Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

Awsome for the most part... but Chernarus seem "smaller" on the map than what the screens had me thinking...

Looking at the size of the Airport it looks like it's about the size of North Sahrani... or the airstrip is just huge...

I think I'm getting spoiled by so much quality and that the level of detail will compensate, but it came as a surprise...

Keep up the good work BIS !

EDIT : I'm confused actually... On the PDF it seems that the map shown corresponds to the small red square on the other Chernarus Map (ie "only" South Zagoria...). So my question is as follow : is it just South Zagoria or Full Chernarus that we're seeing in detail ? And if this is just South Zagoria, are we going to have the whole country up to said Novigrad capital ?

If the later is true, then the territory becomes gigantic...

EDIT2 : looking at the scale of the full Chernarus, I think we'll only play in south Zagoria, because full Chernarus seem to be around 120km*80km=9600km2

Hmm yes.... but further Lanscapes/Areas could be content for one or two further expension-packs wink_o.gifwink_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

It loooks like there's also a small island surrounded in red. I wonder if it's a remake of Rahmadi as seen in a few of the older videos.

oh man i wished those PDFs would not end  wow_o.gif

lets hope for some video in the coming days

as always keep up the good work BIS  thumbs-up.gif

Having spent a couple of hours to carefully read every .pdf file included within the famous 'press-kit' and I must admit that the presented Images/information sound very promising.so far.

Keep it up Bohemians, eagerly looking forward to your 3rd sequel.

Regards,

TB

Okay i looked around in google don´t know if this has been stated before but the real Cheranus is located at Decin, Nestemice in Czechia the Elbe river marks the Coast.

Amazing, but after seeing all the data , one thing bugs me, can I play as a normal grunt (Im a die hard fan of Armstrong biggrin_o.gif)?

im tired of SF, and ArmA2 seems to all around "Team Razor".

are there any rivers? If there are I hope they are real rivers and not just elevations with sea water animation lol.

I hope there are no sharp edges in the ground or on mountains like in arma1

Hey Matra there is always the mission editor and user created missions and Multiplayer smile_o.gif

Btw i think its a good point that they made characters and stuff, the game will be more appealing when you have some characters to put names on. Hehe who knows maybe Oac or other ofp to arma mods will convert stuff in one way or other to Arma 2. biggrin_o.gif

I did an GoogleEarth Imageoverlay and calculated the landmass.

The Ingame Landmass would be around 140-150 km2 the whole map as stated in the Press Coverage around 225km2.

great pics!,

hopefully those civies know where they going! icon_rolleyes.gif. Someone mentioned earlier and i second that, not just speachless zombi llike walk...stop...run motions.

Awesome stuff. The industrial theme will be well suited. Rather good promotion this time round.

Was hoping to hear more about new functionality, more than engine and graphics upgrades which I already know is going to be good. Any mention of the destruction system?

Here's a summary image of the PDF contents, which may be used to help promote it on other forums:

th_Arma2_GC2008_PDF_Summary.jpg

Full Size Thumbnail Image

@Praelium: It's intended as a thumbnail, ya dodo.

The image is too small, even when I click the link and enlage it.  crazy_o.gif

By the way, mr.g-c, thanks for resizing the photos. Have you thought about compiling them into a video and sticking it on Youtube? Someone did it twice with the old screenshots but I think it's time for an update.

I'd do it, but my friends think I'm too obsessed with Arma as it is.  nener.gif

notworthy.gif So much, I hope it's going to come on a regular basis biggrin_o.gif thx all for the posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sdVZqVKMBg I guess the staff watch IT crowd (those of you that read the Teamplay gameplay PDF will get this one)

Well what can be said so far..I'm...quite impressed, the darker atmosphere no doubt gives us all the OFP feeling over Arma's bright island tropical resort, the vehicles are beautiful, especially that humvee I love how the vehicles are gritty and dirty.

But more importantly I am glad that they are ACCURATE...Looking at ArmaI's humvee for example and Arma II given all features of lighting, accuracy, texturing and model enhancements you'd think it were something entirerly different, if HMMWV is still around I'm sure he's glad to see the right tires and the vent on the back gone.

The glare off the window is a bit of icing, I'v been waiting to see a game that had this and I'm very glad to see it here on something that you can do far more with aircraft then any other game outside of dedicated simulators. (Just don't go too crazy with it on glass and metal..we don't want something that will make our eyeballs want to burst out of our head)

Enviroment..well hey what can we say, the enviroments have always been great and only get better and better, brings me back to the first days of Arma where alot of people wanted the grass to be removed entirerly, then the patch came to lower it and now its even lower and adds amazing ambience.

And the sky from what I can see still looks great, I just hope those clouds are dynamic...aanyway I'm going to shut up now and read the other PDF's.

On another note they really really did improve the fog, we saw in previous videos of it filling a forest but from this image ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/www.armedassault.com/ArmA2/uh1b.png landscapes in distances will look much more realistic in that high formations will be more visible.

So we know the graphics look great, I hope gameplay will be just as good wink_o.gif

Amazing, but after seeing all the data , one thing bugs me, can I play as a normal grunt (Im a die hard fan of Armstrong biggrin_o.gif)?

im tired of SF, and ArmA2 seems to all around "Team Razor".

Yep same for me. It's better to be a normal grunt than some special sf razor team that eliminates everything bla bla stuff. You don't get that ofp feeling with that. You need to be a normal grunt in a warzone just trying to survive.

I like the presskit, nice intel as we have no reports from any magazine so far from this year's GC (or i simply missed them)!

Once again, a large proportion of the map looks to be steep sided hills or mountains. Why? It renders a large portion of the map to be purely background or something to fly past on the way to a more AI friendly area.

At Armaholic.com we have made a webversion of the GC Press kit, you can read/view it in our Articles section (warning... big pictures).

Thanks go out to Armabase.de for being at the GC in Leipzig and sharing all info with the community.

Ok, thanks to all, updated first page. thumbs-up.gif

looking forward to more stuff. Maybe we will see the first ingame scenes?

first ingame screens? Most of those are ingame screenshots... unless you mean videos?