Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

And here some other oddities:

Pq1ZjnjS.jpgaV1R2Z09.jpgaV1R3_RS.jpg

Pq1ZkhH9.jpgPq1ZkrFJ.jpg

Screens 3,4,5. Missing soldier is still existing bug. After i turn a little bit right, then the RPG soldier was disappear, only his shadow was still here. After i turning left - then the body was back. crazy_o.gif

what have you tried inorder to debug? or did you tried anything? confused_o.gif

BTW: never have this problem, instead, ARMA still running on my pc without big problem(only patch 1.5 have give me CTD and texture problem)

No word from BIS yet on a fix? or atleast and official comment on the situation.

No, and in fact I brought up the idea of more patches in this thread and a moderator deleted it and said it was off topic. I started a new thread and the same moderator locked it saying there already was a "bug reporting thread".

Seems they don't want anyone to discuss that we really need another patch to fix all the untested 1.14 changes.

No word from BIS yet on a fix? or atleast and official comment on the situation.

No, and in fact I brought up the idea of more patches in this thread and a moderator deleted it and said it was off topic.   I started a new thread and the same moderator locked it saying there already was a "bug reporting thread".

Seems they don't want anyone to discuss that we really need another patch to fix all the untested 1.14 changes.

If that were the case, why does -this- thread exist? Please do not jump to such rash conclusions. This is a thread for giving feedback on the patch, regardless of how general or specific such feedback may be. I imagine that we'd receive some kind of hotfix if we were all to continue to post about the prevalent problems still existing in ArmA.

*shrug*

-dRb

No, no, it's way better to go with the "they're evil, they do it to screw us up, they are bad, I'm far better than anything they can produce...." mantra, you know.

It makes you feel so much better on the Internet tounge2.gif

Yes. The name SlipperyJim is burning its way into my consciousness, seems to be posting a different complaint in every thread at the moment wink_o.gif

PuG: Interesting how 3 or 4 people complaining about similar but not identical problems automatically translates to it being an issue experienced by the "majority" of users.

FWIW I have had both dedicated server and client running f(on the same PC) for many many hours over the past two weekends, without a single crash, and with no graphical corruptions like mentioned here. Also nvidia card...8800GT...but I haven't yet updated to the latest nvidia drivers, don't know if that might be related.

What do you guys suggest I do? I have a pretty powerful GPU (8800 GTS 640 MB 128 stream processors) and I did what he said. It improved performance a little, but it didn't fix the problem. It'll act fine, then when I approach a city or a forest it lags out.

EDIT: I'm downloading the Nvidia 175.16 drivers now, seeing if that'll help. The one I'm using now are 169.-- hopefully that'll fix this performance issue, though I somehow doubt it will.

EDIT2: Well the new driver improved the FPS in Crysis by a long-shot, but not ArmA.

JoW, it seems we're in the same boat mate - I juiced up the settings, and actually got an increase in performance, but still the odd lag when turning quickly to look at different scenery, or when spooling around in outside view...

I'll keep testing, and see what happens...

EDIT - yep, still the odd annoying lag, it's most pronounced when zooming in to look through the sights of a weapon sad_o.gif I've also noticed that looking at trees will also guarantee a jump/lag if that helps...

And yeah, I don't think my rig is weak..

Intel dual core 6600 at 2.4 gig

Vista 32 bit

2046 MB Ram

2x Nividia GeForce 8800 GTX

279 Gig hard drive in Raid 0, 60% free space

Hey I found out what caused this issue. It's Service Pack 1. It's a must in any game for Vista. I get 15 more FPS on average in Crysis and in ArmA now the only lagging is from my CPU and the view distance. So you must have SP1 if you want to game with Vista. Good luck. I know how you get around the SP1 bug where it gets stuck in step 3 of 3. If you need any help installing the service pack let me know, thanks.

EDIT: I'm at work right now so I can't tell you how to install SP1, takes to much time.

ShrubMiK, it isn't a different complaint at all. 1.14 crashes, it has graphic/memory glitches, and it has massive lag/desync issues.

1.14 is what I am complaining about.

There was no public beta test for several of the new features in this patch. They went directly to "Final". For some people they claim they aren't having problems and I congratulate you. For others like me they are having MAJOR issues.

