Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

New BIS up-armored humvees still look way to fragile, not to mention that gunners are almost totally exposed.

So what? I wouldn't expect to have much protection in that kind of a vehicle.

The light vehicles are not good for protection anyways, you'll be shot to pieces in them.

This is a good question: of all the possible Humvee variants that are in use by the real armies or which you can imagine, which is the one BIS should have modelled?

This is a good question: of all the possible Humvee variants that are in use by the real armies or which you can imagine, which is the one BIS should have modelled?

To be sincere I don´t care which version, and that´s not the point. But If they say: Ok. Let´s do a M1114, well, then what we can expect is a trully M1114 and not that extrange hybrid.

To be sincere I don´t care which version, and that´s not the point. But If they say: Ok. Let´s do a M1114, well, then what we can expect is a trully M1114 and not that extrange hybrid.

Judging by your name and signature, you could make a replacement mod biggrin_o.gif

It looks okay, but nothing great, imo. It's the same engine rehashed yet again, with the same (very limited) particle engine.

I'm more interested in the gameplay features. Should be interesting to see.

you must download the vid. The vid itself is a steaming vid wich is captured by chris662. wink_o.gif

I managed to watch the first eight or so minutes, but I've really got to go. I'll watch the rest later. smile_o.gif

Actually, the real reason I'm posting is to ask whether any type of translation is/will be availible.

I managed to watch the first eight or so minutes, but I've really got to go. I'll watch the rest later.  smile_o.gif

Actually, the real reason I'm posting is to ask whether any type of translation is/will be availible.

+1

I know most of it is probably known information but I would still appreciate any translation

I also must view it first, if there are some new infos in it I will let you know. smile_o.gif

Nothing really new, the one time when rasta admitted that the KI was probably stuck behind a fence made me laugh good but other than that you can just watch it and you´re missing no facts biggrin_o.gif

Can someone tell me what the BIS guy says at 17min 30sec ?

the game is released 2008 ? I know he is saying 2008 but what else ? thx, my heart skipped a BEAT ! looks ace !

Presents to the B.I.S. Christmas tree

wink_o.gif (re OFP1)

Things that i've noticed:

It appears as though there are two types of Hinds. 1 w/ what I think are saggers and another with yellow tubes.

Abrams appears to have 4 crew members now.

I think the Venom also has 4 crew members.

Boar had a cool dying animation.

AI looks a bit better although still a bit confused sometimes.

He seems to be talking about mountain bikes a lot but I don't know German so not sure.

I think the 'leader' reticule has been changed to a new icon.

Atmosphere seems amazing.

It looks like some armored vehicles might have interiors but I can't tell.

Looks good. Thanks Raptor! I hope there's more potential for modders. Is it me or are you now able to interrupt the binocular animation? Looked like it. Good news for those annoyed about the animations, it could mean many fixes smile_o.gif

He seems to be talking about mountain bikes a lot but I don't know German so not sure.

That was good too lol

He said the Mountainbike inst fully implemented yet (hence missing animations, and obviously a bigass tracked vehicle smoketrail tounge2.gif ).

He also said that mission designers have some downhill missions in the pipe already.

HUD is little ugly  crazy_o.gif (firstly by heli)

Yes, I must agree with Jakerod, AI is still a bit confused huh.gif

HUD is little ugly  crazy_o.gif (firstly by heli)

Yes, I must agree with Jakerod, AI is still a bit confused  huh.gif

HUD is mostly same as ArmA and ArmA's HUD was same as OFP only different color en few minor things ?

Sofar some Facts.

Ofcause my english isn't the best but I hope you get it abit.

---------------------------------

BIS employee admit several times that stuff is not finished, isn't working and so on. ( still wip )

---------------------------------

In the first minutes ( beside the screen presentation) he said the same as we can read in the pdfs. ( island, vehicels, story and so on)

They are 6 parties involved.

4:45: original landscape in CZ.

towns are smaller, but more real. That's because the townstructure is more close.(buildings, streets aso.)

5:56: he goes on with the realistic weapons and VBS. ( military proven)

6:50: introduced the mountainbike.

The mountainbike is wiggleling like in real

the mapesigner placed some downhilltracks.

7:25: animals in ArmA.

Missiondesigner have possibilities to place animals in the map. (comment: I understand that the animals aren't present and loosing on the map, so the missiondesigner must place them seperate for their missions, I think its the same with the civilisation )

8:44: introducing the KI scene.

4vs4

(comments: you see the new, improved, clever KI -.- )

he said that he can start the same scenario three times and the ending will be different.

11:10: introduced the possibility to destroy everything, but not the ground. They tried to integrate the newest vehicles ( seeing on the Abrams)

12:20: MP. They are several Mp Types and ofcause the warfare mod.

12:58: scripting enginewith more than 1200 scripting commands.

13:20: Warfare for 32 players. but sofar the playerlimit is server limited ( eg. USMC palyed in Lan 120 players)

They worked on the Netcode to improve it more.

last sequences:

(Comment: You see the KI have problems are bit confused.

The smoke effects are the old ones)

First the heli, which isn't coming (but at the end) but he fire some flares.

The Release in germany is Q4 2008, maybe abit later.

They will release a Demo.

-----

So mostly its an abit improved ArmA1.

yes, it is only little things, but new soldir's HUD (display leader or next waypoint) looks nice

Chernarus have atmosphere suggestive Nogova island, It will by nice for guerrilla warfare

HUD is little ugly crazy_o.gif (firstly by heli)

Yes, I must agree with Jakerod, AI is still a bit confused huh.gif

HUD is mostly same as ArmA and ArmA's HUD was same as OFP only different color en few minor things ?

The huge HALO like waypoint marker and that snowflake star on the teamleader didnt catch your attention?

I´m soo glad to know that those can be turned off!

and @ 17mins 30sec he says

-----> <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>RELEASE is 4th Quarter 2008</span> <----

FedX presents to B.I.S.

c/o the community.