Sign in to follow this  
Doomguy

Warfare Cooperative (WACO) v1.1.1

yeah. I like the idea of Single player - even if it just saves the AI positions and makes player start at a predetermined spot. would be nice to have something that you could come back to after a while. WACO has all the makings of a EPIC battleground, but a single player version would really be awesome. MAYBE later when you have time - the mix of ACE and WACO is addictive.

on another note, would it be possible for the enemy to ambush the other side to interupt supplies. At the moment the fight is for the cities only. be really nice to have the AI tactically aware and try and take position of strategically valuable terrain and use it in defence and assault- like that ridge overlooking paradiso.

fast time would be great as well. and as a configurable server option even better!

ACE needs to fix some Fireball effects. Setting some vehicles on fire in a town causes all the buildings to glow orange-yellow as if they've been irradiated. It looks funny, because the dynamic lighting from the burning vehicle is so bright, all sides of a building light up casting a very fake looking atmospheric effect.

Otherwise I think night fighting would be a cool ambient change in the atmosphere.

The OPFOR however, have no Flares to launch which I think puts them at a bit of a loss. Lord help any OPFOR who respawn away from a base they can Buy Gear From when night time falls.

anybody know of any single player missions that are similar to warfare but that you can save your progress. I love warfare but never have the time to sit through a whole session and would love to just be able to take over an island in my own time. But all the CTI's are multiplayer with no save.

You know with all these extra ideas / requested features, it'd probably be easier to add a voting UI rather than permanently change the mission or release 300 usermade variants.

anybody know of any single player missions that are similar to warfare but that you can save your progress

I don't think anything like that exists, or if it does they're keepin' it a secret. Would be possible using ArmALib I guess, just saving the basics like town ownership, building positions, money, etc., but then again it sounds like way too much effort for one person to implement. The method I use (but requires a dedicated server) is to run on persistent=1, so the battle's still going while you're away. I had a game with a mate a while back; we played for 4-5 hours and forgot all about the server when we left, 2-3 days later we went back and the same game was still running.

edit: fail grammar

Is there anyway you can have fast time with a long dawn and dusk, I always want to fight then its more atmospheric. But it goes by to fast in the other fast time versions.

This is actually not so hard to implement. Do you know the times that define dusk and dawn?

EDIT: Both sides can purchase grenade launcher flares and NV goggles in my current development version. And actually, the nights are not pitch-black, it's still possible to see something without nv goggles...

EDIT2: I won't have the time (or patience) to implement a mission-options GUI, so I'll try to cram in the fast-time option in the lobby menus. Alternatively we could have a separate file that holds the options, like ACE has the ACE_client_side_config.hpp.

Doomguy

What I did to get night missions for WACO was just set the nightTime variable to true in the mission initialization script. I have two versions of WACO...one night, and one day. Of course I don't get the really cool day/night transition cycles you get in fastTime though unless I play for a really long time and then the transitions occur normally and in real-time. I also get to keep the clouds which sometimes makes for spectacular views... pistols.gif

I will also set the clock in the initialization scripts to any time of day when I like the mission to start at a specific time of day.

eem

Hi!

I updated the ACE version to v1.1.6a. Download from FileFront. Here are the changes:

- (ACE) Added all the ACE crew served weapons to the gear menu. Also added the appropriate AI soldiers to the barracks.

- (ACE) Changed rucksack packing in gear menu to use ACE sizes. This prevents unrealistic "over packing." Also, equipment such as binoculars can be packed. If ACE makes rocket launchers packable, they could be packed as well.

- (ACE) Added UMP's and grenade launchers flares to gear menu.

- (ACE) Added SF HMMWV, HMWWV GAU19 and Stryker MSG.

- (ALL) The fast time option is available again in the mission settings menu. Setting fast time means that approximately 24 hours will pass in-game for each hour real-time. Note that clouds will be disabled because fast time would make them move super-fast.

- (ALL) Search lights were added as a buyable defense structure.

- (ALL) A serious race condition was removed that could break mission initialization.

- (ALL) Messages for town capture, and others, appear lower on the screen instead of in the middle.

- (ALL) Slight change to respawn map. You can now revert back to team member respawn after you have clicked a camp or the base. Just click on the map away from any camp or base. The type of team member you will respawn as (e.g., machinegunner) is now also shown.

Have fun!

Doomguy

Thank you Doomguy !!

I really appreciate (and WE as a community really appreciate) all your hard work.

Downloading now. Will run it on my server.

[TAO] Kremator

The WACO v1.1.6a mission runs very good. AI are very good too!!

THANKS!!

I agree with mazza in that it runs very well.

What have you got up your sleeve for the next version ?

[TAO] Kremator

Nothing major as of yet. I'm thinking of changing the respawn system somewhat. Camp respawn doesn't make me happy... maybe I'll remove it completely and only have (an improved) team respawn. Also the conditions you need to satisfy for town capture, or purchase options at camps/depots are complicated at the moment, and not restrictive enough. Not sure about these things, however, I need to play some games to figure it out.

