Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

Nice site...the search function works wink_o.gif

Now a new forum with skins plz?...I hate white and grey biggrin_o.gif

*Tap tap tap*

Quote[/b] ]Next person to suggest we update/fix/change the forums will die a horrible, long, painful death!

Sign, Placebo's signature

tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

It is good that I don`t read everything...so punish me plzz rofl.gif

Can you link where that was?

*Tap tap tap*

Quote[/b] ]Next person to suggest we update/fix/change the forums will die a horrible, long, painful death!

Sign, Placebo

tounge2.gif  wink_o.gif

Yeah, it was dull without him around for a good portion of Arma.

By the way did anyone else noticed the possible flight "crew" around the midsection of the fourth video?  It's hard to make out really but by the shape of their helmet, goggles and location as well as a few other seen accesories they looked like flight crew.

Quote[/b] ]They'll use cover and artillery, adapting to your actions and the changing environment."

So I keep wondering how this is implemented. Will they use illumination (much brighter than a single flare) and smoke? Does target distance to friendly units influence this desciscion? Will they prefer dpicm over he if there are mostly soft units, and he on harder targets? Or will it be he only (which I fear)? Will they even use "excotic" munitions at all (such as artillery delivered minefields, dpicm, copperheads [hard I guess])? Will it be scripted artillery or actual firing of the cannons?

They say it will be used automatically. Does this mean that "grouplink" and similar is built into the missions as scripts, or do they now do this automatically without any scripting needs?

Grrrrr wink_o.gif

I've seen a few people complaining about downloading/playing the new videos so I converted them to wmv (100mb each less with same quality) and uploaded them, hopefully people can get them and play them:

Mirror 1:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

Mirror 2:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

I'm also uploading to a couple more mirrors and will add them as soon as I can smile_o.gif

Very nice Site launched I think.

The sentence shown two posts above made me dreaming too.

It would be really great to add some Arty to a group, far out of Position... you could get them a "knowsabout"-kick about the enemy troups and BAMMBAMM, the shells are flying a pretty ballistic curve.

Don´t slap me... just dreming very well^^.

I hope this will not end in an allknowing godlike AI...

Grrrrr wink_o.gif

I've seen a few people complaining about downloading/playing the new videos so I converted them to wmv (100mb each less with same quality) and uploaded them, hopefully people can get them and play them:

Mirror 1:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

Mirror 2:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

I'm also uploading to a couple more mirrors and will add them as soon as I can smile_o.gif

I know the exact reason you don't want to upgrade the forums!

You don't want to loose your Uber awesome 15K Postcount! Silly! biggrin_o.gif

I'd willingly sacrifice that in a nano second if it meant we had the new forums with useful functionality wink_o.gif

I hope that doesn't mean just spawning shells around known contacts in a mission, it would be nice to create missions where you have to silence actual artillery, firing at actual targets far out of range. This could just be marketing hyperbole that means "In mission three of the campaign, we added scripts that simulate artillery fire for more intense atmosphere."

No matter how they do it, I hope the sounds and effects convey a sense of power to it.

Mirror 1:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

Mirror 2:

ArmA-GC-1.wmv

ArmA-GC-2.wmv

Here's two more mirrors of the first two ArmAbase.de videos converted to WMV, to get on these sites with 200mb limits I split into 6 parts:

Mirror 1:

ArmA_GC_1.part1.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part2.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part3.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part4.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part5.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part6.rar

Mirror 2:

ArmA_GC_1.part1.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part2.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part3.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part4.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part5.rar

ArmA_GC_1.part6.rar

No problem, Parts 3 and 4 have been converted to wmv and are being rarred now ready for upload smile_o.gif

Cool, rapidshare, thanks Placebo.  yay.gif

Will you be putting other two videos on rapidshare too?

Well, i guess i'll find out soon enough. smile_o.gif

Yes I will, split archive on rapidshare/filecoast, full wmv on depositfiles

I think I saw the AI with separate sub-formations for sub-teams on that third new video?  Great news if so - and great work!

The civilians and animals looked great - in that first teaser screenshot of the girl's posterior that we saw I thought that the 'realism' claim was unjustified because the soldier really wasn't looking where he should be if it was real...  Nice to see on the video that the first person camera has no such trouble...  hehehe   Maybe it might be possible to add a random AI behaviour for soldiers to get distracted... as human players might be at a disadvantage if not...!

One question: were those civilians scripted to do that run-away, or were they reacting automatically?

The Hind detail looked awesome, I really hope that the devs find time to add countermeasure support from the engine itself - this would enable addons to standardise on MP-optimised flares at least, plus AI could use them when appropriate too... IMO flares should really be included in the base game.

The shaders and model lighting changes look very good indeed, and the 'more sparse' grass for gameplay makes damn good sense.

For me it sounded like the civilians run away from combat by default, not as part of a missions script.

Yes I will, split archive on rapidshare/filecoast, full wmv on depositfiles

Great, 'cause i was beggining to think that FileFront hates me tounge2.gif, can't download anything from there...

Still pretty hard to make out the questions. Seriously, why so much screaming in the backround? band.gif

Game conventions are like that I'm afraid, though that was a bit more quiet then the usual.

I wonder if there is any chance we might see a female soldier class now that they exist in civilian...

I wonder if the skeleton is a bit different or if there might be some possible future animation tool released to help us with animations...*dreams of the possibilities of 3D vehicle interiors and reloading*....(unless there is one I'm not aware of)

finally made time to watch 3 and 4.

I am so happy that you can now check your altitude in the hmmvv wink_o.gif

I always wanted that tounge2.gif

There's certainly a lot more to Arma2 than I expected; looks really good now. I hope some of the improvements I can think of are added but it's worth a buy now in my opinion.