Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

Quote[/b] ]New video at http://www.armabase.de

Nice one.

I'm a bit worried about the civvies doing the whole AI spin thing when he's interrupting the formation and trying to talk to them. It's very reminiscent of the AI spin on the spot and then shoot you present in ArmA 1

Uh, pretty girls walking down the street like nothings happening.

It would be nice to see some old people too, but seeing old people running away very fast might look... strange.

There are some old people on pics of ArmA 2, don`t worry they will be there.

It would be nice to see some old people too, but seeing old people running away very fast might look... strange.

There are older pepole....we soo released pictures.

And in RL they run for their lives... why would that look strange in game!?

There are older pepole....we soo released pictures.

And in RL they run for their lives... why would that look strange in game!?

Because as you get old - even though the mind is willing - you cant run like you used to when you were 18. even if you are scared out of your mind.

I think age specific animations are not going to be happening however. Although it would be nice to see the 'formation' movement of civvies and spinning on the spot tweaked a bit.

Looks nice, though the civ movement should be improved a bit and muzzle flash too (and recoil maybe). But I like those enterable buildings. Hope theres much more of em. smile_o.gif

so now, finally updated the theard.

Not sure what he's using to fly the F-35 but it looks terribly sensetive just like ArmA is, OFP has better joystick input then ArmA sad_o.gif

He was, aircraft roll response time is quite different between keyboard, mouse and stick. Needless to say, online its easy to tell whose using a stick and whose not wink_o.gif

He was, aircraft roll response time is quite different between keyboard, mouse and stick.  Needless to say, online its easy to tell whose using a stick and whose not wink_o.gif

Either way joystick still works far better in OFP, just take the horrible throttle control on planes in ArmA for example.

BTW noticed the afterburner was on the whole time when the F-35 flew which is another thing that should have been fixed in ArmA, with proper throttle control the afterburner should auto come on using around 96% throttle, currently we have to use crappy menu's to enable/disable AB for addon planes etc

Yes. That Afterburnerproblem solved would be great.

Don´t want to wait till the damn ActionMenu is opening.. overscrolled the correct point in that... and oh, I disembarked by clicking the wrong Action *frustrating*

My Vote for the upper-95% => AfterBurner

Yep my vote too. Make the afterburner go on automatically at 95%-ish. Please BIS. smile_o.gif

Is a 360 version still in the works? (if yes, will it be released together with pc or will it be (much) later?)

golem.de article states ArmA2 is pc only!?

While arma2.com says TBD

Is a 360 version still in the works? (if yes, will it be released together with pc or will it be (much) later?)

golem.de article states ArmA2 is pc only!?

While arma2.com says TBD

No, no, they got it wrong. On the official ArmA2 site, as well as BI's website, it says that ArmA2 will be released on "PC and Next Gen Console (TBD)".

Another clue is the recent movies made from GC08. On all of the in-game screen you'll see Xbox360 buttons.  Take this vid,

. Watch the buttom-left of the screen at around 1:19 when the menu is up. You'll see a red circle with the letter B.

Looks familiar? wink_o.gif

I think that vid hasn't been posted yet. Some Hind footage again, you can clearly see the new tracers and injury/cure animation.

http://www.sector.sk/player/extended/player2.asp?id=6865&zoom=2

hmm, im not sure, put the ending is new to me....more of healing shown..

Its more dramatic, put way too looping, if you know what I mean.

(same animation f**in everywhere)

PS. I find it funny how the wounded is feeling pain on the ground but when dragged or carried he's calm as puppy, while looking around, and when you put him on the ground again, he feels enormous pain and shock.

huh.gif  rofl.gif

distrurbing indeed.