Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Nevada Terrain 0.1

Edited by Opteryx

Great stuff  smile_o.gif

edit: eep, the pbo file is bigger then sara or any other arma map hihi

How did you get a 15000vd?

i thought it just went to 10000 then stopped.

Jesus the map is awesome and awesome inscale without hardly anything on it..

The hills will have eyes tounge2.gif

so.. is there ANY buildings on this map?

and what about the other island you showed in the screenshot thread? smile_o.gif

so.. is there ANY buildings on this map?

please read opteryx's post one more time

Right, now I started this 3 days ago and I just want to stress that this is FAR from complete...

Protip:

Paste this code into your units init field to get a better view of the scenery (provided your PC can handle it).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">setviewdistance 15000

That terrain just looks wicked from the air. Very "detailed" in elevations (cool).

Drop a hut in the mountains and simulate a Taliban Cell on "home soil" mission  rofl.gif

For multiplayer you can also add an init.sqf to your missions folder to alter the viewdistance. Same code snippet.

Great fun flying on this one, it's almost REAL ! crazy_o.gif

Opteryx, God of worlds.

I hope you fix the surrounding sat image of the terrain on the edges.. wink_o.gif

an idea for scenery:

make it a border between two countries. so devide the map in 2, with fences, checkpoints etc. Then add two army bases, one on each side. Also possibly oil fields, long lonely roads and electric lines. this way u can have pretty cool desert warfare with invasion/defence scenarios.

an idea for scenery:

make it a border between two countries. so devide the map in 2, with fences, checkpoints etc. Then add two army bases, one on each side. Also possibly oil fields, long lonely roads and electric lines. this way u can have pretty cool desert warfare with invasion/defence scenarios.

Sounds cool, but you're posting in the wrong thread.....

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....st=1605

Might want to try there.

and what about the other island you showed in the screenshot thread? smile_o.gif

Yeah the island you showed in the Photo Thred really looks daamn nice and playable.

It would be a SHAME if you let this island die.

Nevada also looks very nice. Downloading now!

this map look really nice for some air combat mission. And that just judging from the Video i saw. Soo Downloading now then gonna play around with Project Racs jets

Just did a multiplayer patrol on it with some AI and mates. With our own mods it was great fun, the engagement ranges are insane.

Its lack of cover... made our mass retreat from an armoured advance... a slaughter. Two out of thirty survived, and they hid behind a small ridge...

Great fun overall. But again... cover is needed (incase your set on leaving it this way), a little less ground vegetation (densitys too high).

And like I said in a PM, it'd be really cool if you gave out the source of map... even if just to me...

tounge2.gif

an idea for scenery:

Might want to try there.

Wrong thread? Why?  huh.gif

I think Soul was talking about your Nevada Terrain 0.1 map so it's should be the right place wink_o.gif

Nice work so.

Keep it up.

MfG, Medicus

an idea for scenery:

Might want to try there.

Wrong thread? Why?  huh.gif

I think Soul was talking about your Nevada Terrain 0.1 map so it's should be the right place wink_o.gif

Nice work so.

Keep it up.

MfG, Medicus

Uh yeah, I read it wrong as a request for something else, erm at any rate it deviates too far from reality for my taste.

Very nice map, i love it inlove.gif

Only thing which is missing on your maps is an airbase, especially for this large map it would be very useful.

Any plans for that?

Seeing that this map is quite large what´s theoretically possible in sizes of maps?