Sign in to follow this  
Mateck

Mateck's M1A1 (HA)

Is it possible for it to have a fixed marker ?

Is it possible for it to have a fixed marker ?

Yes, you can learn everything about the markings by reading "readme".

Nice peace of metal. smile_o.gif

Really like it!

Just a few things:

The ammobelts on the loader- and commander-mg are not animated and there is no sight on the com-mg on "turn out".

Keep it up!

MfG, Medicus smile_o.gif

Hopefully a uparmored T-90 will be made by someone as a relative equal to this tank.  For those complaining of imbalance, an older export type T-72 (as sold to many Middle East nations and what the SLA appear to use) will not stand much of chance against an M1A1.

Alot depends on the ammunition used as well however.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Maybe you could to release the new config with XEH to tide us over till the next release? It is sort of something that should have been in the initial release. Unless the next public release is going to be coming soon of course  tounge2.gif

The BIS tracers arent very nice   whistle.gif

Hopefully a uparmored T-90 will be made by someone as a relative equal to this tank.  For those complaining of imbalance, an older export type T-72 (as sold to many Middle East nations and what the SLA appear to use) will not stand much of chance against an M1A1.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

What a T-72M1 with ARENA and ERA would do or what chances could have against this Abrams?

Because wouldn't be easyer to modify BIS T-72 into a T-72M1?

Just wondering tho.

Love this Abrams by the way. Makes a nice change. Reminds me of the times when "Combat" released theirs for OFP.

BTW, could be possible if the commander was able to use a set of binoculars while on "Turn out" mode? Wouldn't it be possible to change from gun to binoculars by adding the binoculars as a second comander's weapon, and when selecting "binoculars" as the weapon the sight of this would be the binoculars reticle? That would be great, specially if the binoculars use some sort of range finding reticle like a Mildot or this one below.

image1391.gifFig2-33.gif

Read the posts and got my answer on the amount of direct hits it can take. 8 direct hits APS from 30 meters before blow up. Now we REALLY need some hardcore OPFOR guys. I know some is on the way wich is cool. one F18 to rule the sky and one M1A1 to rule the ground and your set as it is now lol wink_o.gif

Btw i have a request: I think the M256 blast sound is too low/weak. Is it only me that experience this? Driving the tank and shoot is about the same volume when standing outside. The engine and blast i mean is about the same. Im on version 1.12b

I have a m256 sound that i made very powerful in the same style as yours if you want to check it out?

Thanks for an awesome addon!

Regards

Alex

Great Mod,Does anyone have some great MP tank mission,give links plz.

Hopefully a uparmored T-90 will be made by someone as a relative equal to this tank. For those complaining of imbalance, an older export type T-72 (as sold to many Middle East nations and what the SLA appear to use) will not stand much of chance against an M1A1.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well we have something in our garage that can go head to head with M1A1. Our friend Tiger205 made a T-72 based on Yugoimport-SDPR T-72 modernization pack, with some fictional elements. It got little "rusty" when we decided to put our work on M1A1 but if community would like to have such a tank, we can do something about that tounge2.gif

t72ze1.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508....MG]

A modernized T-72? Hell yeah!

Hi there!

first of all, these tanks are great! notworthy.gif I love all that stuff you guys put on them, and this 'random stuff' scripts! I have a question though, I can't hear any radio chatter when inside these tanks while playing with ecs. Is there a way to fix this? (I tried adding the tanks classnames to the ecs radio chatter list, but it didn't work) I know it's nothing big, but having chatter would be this last nice little extra.

@Apache-Cobra

I think I will release updated version today, maybe tomorrow smile_o.gif

In this release I will fix XEH compatibility and add new bisigns. I registered CHT tag on OFPEC and need to change bisings just to fit new tag wink_o.gif

About superiority of new M1A1. T-72 from NWD Tank FCS is relative equal to new Abrams. It must be, as I used NonWonderDogs ammo and armor values as mentioned in ReadMe file.

