Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Found a bug on the CTU units, seem to have dodgy face textures. Also by using the QG spy model as a base, you've inherited the pistol aim proxie that doesn't line up the sights correctly.

:eek:

Found a bug on the CTU units, seem to have dodgy face textures. Also by using the QG spy model as a base, you've inherited the pistol aim proxie that doesn't line up the sights correctly.

:eek:

I will take a look at that. had some issue sbinarizing that one....

New armor pack with the m109 in it released on the website.

also updated car pack with a with a bunch of improvements by TSCplage as well as some new marine specific versions to go with the marines.

Untitled-1copy-8.jpg

racs_lav_01.jpg

racs_lav_02.jpg

racs_lav_03.jpg

Edited by wld427

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

4094251.gif

7538509.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

I note that the Cadillac-Gage armoured cars pack is substantially improved, which is great because I feel that the RACS really needed armoured cars. Well done there.

Fewer model issues and oddities with the tanks too, which is nice, however, did your beta testing fail to pick up on the CTD that occurs with the M109A3 when the driver attempts to turn out, or is this a known bug?

Amended as of 15h26NLT:

- All armoured car weapon sights are offset to the right by approx 3 degrees. This is significant because while the player can easily adjust fire, the AI cannot and use the centre of the sight to judge range and point of impact; resulting in all rounds landing to the target's side or overshooting significantly. This in effect means that any armoured car encountering the enemy is very rapidly destroyed; they cannot return effective fire and any kills they make are simply accidental - enemies walking into the line of fire, rather than being engaged deliberately.

- This problem is not in evidence on the Leopard 1A4, A5, 2A4, and M-60 series.

- As mentioned above, M109A3 driver turn-out CTD bug.

Edited by AKM

Hi, in all the LAVs, the gunner of the turret's MG is out but the hatch is closed, so it looks

a bit weird; i did a small test on Afgani v1.0 and when i order the AI to go to a certain point

it crashes vs some rubish that's too close to the road and all the LAVs unless the F-175 flipp

up, while the BIS vehicles (Striker, HMMWVs, trucks..) pass by the debris without much problem.

I don't know if it's an issue with the LAVs or with Afgani. Let's C ya

One important question..... do they feature damage/destroyed textures now? :) without 'em (like in previous version) they are almost unusable in MP.

I note that the Cadillac-Gage armoured cars pack is substantially improved, which is great because I feel that the RACS really needed armoured cars. Well done there.

Fewer model issues and oddities with the tanks too, which is nice, however, did your beta testing fail to pick up on the CTD that occurs with the M109A3 when the driver attempts to turn out, or is this a known bug?

Amended as of 15h26NLT:

- All armoured car weapon sights are offset to the right by approx 3 degrees. This is significant because while the player can easily adjust fire, the AI cannot and use the centre of the sight to judge range and point of impact; resulting in all rounds landing to the target's side or overshooting significantly. This in effect means that any armoured car encountering the enemy is very rapidly destroyed; they cannot return effective fire and any kills they make are simply accidental - enemies walking into the line of fire, rather than being engaged deliberately.

- This problem is not in evidence on the Leopard 1A4, A5, 2A4, and M-60 series.

- As mentioned above, M109A3 driver turn-out CTD bug.

Ok i found the problem with the M109 driver issue.

Now th only other question i need to know is it all the vehicles or just a couple with the sights off...

I have the armor pack fixed jsut need that report on the LAVs ... i will fix them as soon as i get home i dont have the file son this computer

Hi, yes, seems that some of the LAVs with a cannon may have a small deviation on the

main gun, but seems that most of 'em have other issues with the turret's machine gunner;

if you look at 'em at some distance... you see the hatch opened but you don't see the man

manning the MG, even looking throug an ACOG or the binocs, also, most if not all the LAVs

show the breaking lights On after be destroyed and some of the LAVs that have a cannon

don't show the damage textures on the cannon's barrel or the muzzle break.

