Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

First it's you who came into a console thread and is acting like a childish PCBOY. WE ALL KNOW A PC HAS MORE TO OFFER.

You're very wrong my friend. I didn't posted in this thread. I posted in the thread made by ajfox254 but the mods merged the two threads.

The controls will worked fine for a console game, the gameplay will be the same that is the bottom line.

I never said the gameplay will be different, I only said the aiming is more difficult. And yes I played console games that require aiming and for me atleast I was a lot more difficult.

Yes mod's are fun but they open a can of worms for cheating on line. The vanilla OFP was fine and the vanilla ARMA1 was good minus the bugs yes some of the MOD for gameplay was great like ACE. I don't really care about the units as much but ACE was nice and should have been in the game at the start from BOHEMIA.

This is on a case to case basis. If you don't need addons it doesn't mean all console players think the same.

I only posted my own oppinion, why are you making such a big deal about it.

Edited by BogdanM

You're very wrong my friend. I never posted in this thread. I posted in the thread made by ajfox254 but the mods merged the two threads.

I never said the gameplay will be different, I only said the aiming is more difficult. And yes I played console games that require aiming and for me atleast I was a lot more difficult.

This is on a case to case basis. If you don't need addons it doesn't mean all console players think the same.

I only posted my own oppinion, why are you making such a big deal about it.

its true

Perhaps we can stop the name-calling and arguing please.

i searched all over and i couldnt fnd anything. will there be a demo prior to release for xbox

i searched all over and i couldnt fnd anything. will there be a demo prior to release for xbox

No need to start a new thread when one exists.

the game would have to be ported over

Afaik it's said by a BI official that they don't port it over but that they work in parallel on the 360 version. It's said in one of the many videos one can find on youtube, don't remember which it was, though.

Grim

Afaik it's said by a BI official that they don't port it over but that they work in parallel on the 360 version. It's said in one of the many videos one can find on youtube, don't remember which it was, though.

Grim

My dear grimnirsson, Yes BOHEMIA stated they were working in parallel on the 360 version this is true. I am sure they have a somewhat working simple version of the game. That fact is the version is not completed and most likely running at a very low FPS rate.

Before BOHEMIA is going to put more time into a 360 game they must see how well the PC game sells and mostly will want to see if OFPDR does well with the console market over some of the games coming out at the end of the year ie COD and BF new games.

They still need a publisher to step up and say we will give you money, we think this game can work on a console and sell well.

What can we do as the console community, well we ALL need to write to 505 games and tell them we will support this game. Look at one of my QUOTES - IF YOU MAKE THE GAME, THEY WILL PLAY. I have been saying this for a few years but we need more console players to step up and tell the publishers we will support this game.

I hate to tell you that I don't see ARMA2 coming to the 360 for a long time and I am one of the biggest fans of OFP/ARMA games and BOHEMIA but you have to see things for what they are.

Just keep the Faith and hope OFPDR is a big hit and a publisher says yes this game will have a market lets DO IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got this on PC but will get it for 360 aswell because the PC is my brothers so if he's on the PC I can go on the 360 one, getting OFPDR on PC though.

My dear grimnirsson, Yes BOHEMIA stated they were working in parallel on the 360 version this is true. I am sure they have a somewhat working simple version of the game. That fact is the version is not completed and most likely running at a very low FPS rate.

I don't know about the current state of this version and it doesn't really matter. All I wanted to say is if it is gonna published it won't be a simple port over from the PC (hopefully not, because all the bugs won't allow any passing in the MS quality control - which is a good thing btw)

Before BOHEMIA is going to put more time into a 360 game they must see how well the PC game sells and mostly will want to see if OFPDR does well with the console market over some of the games coming out at the end of the year ie COD and BF new games.

All fine, but if the game by CM is a winner (and I suppose it will) BI will have a difficult start to catch up with the leader then. The 360 has so many great games that perhaps one true milsim will be enough to get all the attention...

Grim

Can we get this thread as an announcement or a sticky? Having to search 6 pages of stuff to find updates for the 360 is just too much. Thanks:D

Can we get this thread as an announcement or a sticky? Having to search 6 pages of stuff to find updates for the 360 is just too much. Thanks:D

Hey T3 Forgiven welcome to the froum and this was a sticky post at one time. If they made this a sticky again then the game will sure to be coming to a 360 near you but for now just come to this site and if any new information is out this post will be on the first page. this is a cold true fact. We can only hope in the next year we will get this game for the 360 but it does not look that good for us at this time.

who here knows what the power of a 360 processer is??

well i know but does any one else??

and i've been reading this thread for mounths now and i look at it every day:)

Hey T3 Forgiven welcome to the froum and this was a sticky post at one time. If they made this a sticky again then the game will sure to be coming to a 360 near you but for now just come to this site and if any new information is out this post will be on the first page. this is a cold true fact. We can only hope in the next year we will get this game for the 360 but it does not look that good for us at this time.

The next year? Did I miss something? I was thinking the end of the year NOT next? What happened? I re-read this forum but don't see any updates or cancellations. Link anyone?

:eek:

Relax, there's no release date for the 360 version, no confirmation other than interviews that say BI is working on such a version in parallel to the PC version...and no official announcement that it is cancled, either. We know next to nothing and all you can read here is pure guessing and speculation. Since BI prefers do not tell us something concrete you have two choices: join the guessings or relax and wait. If it comes it comes, if not then not. Personally I am tired of guessing and will play FDR until ArmA2 will be published for the 360 or till I hear it won't come.

Grim

Well Im done promoting this. I have told hundreds of ppl on live, had information pages on my website and basically used a loud speaker in cod rooms ect.. I will just wait till the day I stop in at gamestop to buy a ms point card for the dlc offered by cm (to pay for the stuff that should have been in the game in the first place) and see it on some half empty shelf.Thanks for the update and guessing guys, you've answered more than bi up to this point.

i just wish that the developers would come out and say if its no chance(or if there is any chance) for ArmA 2 coming out for the 360'... im probably gonna have to settle with ofp:dr :(

Mwah ha ha I hope we do maintain a PC exclusive with this title, its about time something drew people back into PC gaming :p

Mwah ha ha I hope we do maintain a PC exclusive with this title, its about time something drew people back into PC gaming :p

That's constructive !!

Good point.

I have owned X360 since 2007 and during 07-09 i played mostly console games. PC was used just for web. Before 07 i played only PC games from the days i got my 486dx.

DCS:Black shark and now Arma2 pulled me back to PC.

Good point.

No, not a good point in the 360 folder here.

That's constructive !!

Do...not...feed...the...Troll...

Grim

too much work for BI to scale this massive game down to console, i'm sure it can be done and will eventually be on the 360 but only when the PC version gets sorted out.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

i just wish that the developers would come out and say if its no chance(or if there is any chance) for ArmA 2 coming out for the 360'... im probably gonna have to settle with ofp:dr :(

lol @ your signature.

So thats it? It's over?

Like 70 pages of you guys talking about it then it burst into flames and falls into nothing? Anyone from BIS want to say anything? Even if its just a "Hang in there" or a lolcat, something to keep the consoles group going?

:(