Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

Could it be possible to enable team switch? It seems that for every five AI infantry I buy, two of them get stuck.

Quote[/b] ]

You give the enemy a `huge bonus'?

nop.. AT from moutan hills does the trick "once base located"..

i didnt mean to wall in the entire base..

*walls around HQ should not affect ai's path.

since i never seen the ai move the HQ when its spotted or the base is under verry heavy attack waves. "intervals". i think it would be a good thing to wall it in..

*3 walls around Heavy & Light factery. so they can take a shot from a tank on back/left/right side of the building. should not affect the ai path.

Quote[/b] ]

Kremator

One final thing - Benny added extra features to his warfare like Satellite camera and units camera (both VERY useful indeed). Would it also be possible to add extra goodies like these ?

would not that make the mission a bit boring.. and besides.. the island is so small you would have spotted the base long before you could afford the satcam. aslo i think it would make the mission even more easy,,

thise are just my opinion tho..

i would like to see more servers running acemod with this mission smile_o.gif

because im not always intrested in playing 5-6 hours on pvp warfare

Could it be possible to enable team switch? It seems that for every five AI infantry I buy, two of them get stuck.

Nope, not possible as far as I know.

Quote[/b] ]

One final thing - Benny added extra features to his warfare like Satellite camera and units camera (both VERY useful indeed). Would it also be possible to add extra goodies like these ?

I'm not planning to. ACE has this new HuntIR thing though which you could use instead. It's already in WACO. Once they add a UAV I'll add that too.

Doomguy

Hi!

Here it is: WACO v1.1.6 ACE. Download from FileFront. Compatible with ACE 1.0.1, and with the following other changes since 1.1.5f:

- (ACE) Implemented rucksack support in gear menu. You can now pack your rucksack directly.

- (ALL) Implemented support for equipement slots for binoculars, nv goggles, laser designator, etc. in gear menu.

- (ALL) AI teams react faster to enemy units close to the base. They no longer wait around at factories when there are enemy units near.

- (ALL) It is now required to capture a certain number of camps of a town before the town itself can be captured. The number of camps to be captured is controlled by the constant

MINCAMPRATIOFORTOWNCAPTURE in Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqs. By default, it is set to 0.5, meaning that half of a town's camps must be captured before the town itself can be captured. The AI has been adapted to deal with this new rule. If you want to disable this feature and go back to the old way of capturing towns, set MINCAMPRATIOFORTOWNCAPTURE to 0.

- (ACE) Disabled AA tripods.

- (ACE) Added SMAW spotting rounds and shotguns from ACE 1.0.1.

- (ACE) Replaced default Warfare OPC/D with ACE_sys_network.

Updated versions of the normal addons and stand alone versions will follow later.

Doomguy out.

thanks fo all ur hard work m8. do u have to run ACE 1.1 ro use this? ive reverted back to ACe 1.0 due to a massive slowdown and lag whilst playing ona server.

We tested 1.16 ACE Version and it runs very fine!

Especially the fact, that you have to take half of the camps before capturing the depot makes the game more intresting and tactical! You can't rush through the towns so easily.

Very nice work. Thank you Doomguy!

@Nemesis: I think you try to connect on my server while we where testing. (VOIDs ACE Mod 1.01 Server, I was MiskyWhixer)

But you get disconnected every time. Was that, because you've used ACE 1.0? I have only the bikey for ACE 1.01 on the server.

Doomguy, fantastic work most appreciated. I'd just like to ask a couple of questions:-

1. On my server I seem to have trouble with JIP. For example, when I start a game those players that are in from the start show on the player list, in the options menu fine. I can transfer money and see markers on the map.

But anyone who joins after mission start, does not show on player list, also has no marker on the map.

Does anybody else have this problem? If not any idea what could cause it?

2. Would it be possible to increase the spawn zone for Resistance forces around the towns? Not sure what it is atm, but you have to be almost ontop of a outlying camp for the town to spawn.

Once again thanks for this, great fun...

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]

1. On my server I seem to have trouble with JIP. For example, when I start a game those players that are in from the start show on the player list, in the options menu fine. I can transfer money and see markers on the map.  

But anyone who joins after mission start, does not show on player list, also has no marker on the map.  

Does anybody else have this problem?  If not any idea what could cause it?

This worries me... I think I know what might cause this - the ACE_sys_network stuff. Let's see if other people report the same problem.

Quote[/b] ]2. Would it be possible to increase the spawn zone for Resistance forces around the towns?  Not sure what it is atm, but you have to be almost ontop of a outlying camp for the town to spawn.