As a test I just did a full uninstall, a defrag, and re-install and the game crashed to desktop within an hour of gameplay.

Update: Again tonight I tried playing and after about an hour the server crashed. 1.14 is almost COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.

Update2: Took an hour break from the game. Finally got enough interest in playing Arma again and joined a server. This time 20 minutes later server crashed. **sigh** at least I didn't have an hour invested in it. Thank god for small favors.

Update3: Joined another game after posting here. That server lasted about 25-30 before crashing. Not making this up. Unbelievable.

Update4: Joined a completely different server again and it lasted about 30-40 mins before crashing. What a wonderful night of gaming provided by BIS.

Update5: Another crash after about 15-20 mins on a server. I swear on a stack of bibles. I am starting to get paranoid and wonder if I am crashing the servers somehow. This is ridiculous. This all happened on one night.

ShrubMiK - Please stop trying to cause an argument, this is the second time in the thread you have taken what ive said out of context.

This thread (according to the topic) is to provide support and feedback on the 1.14 patch - theirs bound to be frustration for those who have installed it, and have had new issues apear - so witty comments and trying to be clever will only rub people up the wrong way.

------------

Going to be reformatting Vista this week for a clean install, and will install SP1 if its *available*. Its not appeared on the update manager so far? and from what read online at the time I think the release is staggered?

BUT the other system is running Windows XP 64, fully updated and has virtually identical issues to this PC, which is the lack of performance & dync (not sure on the audio artifacts).

The only thing in common between the two computers is both run a purchased online/download version of ArmA.

Hi all

In reply to SlipperyJim:

What servers are crashing? Then we can get server logs!

Are you running any Mods?

Is BattlEye and sig check on?

Is the server running any mods?

What mission were you playing?

What actions were you doing when the crashes occur? Reproducibility is the key to catching any bug.

What happened just before the crash? See above.

Did you notice any one attempt to join with MODs just before the crash.

The reason why more servers are using BattleEye and Sig Check with Equal Mod is to prevent people crashing servers. Using certain mods on a server that does not run them is a 100% certain crash.

Please check your arma.RPT file

C:\Documents and Settings\{your username}\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.RPT in XP not running ArmA on Vista yet so not certain of its location in Vista.

Print it up

As always you machine specs help too with Driver details.

I know bugs do happen and I myself have experienced crashes in ArmA but you are being vague and your experiences are counter to the majority with this patch as you, your self have noted.

The vagueness makes others who are not experiencing what you are suspicious. wink_o.gif

Being precise allows the problem to be fixed. Which is after all what you want smile_o.gif

Kind regards walker

Another Bugs:

- the US mech. infantry are a infantry group + stryker ATGM. Thats false. Stryker ATGM cannot carry infantry groups. There should be Stryker M2 or Stryker MK

- the Stryker crews (all versions) are false model. In real life the stryker crews are normal infantryman but they have a other helmet. So it should be better to use "crewmen" as crews for Strykers.

See here:

aV27W8LA.jpg

German localization:

- some unitnames are in german version false. So we have "Soldier" but in german its must be named "Soldat"

- some weaponnames sounds not really correct. So the AT Weapons (RPG,M136) are named "M136 Granatenwerfer" but it should be named "M136 Raketenwerfer" or (better) "M136 Panzerabwehrwaffe". "Granatewerfer" are "Grenadelaunchers" like M203 or GP-25.

Realistic were to name the AT Weapons "Panzerfaust" - as example "RPG Panzerfaust". That is the jaurgon used in german.

ShrubMiK, it isn't a different complaint at all. 1.14 crashes, it has graphic/memory glitches, and it has massive lag/desync issues.

1.14 is what I am complaining about.

There was no public beta test for several of the new features in this patch. They went directly to "Final". For some people they claim they aren't having problems and I congratulate you. For others like me they are having MAJOR issues.

As a test I just did a full uninstall, a defrag, and re-install and the game crashed to desktop within an hour of gameplay.

Update: Again tonight I tried playing and after about an hour the server crashed. 1.14 is almost COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.