Doomguy

@Doomguy: yesterday I played WACO 1.1.6 for ACE. Localhost, alone, 8 hours straight smile_o.gif

Great job, especially with Gear buying to backpack. I had some issues with Cobra and Apache but its most propably ACE fault not yours smile_o.gif

Anyway, I'm looking forward for your next updates. Keep up this great work!

Sounds good Doomguy.

Thought about adding some of Mandoble's stuff into WACO ? There some really cool stuff that would add lots to your warfare.

[TAO] Kremator

hello doomguy 2 questions if i may 1 1 was converting waco to another map to play on and i was wanting to add in some mg nest and after doing so only certain ones would get used and other gets deleted any way around this? and 2 is it possible to have 2 or more air field factories? Tanks

The mission deletes defense structures such as MG nests at random, at mission init. This is by design: it provides some variety to the mission. You should add some more MG nests to be sure that at least some of them remain (you just won't know which).

You can't have multiple airports with the current WACO scripts. However, I believe a guy named Spamurai has converted WACO to full Sharani already and also added more airports. Perhaps he could tell you.

Doomguy

For some reason when i play and others join i am unable to transfer and reports of money not being earned for kills. huh.gif

Doomguy,

Just wanted to say that your WACO mission type is the absolute best out there! I would like to see new maps for it, anything in the works from your end? Anyway, thanks for WACO!

Hello Doomguy

WACO is clearly the best CTI out there and I've played it for hours. You did a realy good job with it, especially with the incorporation of ACE. But I always prefered forrests over deserts, so I tried to port WACO from SaraLite to the north-east part of the full Sahrani Island. I did nothing special, just moved the towns and camps and all the other stuff to new locations and then renamend them accordingly. So far so good, but when I now start a game, there's a small but very annoying problem: About every 1.5 seconds, the game freezes for about 0.2 seconds. And unfortunatly, I've no idea where to search for the error.

So I hope you could give me a hint where to look. Is there maybe a file wich needs to be altered in addition to the objects in the editor? Here's what I did: Renamed the Depot, Com.Tower, Camps, Arrival- and Towncentermarker to match the new townnames. In the Ini-Fields, I also changed the townnames and fast-travel-locations, so they match. That's it, everything else I left unchanged, just moved the stuff arround on the island.

Please give me some advice on what needs to be done for a working portation of WACO.

regards

HotteHotte

Hello Doomguy

WACO is clearly the best CTI out there and I've played it for hours. You did a realy good job with it, especially with the incorporation of ACE. But I always prefered forrests over deserts, so I tried to port WACO from SaraLite to the north-east part of the full Sahrani Island. I did nothing special, just moved the towns and camps and all the other stuff to new locations and then renamend them accordingly. So far so good, but when I now start a game, there's a small but very annoying problem: About every 1.5 seconds, the game freezes for about 0.2 seconds. And unfortunatly, I've no idea where to search for the error.

So I hope you could give me a hint where to look. Is there maybe a file wich needs to be altered in addition to the objects in the editor? Here's what I did: Renamed the Depot, Com.Tower, Camps, Arrival- and Towncentermarker to match the new townnames. In the Ini-Fields, I also changed the townnames and fast-travel-locations, so they match. That's it, everything else I left unchanged, just moved the stuff arround on the island.

Please give me some advice on what needs to be done for a working portation of WACO.

regards

HotteHotte

I had a problem like this with my old pc. It turned out to be that it could not handle all the info and struggled to keep up.

I am not saying that is your problem but just a thought wink_o.gif

Hi Rick1965

I don't think so. My system handles Arma very well, it's a Core2Duo @3GHZ and 4GB RAM. The original mission runs smoothly on SaraLite. And I didn't add additional things to it, like raising the maximum groups or so. Just moved it to another island. So the performance should remain the same (except for more grass and trees ...).

And by the nature of my problem I would more think of a scripting thing, because it occurs every 1.5 seconds (estimated), repeatingly. Perhaps one of the many things that run in the background got a "hiccup", who knows wink_o.gif

But thanks for your advice

Yeah you are right cos you got a very similar speck to my pc and mine handles ok.

dont know what the problem then, i have ported it to the full map and am having problems but not the same as you lol

btw what graphics card you got!

I have made this on the full island and doubled the amount of towns etc. I am also putting in the hidden money values. Everything is working ok now apart from the extra radio towers that i have added. The problem is that when you destroy them nothing comes on screen and you dont get any extra funds. Please could anybody tell me how to solve this cheers smile_o.gif

That sounds great. Could you send it to me, please?

It seems that your version is at least al lot more playable than mine, except for the ComTower-Bug. But that's something I could live with. And since I don't want to include the southern part of the island, I would delete most of the additional towns anyhow.

And to answer your previous question, I own a Nvidia 8800 GTX.

Great Warfare man I play it all the time. I wonder if next Ver you would have a Fast time option. i like to Fight at night and the Fireworks show would be most amazing im sure. And yes a full island with two working Airports. Other than that The CTI is perfect.