Im not sure on that main gun deviation on some of the LAVs, they just seem to fail to hit

a M-60 A3 at +300m, also the "calling voice" of the LAVs is: BRDM instead APC, when my

AI mates report a contact with any of the LAVs. Let's C ya

wld427:

All LAVs, including 76mm, 90mm, and 105mm gun armed variations. I can confirm the bug mentioned by Wipman: LAVs are called out as "BRDMs" instead of "Contacts." I also confirm LOD issues with the turret roof gunner - they are far less severe for me though; I can see him when I look at that vehicle from 200m+ through optics for two seconds, the game realizes that's where my view azimuth is and adjusts LODs accordingly. Hatch being closed does look odd; I was a little more concerned with the CTD. Glad to hear that's been fixed.

I would recommend against the turret roof machinegunner. Instead, add a armoured car commander and give him the option of turning in and out, and set the pintle mounted MG so it can only be used when turned out. The RHS T-80 pack does this (exception of T-80A, which fits a ROWS to the NSV-T on the turret roof and cannot be fired when turned out) if you're looking for an example of "how".

On the armour pack, the Leopards are called out as "Abrams" instead of "Enemy Tank", which is what the M60A3 and M60-2000 are called out as. I would recommend switching the Leopards to also be called out as "Tank" instead of an Abrams. I would recommend the same T/C controlling the pintle MG switch as on the armoured cars, as suggested in the above paragraph.

wld427:

All LAVs, including 76mm, 90mm, and 105mm gun armed variations. I can confirm the bug mentioned by Wipman: LAVs are called out as "BRDMs" instead of "Contacts." I also confirm LOD issues with the turret roof gunner - they are far less severe for me though; I can see him when I look at that vehicle from 200m+ through optics for two seconds, the game realizes that's where my view azimuth is and adjusts LODs accordingly. Hatch being closed does look odd; I was a little more concerned with the CTD. Glad to hear that's been fixed.

I would recommend against the turret roof machinegunner. Instead, add a armoured car commander and give him the option of turning in and out, and set the pintle mounted MG so it can only be used when turned out. The RHS T-80 pack does this (exception of T-80A, which fits a ROWS to the NSV-T on the turret roof and cannot be fired when turned out) if you're looking for an example of "how".

On the armour pack, the Leopards are called out as "Abrams" instead of "Enemy Tank", which is what the M60A3 and M60-2000 are called out as. I would recommend switching the Leopards to also be called out as "Tank" instead of an Abrams. I would recommend the same T/C controlling the pintle MG switch as on the armoured cars, as suggested in the above paragraph.

well i tried and tried to get the roof machinegun to work like you say..... i even begged people for help. i unfortunately got none. Right now i am a lil pressed for time so unless anyone is willing to help a bit with making corrections they are unfortunately going to stay as they are for a while because they work just fine for me.

It amazes me that the tank pack has been released for almost 6 months now and no one else reported any bugs with the machinegun or config. All i did was add the m109. either way....

PS... wipman.... please use less shorthand in your posts and break it into sentences. I have a difficult time trying to understand what you are writing,

Hi, sorry man, it's that my english sucks. Let's C ya

No problem wipman... i speak the language and so does mine. My typing is even worse.

on another note.....

OK. so i am supposed to be on vacation but i have spent the better part of the entire last 2 days watching my daughter play in the ocean and sitting here with this stupid laptop trying to get these optics to line up. i have moved the memory point for the gun optics, i have moved the optic model in the p3d....ive done everything but get them to line up propperly. If anyone has some insight into what the hell i am doing wrong please let me know.

Dude, family holiday is important. Switch the friggin laptop off.

Everyones in that ArmA1-2 transition time anyway.

Gnat;1310154']Dude' date=' family holiday is important. Switch the friggin laptop off.

Everyones in that ArmA1-2 transition time anyway.[/quote']same er have fun man you need it and nice work aswell

Gnat;1310154']Dude' date=' family holiday is important. Switch the friggin laptop off.

