Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Submachinegun Pack

Well, its been a long time coming, and its finally here, and although its only a public BETA, it should give you guys a taste to whet your appetites for things to come for ArmA and beyond.

Please check the readme for all relevent classnames and installation instructions.

I'd just like to thank the following people, because without their help, this pack would not have been possible:

Twinke-Masta: MP5 base model,

Stoke: MP5, P90 base textures,

Thanez: Other P90 textures,

Schmung: MP7A1 base model,

the_tub: MP7A1 textures,

Short_Fuse: P90 base model (parts),

Soul_Slayer: Parts of the P90 model and HK53 lower receiver model,

Mr.D. and Reason: TMP model and textures respectively,

!NC!Furious: Aimpoint texture,

Drill Sergeant: Reflex model.

Obmar: For his reflective glass tutorial.

Dasquade: For huge amounts of modelling help and advise.

As this is a public BETA, I can guarantee you there will be bugs, despite my best efforts to fix them all. I merely ask that you try the pack, report any issues you find, and above all enjoy the work myself and others have poured into it.

Anyway, here is the link:

CLICK ME.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the pack comes with a BETA preview of my Mercenary units, designed as "better" more filled out versions of the BIS QG Mercs. As a result, these Merc units will require Queen's Gambit, The Weapons DO NOT REQUIRE QUEEN'S GAMBIT, only the bonus mercs do.

Oh excellent mate!

Nice to see you get something out for all your hard work!  notworthy.gif

D/Loading now!  xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

Edit:- Btw why isnt Michelle Marsh in yer sig? wink_o.gif

great ! i love Megan Fox ...errr i mean your weapons tounge2.gif , and i will take a look to those mercenaries too thumbs-up.gif

"ahh..ahhh.. Is this Mod dead or something?"  rofl.gif

This goes to show that good things happen to those who wait. (i.e. have patience.)

I'm glad to see all work your work come to light. Congrats! I haven't had time to check them in game yet, but I damn near left the office to try when I noticed "MP7A1 and HK53" in the first post. I'd love to leave now but with US markets down big today, it's time to buy.  thumbs-up.gif

I look forward to 3pm US central time, I'll be blasting fools then. Thanks again.

EDIT:

Oh screw the markets, I'm heading home to try this and FFN. pistols.gif

Weapons are itself great, no flaw so far

The only thing I dont like...are partially those mercs. dont get me wrong, they still look decent and VERY well done but yeah...as you stated, its beta...and betas needs to make it into 1.0 xD

so at most of the mercs, You used the QG models as the base ? or some parts ? well it seems you also copied the wrong pistol proxies that ruins the pistol sights  whistle.gif

I also dont like too much that pistol in his holster, it looks ridiculous when hes holding one pistol, and another in is in his holster .... well, can you make the "empty holster" version ? or I will do it myself ?  xmas_o.gif

well, that was a hella of ranting, hope I didnt piss off anybody ... goodnight.gif

Just a quick update: I've had a few reports of inconsistant behaviour with regard to ballistics and damage dealt to enemies. Its believed this is due to a conflict between the pack and one/all addons that alter ballistics and/or damage of rounds. Also, some sound mods have been reported to remove all firing sounds. So, if you're experiencing sporadic ballistics and/or sound issues, its probably a compatability issue.

Hi, the UMP's don't have magazine pics so that gives an error, and

the FN-P90's (5.7x28mm) share the sound with the UPM's (.45ACP)

thing this that i found... well... you know what i'll say.

I also think that the UV mapping it's too strong, make 'em look weird

even when the models look great and the textures look very good.

sjb_smg_packBeta1.jpg

sjb_smg_packBeta2.jpg

Let's C ya

Have tested and think overall a great pack.

Some faults I have found however:

1) Can't seem to get the HK53's to work. When equipped, they don't fire as they don't register as having mags, even if I've added mags via the init line.

2) MP7's don't appear to eject spent cartridges.

I know this is a beta, so No2 above I can understand. Can you help with No1 though.

With regards the mercs. They are excellent quality, however I see they have the QG handgun proxie problem (all except Sam). Shame as these are quality units that I'd use all the time.

notworthy.gif

HK53s inlove.gif

Great to have this released finally bud. There are almost too many MP5 variants in there; you're spoiling us biggrin_o.gif.

The Mercs are nice extra too. I like the ally, cut-down bush-hat on the Mike character a lot, and the DPM pattern is probably the best I've seen for ArmA.

Sent you a PM regarding the normal beta crap (bugs &  suggestions).

Would it be possible to make a youtube preview please?..

Thanks.

Screenshots of the mercs, please?

I knew I forgot something:

Image One

Image Two

They're the only two shots I have right now. The second shows off some nice DPM textures from Safetycatch, exclusive to the Mercs wink_o.gif

@PSYCHOSIM: Haven't heard a similar report from anyone else, its possibility an incompatability with another addon you have installed. For me (with just ArmA running, no other addons), the HK53s work fine, AND the MP7s eject spent casings. However, if anyone else has this error, we might be able to narrow down which addon the pack is conflicting with, and if possible I'll attempt to fix it.

@Wikawoo: Video recording is out of my reach at present, but if anyone else is capable, and would like to do so, please post a video on YouTube showing off the weapons - probably wont do them justice though.

New on front page at Armed Assault.info with pics of Mercs units inside  biggrin_o.gif

Mirror link :

http://www.armedassault.info/index....=599

Nice ammo pack and good looking units. I have just a problem in handling the P90 ... it looks like I am shooting through my left hand and of course for the P90SD, the silencer goes through the left hand. I understand the short barrel issue ... and think the solution for the short P7 model is great ...

On an other side, for me the HK53 group is the only one featuring cases ejection. I test addons one by one, with only vanilla ArmA and QG ... and sbj_smg addons

Hmmm  on the pics of the HK MP variants on that ArmedAssault.info page, the weapons look...well a bit... un-detailed....very uncharacteristic of Jackal's work.  

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/addons/sbj_sbg2.jpg

Jackal, I know you are a phenomenal weapon creator as you helped my mod out in OFP with excellent weapons.   I have yet to try out the pack (downloading now) but I hope that the bland textures are just temporary and will be updated with more detail.  Compare the merc pics with BI weapons (I'm assuming) with the above pic link to see what I'm talking about.   But maybe that pic was taken and by accident a lower LOD showed up?  

Dunno...I'll see for sure when I test it I guess.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmmm  on the pics of the HK MP variants on that ArmedAssault.info page, the weapons look...well a bit... un-detailed....very uncharacteristic of Jackal's work.  

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/addons/sbj_sbg2.jpg

This is a picture of an UMP45

ump45b.gif

It looks almost the same doesn't it?

smile_o.gif

BTW, Nice guns Jackal..... too bad the skeleton design for the character models is not easily modified for usage with shorter barrel weapons (P90).

Jackal: I've removed all addons to try your weapons and success (partly). Got the HK53's working, but still no spent cartridges from the MP7's.

Going through my large set of addons to find which one is causing the problem.

notworthy.gif