Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

High Definition Tropic Island

banner2kv4.jpg

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>[****]--DOWNLOAD ADDON--[****]</span></span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>[****]--DOWNLOAD PUBLIC KEY--[****]</span></span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>---------Other Download links:</span>

Armed Assault.de

Armaholic.com

ArmedAssault.info

ePrison.de

armaBASE.de

ArmA cznhl.com

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>----------------------------</span>

Finally, the beta is <span style='color:#FF0000'>OUT!</span>

<span style='font-family:Palatino Linotype'>Ok guys, let me explain the work and the effort me and Deanosbeano put in this island, and all the features it brings.

Well, I always thought that we could try to destroy environment in a bettere realistic way than ArmA uses for almost all the objects.

The idea was quite simple, but the creation took us some weeks... Apply RTMs to objects to animated them when destroyed.

Well, seems easy, but it's not.

Of course deanosBeano was already working on such thing, but after that day, we cooperated, and we made everything good!

Now this addon will be a mix of these new features, and of an intensive jungle atmosphere, which will bring you to play and play and play and play...</span> biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-family:Arial Black'><span style='color:#FF0000'>WARNING:</span></span>

The island is full covered with large numbers of trees, palms and plants, so expect lag on mid-end computers.

To play with good FPS, you should add fog.

What causes lag is the large amount of models loaded, and the shadow. Textures and RVMATS are optimized to use the best shaders and to not create lag.

Vegetation textures have been taken from Crysis©, since it took ages to build all the RTMs and to insert them into ArmA.

I asked for permission directly to EA studio, to

Quote[/b] ]EA Senior Joseph B.

Player Relations

Tech Support

Electronic Arts

he said that there's no problem using them for amateur use.

<span style='font-family:Arial Black'><span style='color:#FF0000'>LEGAL:

Permission is granted for personal use only. Any commercial, military or educational use is strictly forbidden without permission from me.

Permission is granted to distribute this software as long as it is 100% free of charge and this readme file is distributed with it.

I assume no responsibility for any damages this program may cause - use at your own risk. If your video card overheats or your computer blows up you're on your own.</span></span>

<span style='font-family:Book Antiqua'>Some shots:</span>

island_pic1-600.jpgisland_pic2-600.jpg

island_pic3-600.jpg

island_pic4-600.jpg

island_pic5-600.jpg

Quote[/b] ]LINK REMOVED, give me some minutes, some problems

No fixes as of yet then, no link?

Looks fantastic, I can't wait to try this one out.

Great work!

Quote[/b] ]LINK REMOVED, give me some minutes, some problems

No fixes as of yet then, no link?

Apologizes for the broken link, but I had troubles with an already exiting tag on Ofpec, which is LKS, and I had to change it to HDT...

I'm uploading the new archive again

This looks great !

I'm looking forward to checking this out mate, looks like you put some hard work in..In advance thankyou for all the time & effort!

Best Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

Clicking refresh.... update? Nope....licking refresh...update? negative....darn it... clicking refresh....clicking refresh....clicking refresh......

banghead.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Clicking refresh.... update?  Nope....licking refresh...update? negative....darn it... clicking refresh....clicking refresh....clicking refresh......  

banghead.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Same here! biggrin_o.gif

great looking island from the pics, i think i have to skip due to playing on a laptop hehe

Wow this is beautifully done. I completely forgot about this project, what a great surprise.

I don't even want to imagine the amount of time you put into this, regardless, thank you. I really can't say that enough. I can't wait to convert my missions I'm working on over to this Island.

God damn I'm happy that I just dumped a small fortune to upgrade my puter. biggrin_o.gif

future release will include added demolition effects, tunnels and destructible terrain! biggrin_o.gif

Wow I expected to have 1 fps even on my computer but its nice and smooth with everything on very high. There are some places where grass and trees are slightly on the roads but that might have been intended to give a slightly over grown jungley type feel.

I would have loved a swamp on the island but its no biggy and maybe some small basses dotted around the island, I've found two but some more would be great. Cracking job Linker notworthy.gif

A beautiful island with lots of vegetation and ever good frame rates.

Wow I expected to have 1 fps even on my computer but its nice and smooth with everything on very high. There are some places where grass and trees are slightly on the roads but that might have been intended to give a slightly over grown jungley type feel.

I would have loved a swamp on the island but its no biggy and maybe some small basses dotted around the island, I've found two but some more would be great. Cracking job Linker notworthy.gif

A beautiful island with lots of vegetation and ever good frame rates.

you mean more human militar bases?

smile_o.gif

Have you tried to destroy the barracks, or the environment?

Hi, what i like the most is that you go faster offroad with a HMMWV

than by the road, and go as slow off road in the wheeled vehicles

by the default islands is another of the things that suck a lot in

the game. Let's C ya

Hi, what i like the most is that you go faster offroad with a HMMWV

than by the road, and go as slow off road in the wheeled vehicles

by the default islands is another of the things that suck a lot in

the game. Let's C ya

Lol thank you biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for the previous reply

Nice work Linker Split.  Thank you for your efforts.

I would just like to bring you attention to the fact that you can walk right through the chain link fences, while a BIS M1A1 is unable to crush one of the corrugated steel fences around the camps on the island.  Also, I found that a BIS M1A1 is unable to knock over most of the trees on your island.

@ June 14 2008,21:14)]Nice work Linker Split. Thank you for your efforts.

I would just like to bring you attention to the fact that you can walk right through the chain link fences, while a BIS M1A1 is unable to crush one of the corrugated steel fences around the camps on the island. Also, I found that a BIS M1A1 is unable to knock over most of the trees on your island.

Yes, and i'll tell you why:

All the trees and palms and objects have RTMs attached to them ,so when you destroy them, they play it.

If the tree was configured as you want (to be crushed by a tank) then there would be no RTM's for them.. sad_o.gif

Btw, sorry, I didn't want to seem so agressive my friend biggrin_o.gif

end thank you for bringing it to my attention ,all feedback welcome

All the trees and palms and objects have RTMs attached to them ,so when you destroy them, they play it.

If the tree was configured as you want (to be crushed by a tank) then there would be no RTM's for them.. sad_o.gif

No problem, I was not offended at all.  I must confess that I have no idea what a RTM is though.

@ June 14 2008,21:40)]

No problem, I was not offended at all. I must confess that I have no idea what a RTM is though.

RTM is the animation file which animates objects and units... wink_o.gif

Try to shoot at a tree with a tank, it will creak instead of falling down