Sign in to follow this  
JOHNsArT

JOHNS KINGTIGER (ALPHA)

Good work John!  Myself and John talked a little bit ago and I will be adding a hull mg for it, some sound for the gun on it and putting up on the mod.

Yes, that would put this nice tank to good use smile_o.gif

atm ..i..work on a M18 Hellcat !

my wishlist is long , but quality needs more time...i wish i had a bit more time ! spending my work

screens i think about a new wip thread M18 HELLCAT

CHEERS JOHN

Quote[/b] ]One bug I found is that the 'green' camouflaged tank is missing a texture on the left track

SHOW A SCREEN PLS

Hi John, first of all congrats to your fantastic work on the Kingtiger. Very nice to share it with community. I was visiting your homepage and wanted to ask what about the other fine pieces you show there (got an eye on the sweet looking Sdkfz 251 wink_o.gif )

If it wasn't an .EXE I'd be downloading that and installing it. Dubious of any EXE, its not that I don't trust you. .ZIP or .RAR would be preferred, as I'm sure I'm not the only person here with the same reservations.

dude dont be a wuss

If it wasn't an .EXE I'd be downloading that and installing it. Dubious of any EXE, its not that I don't trust you. .ZIP or .RAR would be preferred, as I'm sure I'm not the only person here with the same reservations.

dude dont be a wuss

Or he can DL it at .info or armaholic.com, .rar and .7z files they have there. I haven't found the .exe version yet me self.

Quote[/b] ]One bug I found is that the 'green' camouflaged tank is missing a texture on the left track

SHOW A SCREEN PLS

Here are the screens.

arma2008110617304021bx8.png

with other versions in game

arma2008110617310234zn0.png

arma2008110617311509wn0.png

Very, very nice JOHN - a masterpiece in fact!!!

Isn't the "missing texture" supposed to actually be wear and tear/battle damage?

Good luck with the M18

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Ah, I see what you mean now belgerot. I thought you meant the mudgaurd, not the track texture.

pistols.gif

John is an excellent artist. I will be taking some much needed texturing advice from him.

I checked a few times myself but it does look like a missing texture, whose path isn't correct maybe? In the latter screens the same exact tank (Grün/Green Camouflaged) is shown and has the texture intact, but only when one of the other camouflaged tanks are on map/in editor.

until you drop this thing into the editor you cannot grasp the quality of this model smile_o.gif

hi guyz,

@belgerot ...havnt that problem , texture path is correct.! other ppl? got this problem too?

i see by checking that some alphas teeths show now black color, it can be with the compressed model to do.

I fix this things mates...and upload again asap

alpha.jpg

its the compressed model ...anyone an idea? otherwise i must upload the uncompressed model banghead.gif

Fantastic work, yes, I also had the same prob as Belgerot, left track looked like a solid rubber band. I got this when I tried it on the Porto map on it's own, then I put 3 tigers on a desert map and they all looked looked fine.

Looks fantastic, drives fantastic and sounds like it should be smile_o.gif But I also found, that the tracks are stretched in some places (more accurately between the rear wheel and the rest and between the front wheel and rest of 'em). Other than that it's a masterpiece.

BTW: You misswrote my nick - it's Tiger205 not 505 wink_o.gif

Cheers

Bow machinegun and other configs + memory points are easy to fix.

Cannot get anything done however since it is a binarized model. sad_o.gif

EDIT: Way too high armor value and damage for the 88mm gun. Almost in level with modern stuff. No way WW2 steel armor and ammo can do the same than modern compound armor and modern sabot or heat rounds. Come on - there's is over half a century between them!

...im chuffed you slowed down the moveablitiy on the turret that just adds quality and realism

The turret traverse is actually too slow. The real Tiger II

could traverse the turret through a full 360 degrees in

between 36 and 19 seconds depending on engine revs. At

full revs that's almost as fast as the M4 and way faster

than any contemporary British tank.

This is a nice model indeed but not nearly ready for release

as an addon, IMHO.

After more testing I have to say, that this Tiger is way too slow. I looked into the config and maxSpeed is set to 10. I set it to 25 and it was better, but can someone tell me, if those numbers in config are km/h in game or something else?

km/h

Max speed for a Royal Tiger was only ~17km/h across country.

~40 max on good level roads.

How would it be possible to set different speeds on roads/open terrain?

I've noticed that a strange shadow appears on the front-side of the tanks hull, and enlarges to cover almost the whole area when you approach it, but as you are farther away it shrinks and is unnoticeable.

I hope it's just me, but I will check further into it.

Better speed elevation of turret and proper working gun positions and it's perfect for me, it's already instilling fear into troops. biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to an upgrade and a Hellcat. smile_o.gif