Everyones in that ArmA1-2 transition time anyway.[/quote']

I know but when i release something and people find things to bitch about it stays under my skin until i can fix them.....

Everyones in that ArmA1-2 transition time anyway.[/quote']

Speak for yourself mate, we havne tgot Arma 2 yet :)

Mate family comes first.

I just wanted to mention that I just worked on the textures of the LAVs. I mainly tried to get the green patterns matching as they were mostly not aligning correctly. That was quiet difficult because the mapping of the LAVs is let's say "not done so well" but I guess the result is at least an advantage to the version before.

I only added the MP and Marines versions to get a little more diversity and wanted to see how they're accepted by the community. I thought about doing some other matching vehicles later on depending on the "echo" here but so far it seems like it's not something that's on top of the wishlist.

Unfortunately I don't know much about working on configs and really nothing about working with the models so I can't help out with fixing the mentioned bugs. I really hope that somebody else here can help out on that issue.

I know but when i release something and people find things to bitch about it stays under my skin until i can fix them.....

Ahh hell bud, like was mentioned, enjoy your time off and have some fun, summer only comes once a year.

I've been cracking away also trying to align the sights, I'll admit its no easy task and takes more time than it should, I probably won't be able to fix it perfectly or even at all, but just know your not alone.

See ya when you get back.

wld427: Nobody comments on the bugs in various addons because very rarely do they actually play with those addons. More than a few times I've marvelled at the lack of quality assurance in the OFP and ArmA community, mostly ArmA. I can understand it from the modmaker's perspective; they put a lot of effort into this and it isn't an easy thing to do, so they're eager to get it out the door.

Even after thorough testing, some bugs just don't show up on the author's settings and hardware combination, which is why bug reports are critical from the community, but these bugs aren't reported if the addons aren't used. Or alternatively, people are for some reason too shy to make a proper bug report. Something is wrong. It is not a personal affront, ArmA is finicky as was OFP before it and it's not like you're personally shitting on the modmaker's pillow when you file a respectful bug report. I will see if I can source you some help on the tank commander issue and implementing car commanders on the Cadillac-Gages.

T.S.C.Plage: Textures are good. However; I can't think of the RACS as being a large combined arms force operating a wide variety of equipment. Fortunately this is not something that reflects poorly on P:RACS because as a mission maker I can always choose what equipment to implement in my misisons and how to "justify" that equipment in a TO&E and ORBAT sense via briefings. You've provided an excellent variety of equipment to take advantage of; my current favourite mix is M-60A3s and M113s or Leopard 1A4s and Cadillac-Gage armoured cars supporting truck-borne ('lorried') Infantry.

As a result of that I don't exactly have room in my imagined RACS Order of Battle for a "South Sahrani Marine Corps" or any sizeable military police element, hence the lack of commentary on my part. However, I know of a number of counterinsurgency missions those MP vehicles could come in handy on, manning checkpoints and the like. They're also handy for providing base security (particularly airbases).

Paint is inexpensive. Perhaps for your ficticious Marine Corps vehicle variations a different camouflage than the tri-colour sand/green/white could be used. Perhaps something more appropriate for Northern Sahrani, keeping with the aggressive traditions of most Marine units. This may stimulate further discussion amongst the community, if that's what you're looking for. A quick switch could be the same pattern, using OD Green in place of sand, coyote brown in place of the dark green, and retaining the white or using a third colour in place of the white.

i do have a bug to repor

on the leo 1 and 2 the gunner M240

at night time the flash of the gun can be seen if u turn the gun away form front

the flask remains foward and doesnt follow

but for now enjoy ur holiday

dnt fix or do anything arma for a while

Mate, I thought you'd worked this out already, the %$#%^$'s will Bitch and Moan no matter what you do and when you do it .............. !!

No one, and I mean no one NEEDS your 110% perfectly working addons NOW, right this minute !

Your 98% working addons are 100% better than the exact same ones ..... that we don't have from anyone else's Mod !! ;)

Good Job, now take a break!