Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Whats new? :confused:

Err just a little coverage, a previewer's opinion, that's all. Although it does point to a new preview in the upcoming issue of PC Gamer UK. Anyone here get a UK PC Gamer subscription?

"Visiting the former military areas isn't forbidden, but due to large numbers of unexploded ordnance as well as the decayed conditions of the buildings it is not recommended."

Look's interesting.. :whistle:

I love those civil MI-8s :yay:

And the new wrecks look great too.

Oh well, they looked fine in Arma1, they look fine here.

Oh well, they looked fine in Arma1, they look fine here.

The airport will probably be one of the most popular places in online servers... everytime that ugly thing pops its head we'll get to think of Arma.. Which I really believe detracts from what they are trying to do with Arma2.

The airport will probably be one of the most popular places in online servers... everytime that ugly thing pops its head we'll get to think of Arma.. Which I really believe detracts from what they are trying to do with Arma2.

Come on, ArmA1 was not a traumatic experience, get over it.

Come on, ArmA1 was not a traumatic experience, get over it.

Well I guess they can just copy/paste some more stuff, like some of the vehicles and textures they've already done, seems like people are content any way the wind blows.

Edited by Victor

I'd say new Hangars are somehwere near the top of the 900's on my priority list. Ai being able to move thru them freely and smartly is slightly higher however...

Well I guess they can just copy/paste some more stuff, like some of the vehicles and textures they've already done, seems like people are content any way the wind blows.

EA took about 75% vehicles from previous NFS and put them in new version. So yeah Dev's can do this. Why they need to make always new model? If there is old good models, they can just retexture, remodel or just make some changes ;)

And more important: it saves them time so they can work what really matters.

"Visiting the former military areas isn't forbidden, but due to large numbers of unexploded ordnance as well as the decayed conditions of the buildings it is not recommended."

Look's interesting.. :whistle:

Has some kind of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. feeling for me :):yay:

EA took about 75% vehicles from previous NFS and put them in new version. So yeah Dev's can do this. Why they need to make always new model? If there is old good models, they can just retexture, remodel or just make some changes ;)

Taking examples from EA isn't exactly what i'd like to see from BIS...

Taking examples from EA isn't exactly what i'd like to see from BIS...

Indeed EA is bad example but still, many dev's using old stuff tho. it saves time as previously mentioned, if they took some some stuff c'mon it isn't that bad...

Well then why don't you show us a photo of what the hangers should look like?

If something ain't broken, don't fix it.

Now is there rooms for improvements? Yes there is.

Are they broken? Not really.

EA took about 75% vehicles from previous NFS and put them in new version. So yeah Dev's can do this. Why they need to make always new model? If there is old good models, they can just retexture, remodel or just make some changes

This technique out of the lab of EA is a very good and cost effective one.

This still doesn't mean there's no new effort to the models. They added things (new NFS's got even interior), new shades, new driving model and so on, and at the end,

they saved like 30% time than making it new from scratch but this still means there are 70% remodelled, changed or just "new".

If you watch the ArmA II models its the same. The M1A1 in ArmA II is an evolution

of the M1A1 of Armed Assault which is an evo of the OFP Model.

And so on.

Usually when it comes to military hangars (specially if it's a U.S. hangar) they're more protected/shielded. I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with 10 mm of steel protecting my shiny, new F35-Bs.

CF-18_Hornet_shelter-1.jpg