Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

nice, but why not "seademon" mig-29huh.gif Vit's plane not autentic, frame is incorrect. I say it, because MIG-29, is my big love inlove.gif

But thank... notworthy.gif

nice, but why not "seademon" mig-29huh.gif Vit's plane not autentic, frame is incorrect. I say it, because MIG-29, is my big love  inlove.gif

But thank...  notworthy.gif

Lo mate,

The biggest problem I have with opf conversions is obtaining permissions -some of these were made like 3/4/5 years ago and a lot of people have moved on,

If you can find seademon and get permission, I'll promise you I'll have it in game in two weeks.

Southy

(Mig29 is a fav of mine aswell)

@ Eble

Nice conversion - thank you!

Please binarize the model to avoid flooding the rpt.

Also there are some errors you might want to fix in the rpt.

Quote[/b] ]File vit_mig29\config.cpp, line 203: '/CfgModels/vit_mig29a/Animations/ABSwitch.angle0': Missing ';' at the end of line

In regards of permissions. Check placebo's (= BI) stance on it.

It is posted in this forum.

In short if you tried to contact the author with reasonable effort,

get no response for x weeks, you can go on and release the addon

with proper credits etc.

Read it up to see the exact stance from BI.

I wanted to ask the same thing as Marijus. Seademon's OFP Mig-29 was way better. Vit had a great BMP-3 and BMD-3 pack, but his planes were mediocre. Even though Vit's Mig-25 wasn't bad. What kind of Israeli/Egyptian war mod without the Mig-25!!! Also Manfred from Flashpoint.ru is offering his Luna-M (NATO designation Frog) missile launcher from OFP to anyone who wants to convert it to Arma. Same thing here, the Sinai war mod without the Lunas is not complete! Check it out.

Heya Miles,

Any headway with tracking down the tracer bug yet? Oh, I also wanted to ask--in noticing all these new buildings releases and such and seeing as I never played OFP, I was curious if there was any IDF base stuff designed back then in the OFP or was it just vehicles and soldiers? Bit of an odd question I know, I was just looking at some IDF pics and thinking about base design and wondered if anything was made back then that could be ported over? smile_o.gif

I wanted to ask the same thing as Marijus. Seademon's OFP Mig-29 was way better. Vit had a great BMP-3 and BMD-3 pack, but his planes were mediocre. Even though Vit's Mig-25 wasn't bad. What kind of Israeli/Egyptian war mod without the Mig-25!!! Also Manfred from Flashpoint.ru is offering his Luna-M (NATO designation Frog) missile launcher from OFP to anyone who wants to convert it to Arma. Same thing here, the Sinai war mod without the Lunas is not complete! Check it out.

To Bospor: The Mig-25 Vit did was actually pretty crude. Try it out in OFP to check again... it was not a great model by any means. I have a converted version somewhere but I didn't think that it was really worth turning into a Syrian version.

THe Frog missiles might be cool if the whole missile system could be made to work in ArmA with a working targeting system (especially if it could be scripted to work for the AI).

Otherwise they'd mainly just be targets which would be ok as well.

I gotta take off now...I'll finish the reply when I get home...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Vits Mig25 was a pretty poor model when comverted to Arma, even with the texture god EddyD it would not have look good enough.

I have always been a big fan of the Mig25, I know a mig31 was created for Opf and I might look into getting permission to convert that and changing the model to a Mig25 etc.

Southy

Vits Mig25 was a pretty poor model when comverted to Arma, even with the texture god EddyD it would not have look good enough.

I have always been a big fan of the Mig25, I know a mig31 was created for Opf and I might look into getting permission to convert that and changing the model to a Mig25  etc.

Southy

lat time i talked to Godammer he was working n an all new MiG-25 from scratch....

Good on him smile_o.gif

I think that now answers the missing Mig25

Cheers mate

Heya Miles,

Any headway with tracking down the tracer bug yet? Oh, I also wanted to ask--in noticing all these new buildings releases and such and seeing as I never played OFP, I was curious if there was any IDF base stuff designed back then in the OFP or was it just vehicles and soldiers? Bit of an odd question I know, I was just looking at some IDF pics and thinking about base design and wondered if anything was made back then that could be ported over?  smile_o.gif

Nah I still need to find that tracer bug.

As for bases, SFC.ITZHAK was making a base a long time ago, but he never released it. In OFP we had TONS of objects for our maps, but mostly Middle Eastern buildings for cities and no authentic looking IDF bases.

I still need to finish de-binarizing all our objects.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, the Arma missile God name Mandouble can probably figure out how to fire missile artillery. Ask him if it is possible. It would be a shame to let Manfreds Luna-M to go to waiste; very beautiful model!

Well, the Arma missile God name Mandouble can probably figure out how to fire missile artillery. Ask him if it is possible. It would be a shame to let Manfreds Luna-M to go to waiste; very beautiful model!

if mondo does it then it would be dependant on one of his script suites....

try contacting gigan he dod the scud missile.... the scripting from it would be easy to just remove the nuke effects....