Update2: Took an hour break from the game. Finally got enough interest in playing Arma again and joined a server. This time 20 minutes later server crashed. **sigh** at least I didn't have an hour invested in it. Thank god for small favors.

Update3: Joined another game after posting here. That server lasted about 25-30 before crashing. Not making this up. Unbelievable.

Update4: Joined a completely different server again and it lasted about 30-40 mins before crashing. What a wonderful night of gaming provided by BIS.

Update5: Another crash after about 15-20 mins on a server. I swear on a stack of bibles. I am starting to get paranoid and wonder if I am crashing the servers somehow. This is ridiculous. This all happened on one night.

Never, ever, have seen that much issues while playing.

My only problems begin to kick in after several consecutive hours of game on the same mission.

Instead of endlessly whining (because quite frankly this is all you do here, nothing more), you could try to provide a bit more information to see what is different in your case compared to all the people I see playing without issues on the servers I connect to.

What server do you connect to?

What missions do you play?

What addons/mods do you use?

+ usual technical informations and what you tried to solve the issue.

+ more suited for ArmA 1.14 Troubleshooting thread

what have you tried inorder to debug? or did you tried anything? confused_o.gif

BTW: never have this problem, instead, ARMA still running on my pc without big problem(only patch 1.5 have give me CTD and texture problem)

You must stand exactly over the dead unit (over his leg) and look down - changing your direction.

I have had the problem that Chaos is describing in the past, but not in the new version. This is because I have no been able to play the new version (for reasons that are not ArmA's fault). It's not a new issue. It may have been introduced in the last betas. I have ati x1950xtxs with an asus a8r32mvp mobo.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Maybe it is a problem with NVidia ?</span>

My system info:

Windoof: WinXP SP2 (patched to 03.06.2008)

CPU: Intel E2160

RAM: MDT 4096 MB DDR-2 RAM PC-6400 (4x 1024MB)

GaphicsCard: XFX nVidia GeForce 8600GT @512MB DDR-2 RAM (Quimonda)

Maninboard: Abit FP-IN9 SLI mit nVidia nForce 650i SLI

<span style='color:red'>As i told - my ArmA is 40-50% darker than normal.</span>

Guest Ti0n3r

@Chaos

And that's why Arma 2 should use ragdoll physics :P

joke :E

German localization:

- some unitnames are in german version false. So we have "Soldier" but in german its must be named "Soldat"

- some weaponnames sounds not really correct. So the AT Weapons (RPG,M136) are named "M136 Granatenwerfer" but it should be named "M136 Raketenwerfer" or (better) "M136 Panzerabwehrwaffe". "Granatewerfer" are "Grenadelaunchers" like M203 or GP-25.

Realistic were to name the AT Weapons "Panzerfaust" - as example "RPG Panzerfaust". That is the jaurgon used in german.

Please report localization issues at the german support forums. Nothing BIS can do here.

The crappy translation is one of the reasons why I switched to english asap.

walker, I am not spending a lot of time carefully documenting because it is a waste of time in my opinion. I have seen several games try to do this public beta testing idea and feedback from the community is always ignored. It is just part of the PR campaign to make us feel like we matter. I have been part of several of these "give us feedback" kind of threads with other games and the data was ALWAYS ignored. No thanks, I have been there and done that too many times already. Besides, we still have no idea if there even will be another patch since BIS has been silent about the matter.

BIS released the 1.14 patch with UNTESTED new features. They weren't part of the public beta test. They don't care about what results the public beta tests got because we would have seen these new features in a 1.13 public beta patch instead of this FINAL. Can any of you actually justify releasing new untested features after all the public beta testing that happened? Come on.

Walker, if you want to accuse me of being a liar then have the balls to do so instead of just hinting at it. Why on earth would I make the server crashes up? This is utterly ridiculous. First in the BattlEye thread you suggest that I am a cheater and now you accuse me of being a liar.

Anyone who played this morning on the "15th MEU Recruiting" or the "1st Cavalary Division Arma 1.14" servers saw it happen. I also believe one of the servers was called "75th Ranger Regiment".

