Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

German Editor of Arma.de "FlickFlack" reported some Minutes ago that he got "Answer from BIS" about some Question about the German release:

- Around the 29th or some few days Later they will release a Patch alone for the German Version which Brings the Game on the same level as Goldmaster International (i assume 505, etc.).

- German Version is 1.0, international Goldmaster-Version will be 1.01 or 1.02 (still open i guess).

- As soon as the game was released in EVERY Country on the World, there will be a Patch uniting all these Versions.

- But before that happens, there will be different Patches for different Versions if necessary.

- To shorten time for the international release, they prepare the Demo within this and next Week and we should all be patient.

Thanx for the info. Demo in 2 weeks :yay:

I did understand the "preparing the demo" rather in a way like "developing it currently" - that it will be released at the same time is purely speculation by you guys :p:D

I did understand the "preparing the demo" rather in a way like "developing it currently" - that it will be released at the same time is purely speculation by you guys :p:D

Yeah it could mean that too and you could be right. BI devs must be hands full finalizing the international release, so it indeed sounds pretty strange that they would have the time for the demo at this time. We just have to wait and see.

Edited by Potatomasher

I still fail to see why they can't just release them all at once....

Because there are different publishers. And morphicon seems to insist on being the first to release.

@cm

Maybe you should ask the publishers...different countries, different people, different marketing. And all are eager to make profit.

Edit: ok, lets go back to press coverage

Edited by NoRailgunner

Folks at BIS are busy like hell currently. So everything that was said remains 'probably' regarding to what is actually done at the moment and what is in the pipeline or on todos. But you can expect that it is goal to bring all the versions to one level, as it would be a little silly to have different versions playing online. Content-wise buyers of the German version will have to have patience. But on the other hand, they are the first diving into ArmA2. However, let it be rainy and cloudy over the next weekend :D

anyone know the rating of the german version? wonder why this game isnt 18+...

16+ in Germany. Simple really: there is no real gore. Yes, you shoot people and there is a small puff of blood and a blood texture on their clothes and skin... but that's it. When a guy dies he falls over and there's some blood.

Now look at games like FEAR or Left 4 Dead where stuff get blasted to bits and there's blood everywhere, on the floor, on the walls...

Good that they evaluate ArmA 2 as it comes out of the box.

If someone would make a splatter mod with lots of flying giblets for evaluation.....

Balla, welcome

We want a detailed report Saturday morning please. :)

Gotta work in the morning and will be puttin my new computer together after work so wont be till later in the afternoon that i'll have a review and videos up.

Thank you!

On MSNNBC, there was a list from PC World of the top games awaited this summer. DR was one, and Arma II was not on the list.. I made sure to tell them to dig past the hype and go for the gold. Depressing though :(

Edited by Scrub

Oh yeah, and there's cows. And dogs and boar and hens and all sorts. Hooray for animals! Miserablists will argue there's no need for them - that our furry friends don't serve any real purpose

miserablist

Noun - a person who appears to enjoy being depressed, esp. a performer of or listener to gloomy music.

Adjective - of, resembling, or likely to be enjoyed by a miserablist.

From the French adjective, misérabiliste used to describe the presentation of something which dwells just on unpleasant aspects of reality.

Just trying to take my mind off the gap between now and release date.

Man can't wait to hear from the german gamers about Arma 2 :D

I hope there won't be to many campaign spoilers :P

I'll be getting the 505 version bugs or no bugs I don't care its gonna be awesome once I get togheter a new computer :)

Sorry if this has been said and maybe most have seen, but for those who havent (i hadnt lol) i post a link to ARMA2's site. It is a flash map you can zoom in and out. Also hover the mouse over some villages/cities and see some small screenshots. Some new screens to me.

"Map of Chernarus"

Link: ARMA2 Chernarus map

EDIT: Krasnostav have a runway north east, and Balota south have a runway too. :)

EDIT2: I love the area names as well! No more "We are north east of Cayo!". Now we can properly say "We are in the north east Skalka forest!". Awesome.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex72

72;1289743']Sorry if this has been said and maybe most have seen' date=' but for those who havent (i hadnt lol) i post a link to ARMA2's site. It is a flash map you can zoom in and out. Also hover the mouse over some villages/cities and see some small screenshots. Some new screens to me.

"[b']Map of Chernarus[/b]"

EDIT: Krasnostav have a runway north east, and Balota south have a runway too. :)

Cheers

Alex

No, at least I haven't seen it or another reference to it.

Its so damn cool! Never seen such good PR for a game before...

Nice find, I had not see that before either. Do BIS post stuff on there web sites and time how long it takes for some 1 to see and post in here the new info? I wonder who is winning so far.

there are total 3 airport in the area, one at the north-east, one at north-west, and one at south west, add in the Wasp class, there is total of 4 airport to play with.

P.S. I always love the way they uses semi-realistic topographic map as ingame map, forcing you to acturally learn how to read map, thats something i think wont be happen in other games(finding your whereabout with only your map and compass in a night mission is fun!)

Edited by 4 IN 1

72;1289743']Sorry if this has been said and maybe most have seen' date=' but for those who havent (i hadnt lol) i post a link to ARMA2's site. It is a flash map you can zoom in and out. Also hover the mouse over some villages/cities and see some small screenshots. Some new screens to me.

"[b']Map of Chernarus[/b]"

EDIT2: I love the area names as well! No more "We are north east of Cayo!". Now we can properly say "We are in the north east Skalka forest!". Awesome.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks!

And if you use this URL, the map (and small screenshots) will be a lot bigger :cool: :

Map of Chernarus: full screen map

Edited by Ollem

Looks like there's another airfield to the SW in Balota as well. Nice atmosphere BIS!

add in the Wasp class, there is total of 4 airport to play with.

As RKSL-Rock stated in his preview on armaholic, the WASP Class ship seems to be a preplaced Mapobject @ Utes.