Egyptian 130th Amphibious Brigade equipped with Maadi AKM's, M16A2, RPG7, and M240 machine guns.  They are supported by Egyptian T-62's and are wearing the older "Scrambled Egg" uniforms.  

LoBo_Egyptian_Marines1.jpg

Egyptian Naval Commando Sniper Team armed with M16A2 and SVD Sniper Rifle supporting Amphibious Assault forces.

They wear the new Chocolate Chip desert cammo BDU's while Army commandos wear the 3 color desert cammo BDU's, both formerly used by the US Army.

Egyptian_Naval_Commando_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Its going well for this mod wink_o.gif Looks vary good vary nice Miles cant wait till the mod is out keep it up smile_o.gif

I just made a Egyptian M1A1 yesterday and have worked the past few days porting over the UMP, PSG-1, and Port Said (M45 SMG) for the Egyptian forces as well. I also made both a historic and modern tanker (different helmets and uniforms) and a jet fighter pilot. Gradually I'm getting everything together and finalized. Right now I'm working on fixing up our Shermans (only the M50 Isherman is fully working). I also need to fix up our M113's as well although they are almost fully ready and just need textures turned to green (instead of tan).

But yeah slowly but surely its coming along. I was hoping to release independent packs, but everything is inter-related (to save on unecessary duplication of textures and weapons) that it'll likely have to be one big pack that includes the new Egyptian stuff and historic vehicles. Only the Syrians will be seperate. I might try to get the Syrians fully updated first and released sometime next month.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New pics:

LoBo_Egyptian_CommandosM_1.jpg

Port Said (Carl Gustav M45) SMG and a Egyptian Hakim with 4x scope).  Sorry, I felt like getting artsy with photoshop. lol

LoBo_Egyptian_CommandosH_1.jpg

Egyptian M1A1 Abrams on the Avgani map:

LoBo_Egyptian_M1A1_1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ya  independent packs would mix it up but for beta or what not that would be good, the whole pack would be lovely keep up that good work wink_o.gif I know that you was takeing so of the mod for OFP and packing it in ArmA but the texturs for the vehicles would you be reworking?

1in1class: We don't have any dedicated texture artists so most of the vehicles are only getting slight modifications to their textures if any. When we have time, we try to add rvmat textures and stuff like that. However a few of our addons are undergoing a texture overhaul by independent addon makers but I'm still waiting on them. (The addons include the Merkava Mk4 and the Kfir C7 fighter bomber).

laborj456: No new humvees, however there will be some new Israeli armor and aircraft such as the A4, Kfir C7, Super Frelon helicopter (all as part of our historic stuff) as well as the Merkava Mk2, Magach 7C, M113 series (including Zeldas), and our Sherman tank pack and M3 halftrack. Oh we also have a ship pack but we're trying to nail down one particular bug that causes the ships to go flying when they get hit by a missile.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New pics from our historic pack

Below is our 1980's era IDf soldier equipped with Galil AR, ARM, and SAR rifles as well as the B-300 Super Bazooka (although that one isn't shown in the pic).  The soldiers are wearing old PASGT style flack vests:

LoBo_HistoricIDF80_1.jpg

Below is our new 1960's IDF paratroopers wearing the old French lizard skin uniforms used during that time period. The helmets are a mixture of M1 steel pots (with paratrooper chin straps) and Israeli made copies of British paratrooper helmets.

Weapons in this picture include: IMI FN-FAL, IMI Uzi SMG, Panzershrek anti-tank rocket, FN-MAG MG, and a Mauser K98 sniper rifle.

LoBo_HistoricIDFparas_1.jpg

Oh finally, I just wanted to test out this new video player that BIS has working now on the forums.  I will soon make a video of our historic units once I get our Egyptian T-34 tanks all fixed up. I got all our Sherman's working beautifully and so I just need to fix up our T-62 (donated to use by the BF2 IDF mod) and our T-34's which just have a few minor bugs.

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=WSHefXhMItQ&linkID1=http://www.youtube.com/&youtubeID2=sTZVNelwXng&linkID2=http://www.youtube.com/&youtubeID3=gwq5F5UbCk4&linkID3=http://www.youtube.com&youtubeID4=hsXTUWl5Ut4&linkID4=http://www.youtube.com/&><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=WSHefXhMItQ&linkID1=http://www.youtube.com/&youtubeID2=sTZVNelwXng&linkID2=http://www.youtube.com/&youtubeID3=gwq5F5UbCk4&linkID3=http://www.youtube.com&youtubeID4=hsXTUWl5Ut4&linkID4=http://www.youtube.com/& WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sadly, no.  I am just using the Avgani map to simulate Lebanon, Israel, and the Sinai in screenshots and I'm making a couple of missions on that map for the historic pack.  

I'm still looking for a map maker who can convert our Lebanon and Sinai maps.  The Sinai map would probably be the easiest to convert.   The Avgani buildings and objects would be perfect to update that map with since its maker has allowed other map makers to use his objects from the Avgani map.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>