This is possible. Keep in mind that bigger spawn zones will mean more resistance troops active on average, meaning more server load. Anyway, you can change these ranges per town type.

In Server\Config change the _range variable in the following files:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Config_AirportTown.sqs

Config_DefaultTown.sqs

Config_LargeTown1.sqs

Config_LargeTown2.sqs

Config_LargeTown.sqs

Config_MediumTown1.sqs

Config_MediumTown1Tank.sqs

Config_MediumTown2.sqs

Config_SmallTown.sqs

Config_SmallTownTank.sqs

You could try doubling the values. If you are lazy you could instead change line 61 in Common\Init\Init_Location.sqs like so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Call Compile Format["%1Range = _range",_name]

change into:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Call Compile Format["%1Range = _range * 2",_name]

but I would consider that a hack  wink_o.gif

Doomguy out.

thanks fo all ur hard work m8. do u have to run ACE 1.1 ro use this? ive reverted back to ACe 1.0 due to a massive slowdown and lag whilst playing ona  server.

Only supporting ACE 1.0.1 now, sorry...

If you dont mind me having a look and changing those files, i'll take a look later.

Doomguy

I'm continuing to enjoy this warfare variant 1.6ACE and updates. There don't seem to be as much AI air activity anymore. Has this feature been removed?

Hi doomguy

I have been playing ace waco 1.1.5f on my own against the computer and the teams kept doing what i wanted untill the end.

Thank you very much.

This is probebly old news by now because i see you have a 116 version out.

Ill go and try that one right away.

Thanks

Doomguy

I'm continuing to enjoy this warfare variant 1.6ACE and updates.  There don't seem to be as much AI air activity anymore.  Has this feature been removed?

No, not removed, but I made attack helicopters and planes more expensive since they are so powerful, so you'll see them less. Also the funds cap of 20.000 prevents the AI from buying too much at once.

Doomguy

Taa doom...i should read and little better next time..

Doom some comments, I think these may be warfare general rather than WACO specific

Human players upon leaving the game render the AI inoperable. Is is possible to create a human sub-group, therefore allowing 2, 3, 4 to function as usual under AI control?

It appears that the path finding of the AI is not as good as in other missions. This may be due to me spending so much time playing WACO warfare. Anyone else with comments on this please add.

I find that AI manned tanks etc are far superior in engaging the enemy than having a hybrid situation where the human is driver and AI is gunner.

Doomguy,

just curious, have you ever considered a single team version? The original framework for WARFARE obviously needs RACS and someway for an enemy AI commander/team to capture towns as long as slots need to be reserved for human players, but if a group of players always plays the same side and does not need pvp then wouldn't it make sense to change the way the enemy AI is scripted (and by that I mean you wouldn't need to have AI units spawn simply to fight/capture/supply other AI)?

I think it would be good if somebody could make a version that is singleplayer, that has a real front line to it. You could take away some of the supply line AI and use them to create a front line that you really have to fight hard against to move anywhere.

I dont really know how this could be done just an idea. Sometimes warfare can be a bit lacking in action and it would be good to re-assign some of the ai in a single player version to really attack hard the human player units. Or something like that anyway.

Hi guys, thanks for the ideas. I'm not really planning such a change right now. The Warfare games I'm currently playing with ACE are extremely entertaining. Especially because I'm now using fast time by default (24 hours in-game = 1 hour real-time) and you get to fight at night. It's really spectacular.

Doomguy

Quote[/b] ]Hi guys, thanks for the ideas. I'm not really planning such a change right now. The Warfare games I'm currently playing with ACE are extremely entertaining. Especially because I'm now using fast time by default (24 hours in-game = 1 hour real-time) and you get to fight at night. It's really spectacular.

You cant be playing non WACO I hope Doomguy!! WACO don't have fast time!!. If you are having time to have fun. Thanks for your WACO version. For me its still the best WARFARE smile_o.gif

My WACO version has fast time tounge2.gif and yours could have, too. I'm not sure whether I should enable it by default in a released version, however. Unfortunately fast time doesn't go well with clouds in the sky, so clouds have to be disabled. The gain in atmosphere you get from the day/night cycle is still enormous, even without clouds.

What do you think, fast time enabled by default (and hence no clouds)?

Doomguy

It would be nice if there is an option in the lobby to turn on/off using fast time.

Or simply the option when the mission starts (day/night).

I don't think that fast time by default is a good idea.

Is there anyway you can have fast time with a long dawn and dusk, I always want to fight then its more atmospheric. But it goes by to fast in the other fast time versions.