0F5A01D8

ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000

ESI:001185D8 EDI:01A5E6A8

CS:EIP:0023:7D61C870

SS:ESP:002B:01A5EAA4 EBP:01A5EBA8

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00000202

===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

I just loaded the game and clicked on Multiplayer.

It listed

Gave teh download 1.14 from site error

then froze for sometime

No servers

Refreshed

Servers showed up OK

But got this error in teh rpt.

Now had this for the first time...

Beta 1.15 opened & closed only..

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAT Negotiation failed (NNBeginNegotiationWithSocket) - error 3

crazy_o.gif

Driving fast down a slope kills you.

Is it a bug or is it intended to simulate the head bouncing on the wheel  banghead.gif .

How to reproduce the bug :

Go in the editor load Sahrani island and place a HMMWV at grid position Ib42 near 234 height.

editor

Then preview the mission and drive fast (keep the fast forward key pressed only) west toward the trees like in this picture :

dead

Error in 1.15b with warfare(any version even with versions prior to 1.15b:

1.15b makes call to script: "common_GetTeamStatus.sqf"

Can't replicate the error with 1.14 or previous versions even with warfare1.2

After having a few crashes I started setting the core affinity for arma.exe to use just one, the fourth, instead of all four. Been playing for many hours since without any lockups.

Q6600

8800GTS 320mb

4Gb (3.2 in OS)

XP 32bit

Quote[/b] ]Driving fast down a slope kills you.

Me too,and don't have to even drive fast.And as i stated before,save system needs patching also. pistols.gif

Screens are smoother and faster on my 2.16 duo 2GB RAM and a 8800GTS 640MB, XP Pro SP2

The gfx card seems to be able to work "harder" / faster now, for the first time ever my GFX card is heating up and the fan is having to run faster.

Driver 6.14.11.7516

Haven't had any extra special crashes, been pretty good really.

Hi, could someone tell me if they've fixed the inventory slots for some

of the units?, the Warfare Corpsman have 8 visible slots (filled with

NATO 5.56 magazines) but he have two Smoke nades (red & green)

i think that the standard Corpsman have this bug too and maybe

the woodland one too. I just want to know if they enabled the all

the inventory slots for the Corpsmen (as they should) as 12 slots

use to be few even for common soldiers. Let's C ya

Although this feels much better I still get texture pop ups on buildings when a lot is going on. I saw some on ArmA II also so I guess its just one of those things that will never be overcome.

Frames appear smoother which is a plus, I still have to reduce a lot of the options to low to get a good fps for mp.

Is it possible to add markerShape command in this patch (related to existing setMarkerShape command) ?

I need it because I'm making a ctf template and when someone places markers corresponding to a base I want to make the corresponding triggers in a script and I need to know if marker is a rectangle or an ellipse. The command will return "icon", "ellipse" or "rectangle".

It would also help to have triggerArea command (similar to setTriggerArea) that will return width, height, rotation and shape of a trigger.