Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

The Lost Brothers -Isaac and Ishmael Mod

was this weapon missing for historical IDF units ?

well... than it is not missing anymore biggrin_o.gif

It's a FAL with Israeli-style handguards but it's not a very

accurate model of an Israeli FAL. I have sent you a PM with

detailed information on Israeli FALs, in case you are

interested in improving its authenticity..

Mig-23's and Mig-29's...sweet.  Any Mig-27's?  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Yup, Namman is working on updating the Mig-27's. It keeps Footmunch's original bomb view script as well which is quite cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome!  Thanks Vilas.  Oh...Vilas, could you stick a support version with a slightly thicker barrel and a bipod in the pack as well?  Should just take a few minutes to do that.

Your IMI FAL looks beautiful! It really looks SPOT ON!!! I still need to test what you sent me but have just been at school all day long and get home and barely have time to eat, post a bit and then go to sleep waking up early the next morning.  But as soon as I get a chance to I will test out the packs you sent me.  I'm just worried about them conflicting with the old weapons pack as I still am using those for the Russian weapons and US weapons that we use on the IDF.  

But I can test the IDF weapons in a seperate addons folder and just manually place them onto units in the mission editor for testing purposes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the uzi with wooden stock was used in the six day war in 1967 and in yom kippur war in 1973 they used the weapon beside the israeli fal and all thier uzis had a wooden stock at that time vilas....

The Type-4 (collapsible steel) UZI stock was officially

introduced in early 1967. It quickly became widespread.

There are many photos of it in use during (and immediately

before) the "six-day war" of June 1967. Guns with the earlier

wooden stocks did remain in service, but were steadily

phased out.

Yeah, I rarely see pictures of the wooden-stock Uzis in the pictures from the 1968 and 73 Wars.  I know they existed and sure it wouldn't hurt having some as they do look kinda cool.  It's really amazing I think how the little Uzi really held its own against AK-47 equipped opponents in short range combat. Makes me wonder if the IDF developed some tactics at using the Uzi in engagements beyond 100 meters (and whether the Uzi was effective past 100 meters).

I wish the IDF still used the standard Uzi, but I guess the mini and micro-uzis are just about as effective but in a much smaller package.  Still I imagine the longer barrel of the standard Uzi gave it a bit more velocity, accuracy, stability, and range.

I have an actual IMI mini-uzi here at home that was converted to an airsoft gun (my brother left it with me).  I must say that the weight, balance, and overall comfort of the weapon is quite nice.  I really want to get a real one now as I really like the sights on it and the layout of safeties, magazine release, and other features.  It feels llike it would be a very accurate weapon to fire in CQB and much more comfortable then the HK MP5 I've shot.  It also has a nice little muzzle brake that's not easily seen in photographs that is designed to keep muzzle rise down.  Overall a beautifully designed weapon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The maximum effective range for 9 milli SMGs is usually given

as 200m, but 100m is more realistic and 25 metres or much

closer is probably the optimum. These things were basically

meant for shooting someone across a trench or on the other

side of a room. The Israelis had problems fitting their UZI +

FAL arsenal to their then preferred "weight of fire" doctrine.

The UZIs were hopeless at anything much more than about

100 yards and the FALs were unsuitable for putting down

large amounts of deliberate fire in the 0 to 100 metres range.

These considerations were contributory to hastening the

development of the Galil.

Yeah, that's what I figured about the Uzi. Still it's quite amazing that the Israelis used the little Uzi so effectively in a wide variety of combat against opponents armed with superior infantry weaponry. I guess that is more a testament to the fighting skills and agressiveness of the Israeli soldiers. Still from I understand, the Uzi is an extremely reliable weapon on par with the Ak47 in that regard.

I guess now with more and more Arab forces using body armor, the Uzi is now more of a backup weapon or for hostage rescue missions in which the mini or micro uzi provides the ultimate in compact firepower if the terrorists are not protected by body armor.

It would be interesting if they developed a more powerful caliber Uzi using subsonic rounds similar to the Russian AS VAL 9mm rounds capable of penetrating soft body armor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I guess now with more and more Arab forces using body armor, the Uzi is now more of a backup weapon...

Hasn't the UZI been officially retired by the IDF now?

The standard Uzi, yes, has been totally withdrawn from service. However the Mini and Micro Uzis are still used quite a bit by a wide variety of IDF commando (sayeret) teams including S-13, Sayeret MATKAL, and others. One of my mod team members has membership to the Isayeret.com website where they have tons of recent pictures of these units using the micro and mini uzis. It basically the only SMG that the IDF use aside from the Colt 9mm variant. However with that said it is in very limited use due to the short range and low penetration power of the 9mm power. However for hostage rescue that is ideal if you don't want over-penetration of the target assuming the target/s are not wearing body armor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the last jet in the IAF (unless someone give us a mirage and kfir c2 models) the F-4

f4.jpg

hope fully a new air pack will be released soon

project racs gots mirages maybe ya guys ask em nicely or trade with them addons since there kinda dependent of commuinty addons. biggrin_o.gif

some pictures on the next airpack

A4:

n1.jpg

imporved F-15Is

n2.jpg

F-4

n5.jpg

MiG-27 and MiG-23

n3.jpg

MiG29 and Tu-22

n4.jpg

and hopefully a Su-24

Are you guys doing Iran air force too?

those A4 remind me of the film "the summun of all fears" i saw yesterday , they only need a nuclear bomb and voilá . If some Iranian planes would be done, surely they would be perfect for the next scenario in the mideast when Israel will atack Iranian nuclear facilities, it's just a matter of time.