After the third crash I joined another server and the first thing I said was "something strange is going on and that I didn't expect the server to last longer than 20 minutes". Guess what happened about 20 minutes later? When I rejoined the same server to confirm it was indeed a crash one of the clan members on the server said "you were right". Pft Leung was his name on the 15th MEU Recruiting server. Contact him and then accuse me of being a liar, walker.

- All the servers crashing were variations of Evolution

- I have no mods whatsoever.

- After installing 1.14 and getting all the strange bugs I have been posting about I did a fresh uninstall, HD defrag, and re-install of the game. Nothing changed and all the server crashes mentioned above happened last night.

Quote[/b] ]Using certain mods on a server that does not run them is a 100% certain crash.

Any you don't see how this is a problem that BIS should have already addressed long ago?

I almost came. This patch is incredible, it has rekindled my love for arma. Mainly the fixed player view (it felt like I was looking through a wide angle lens in the old ones)

The new patch is great, I am getting better performance, and I love all the new features. The game feels almost brand new.

See how I am not attacking Hypno Toad or anyone else for saying the game works for them? I respect his right to post his experience with the game.

The moderators shouldn't allow people like Walker and ShrubMiK to attack people that report problems with the patch. Contrary to what these guys try to suggest, we love Arma just as much as everyone else. We have all worshipped the hours of gameplay we have had over the years with Opflash and Arma. BIS makes some of my favorite games.

However 1.14 is a complete dog for me. All the beta patches worked better than this.

- All the servers crashing were variations of Evolution

That should ring alarm bells right off the bat.

Ever think it could be a problem with the evo mission causing the crashes?

Also, chill the fuck out man, all walker asked for was some documentation to help resolve the crashes, rather than just ranting that "zomg this patch is shit"... crazy_o.gif

Yes, of course I did. However I have been a long time player of Evolution and I have never seen so many servers crashing before 1.14. Something has changed that is causing a lot of crashes. I have also seen problems on the Warfare map.

Please don't let this turn into another Evolution hate thread. There already is enough of those.

Also, chill the fuck out man, all walker asked for was some documentation to help resolve the crashes, rather than just ranting that "zomg this patch is shit"... crazy_o.gif

DM, I am sure walker is capable of responding on his own and even more people sticking their noses into it will only further de-rail the topic. Once again we really don't need any more people attacking others for reporting crashes and characterize them as "whining" like walker and now yourself have done. Thanks.

DM, I am sure walker is capable of responding on his own

I KNOW he is. wink_o.gif

and even more people sticking their noses into it will only further de-rail the topic.

Its a forum, get used to the idea.

Once again we really don't need any more people attacking others for reporting crashes and characterize them as "whining" like walker and now yourself have done.

Did I attack you? No. Stop being such a drama queen (there you go)

Reporting crashes with useful information like server logs, crash dumps, rpt files and so on is helpful, constantly bitching that 1.14 is shit and causes crashes is whining. Hence the lable. Going off on one at the people suggesting that you post up the logs to help resolve the issues, and getting all defensive over supposedly being called a whiner (tho I dont see anyone in here other than you throwing that word around) suggests some chill time is needed.

Yes, of course I did. However I have been a long time player of Evolution and I have never seen so many servers crashing before 1.14. Something has changed that is causing a lot of crashes. I have also seen problems on the Warfare map.

Please don't let this turn into another Evolution hate thread. There already is enough of those.

DM, I am sure walker is capable of responding on his own and even more people sticking their noses into it will only further de-rail the topic. Once again we really don't need any more people attacking others for reporting crashes and characterize them as "whining" like walker and now yourself have done. Thanks.

He is not trying to turn it into another evo hate-thread. But we all want these problems to go away, and seing that all the evo-servers crash, maybe there are some scripting routines that evo use which have been changed in 1.14.

Maybe ask the creators of the Evo maps, which unique/rare scripting commands they have been using?

Quote[/b] ]Using certain mods on a server that does not run them is a 100% certain crash.

Any you don't see how this is a problem that BIS should have already addressed long ago?

This isn't really BIS' fault at all.

It is conflicting modifications, and the only real way BIS could do anything about it is to severely hamper the moddability of ArmA down to near nothing.

Since we don't want that to happen people will just have to make sure to either play with mods/addons that particular server run, or "generally multiplayer-compatible mods/addons"