Yes we are doing Iranian forces, however priority is with the Syrians (modern and historic) at the moment and our historic IDF pack as well.  We are also developing our Egyptian modern and historic infantry pack to go with the historic Egyptian and Syrian armor we have in-game (but with some bugs) at the moment.   The modern Syrian pack update is top priority and is next in-line for release.  As you can see from the pics above by Namman2, they are just about complete and only need a few minor fixes.  

Below is a picture of some of our newest IDF historic units wearing Winter jackets and using the latest IMI FAL made for us by Vilas.  You can't see it but the jackets they are wearing also have a hood on it.

LoBo_HistoricIDF_MATKAL1.jpg

Here's another shot of these units from another angle:

LoBo_HistoricIDF_MATKAL2.jpg

Other pics of Sayeret Matkal (1970's) in action:

LoBo_HistoricIDF_MATKAL3.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

looks like he needs less starch in his uniform!

GREAT as always Miles.

Cannot wait to see those Tu22 bombers raising hell over the maps...

no all you need is someone to convert the Nuclear Facility from OFP to put Delilahs and Popeyes into!

Thanks!

Yeah our old Iran/Iraq map that we made for OFP was sadly never used by any mission maker aside from myself. It was an incredible map with a vast range of terrain and beautiful cities. It would kick ass to see it converted into ArmA....or even better having the Lebanon map converted in ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Is there anything that makes these figures specifically

Sayeret Matkal, or are they similarly dressed and

equipped as "ordinary" line infantry?

Are you going to make some kitted out as for operations

like ISOTOPE (storming a Boeing 707 at Tel-Aviv) and

THUNDERBOLT (Entebbe)?

Yeah, the Sayeret MATKAL guys all have sidearms and goggles (based on pics I found of them in action in 1973). Also their M1 helmets have paratrooper chinstraps rather then standard chin straps. Other then that however they have standard IDF uniforms. I'm still trying to verify whether or not they wear the paratroopers boots since they are airborne qualified. So I might have to change their boots.

Also there will be MATKAL units with silencers on them.

For Operation Isotope it would be easy to make some MATKAL units with the white mechanics overalls, however that would be fairly useless as we have no civilian airplane models that you can enter and position AI terrorists inside.

For Entebbe as far as I know they didn't wear any different uniforms however I'm not for certain about that.

If they did and you have any good pics let me know.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well it doesn't have to literally be an airliner. I was just

thinking of a representation of them in their CT role.

At Entebbe didn't they wear items of Ugandan uniform and

carry Kalashnikovs? For sure, one of the Ugandan sentries

was fired at with an unsuppressed AK which caused the

assault team to go in ahead of the plan. IIRC one of the

freed hostages later said something like "although they

were dressed as Ugandans I knew it was the Israelis".

But, yes, I suppose it wouldn't be worthwhile trying to do

that. It is probably the most famous action that unit ever

fought, though - at least to Westerners.

Well the fact that they weren't black probably tipped them off that they weren't Ugandans.  lol!   The mass exodus of Ethipian Jews didn't occur until much later.  

From what I understand only the lead team was dressed as Ugandans, however I could be wrong.  Whatever the case, there are so few pictures of the event (with most documentaries showing them in standard IDF gear) that it probably doesn't matter too much especially since it would probably next to impossible to find a high quality Ugandan camo texture pattern from that era.  lol!

I kinda like the white overalls though used in the Isotope operation.  hehehe.  I'm sure I could use such units for a "Airport hostage rescue" fictional mission.  

Mainly we decided to do MATKAL for the 60's, 70's, and maybe 80's era as they have been one of the dominant Sayeret units in IDF history.  But with the 80's era we might do another unit.  We're not quite sure.  We can't show all the different SF IDF units because the pack would be well over 2 gigs if we did that.  So we're trying to keep stuff narrowed down.  I know that the Golani brigade has always been a key player so they are a standard.  I just need to do a bit more historical research to see who the main players were in the SF units for the 1968, 1973, and 1982 conflicts.

At any rate, here is our Golani 1970's units.  Note that they aren't much different then other IDF units as IDF uniforms were standaridzed in 1968.  Only a few small differences differentiate them from the paratroopers and Sayeret MATKAL.

LoBo_HistoricIDF_Golani1.jpg

Below is an old pic of our Syrian SF units for those who haven't tried the Syrian pack.  We'll mainly be adding new aircraft and a new T-72 with ERA.  If we're lucky we'll add a T-62 or T-55 but they need alot of work.  

LoBo_SyrianCommando3.jpg

*** Note the nose on the guy on the right.   I did a hell of alot of model experimenting to get that nose just right.  I'm quite proud of that beautiful semetic nose.  

It is a nose that any Jew or Arab can be proud of.

smile_o.gif  

My AK74SU: MyAK74SU.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>