I could add T-72 with new ammo and armor values to my pack as a quick solution.

Tiger need some time to finish his, a bit fictional, T-72. After that I could add this tank as a bonus smile_o.gif

@FLv*VeNoM*

This addon was mainly tested witch ECS enabled, but I forget about radio chatter. I will try to fix taht wink_o.gif

@Juan

Adding binoculars to commander is not so easy. Even it's not possible to have different FOV values for different optics. Thats why I removed otpics model from commanders M2 when tunred out.

Great addition to ArmA! Looking forward to the update and the possibility of using NWD Tank Optics with this! Will you go to the length that NWD did with his and upgrade the model to so that it was more resistant to bullets and things? And any chance of seeing something like the thermal sights that was released with the BTR-80 addon? I know it aint the best, but it is better than nothing until someone comes up with a better system!

As far as the T-72 goes something to compete with the M1A1 would be good, but i think you will find that people would prefer the T-72 be as real as possible! But anything is better than nothing!

Great work keep it up!

Oh yes! Thanks so much for releasing this beautiful tank, it's great!

About the fictional T-72: Would be great if it could be re-done to be as realistic as possible, but if that's too much to ask, the fictional one is still looking great smile_o.gif

also, little thing to "fix" on your M1A1: Could you rename Loader to loader (with lower case L)? So it fits commander, gunner and driver position names better as they're all lower case in ArmA smile_o.gif

It's really nothing important biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to your work thumbs-up.gif

Howdy,

Awesome new piece of gear to add to our arsenal. Love the random markings. But I must be doing something wrong when trying to set custom markings cause they are not showing. I'd hate to take up this thread with basic scripting stuff so if anyone familiar with using the setObjectTexture command could PM me it would be greatly appreciated.

Tigernan

Not as lean, or as mean but always a Marine.

Platoon Sergeant, 15th MEU Realism Unit

Beautiful model smile_o.gif

I also think the armour is too strong - it takes 5 direct hits on its side armour from another M1A1 (Sabot) at zero range before being destroyed.... I think this is too much!

However it is a GREAT idea to make M1 more resistant to RPGs, - maybe the RPG's should be weakened or the M256 gun made more powerful?

The armor settings used are from real life specifications. NWD based the armor values of the Abrams (and the T72 in the tank FCS case) to make them as realistic as possible based on the best specifications available. To me, 5 hits from an M1A1 is a bit excessive, should be 2-3. However, with RPGs, they shouldnt be able to destroy the Abrams. The worst they could do is take out the engine (which has little to no armor) or the tracks/wheels. It is interesting, the armor value is at 1320, while the default Abrams armor was 900. All of the settings are exactly the same as NWD's tank FCS. The only reason i can think of this is that NWD's values for the M256 and the 2A46 are not included.

On another point, NWD's tank FCS wasn't just a config with new values, it was a mod that added proper aiming systems to the T72 and M1A1, with lasing the target, the rangefinder etc. You should try the mod in its own mod folder, and play around with the gunners position in the Abrams and T72 (after reading the readme of course, unless you are tank saavy biggrin_o.gif )

And it is excellent news that you are releasing the fixed version soon! Thank you guys again so much for your work  notworthy.gif

That is awesome that you guys might release a modernized T-72 tank! Oh...someone mentioned about a BTR-80 addon with a thermal imager? I've never seen that addon. Does anyone have a link? A thermal imager would definitely be VERY nice if you could add that kinda like the thermal imaging FX used by mapfacts on their AH-64 Apache gunship addon. That really adds to the game's feeling of realism.

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Howdy,

Awesome new piece of gear to add to our arsenal. Love the random markings. But I must be doing something wrong when trying to set custom markings cause they are not showing. I'd hate to take up this thread with basic scripting stuff so if anyone familiar with using the setObjectTexture command could PM me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I found solution for this problem. Probably You are using setObjectTexture in init field. Try to execute this command after mission start.

Here is example of how to set user made textures: http://www.sendspace.com/file/09n5pj

Reason that this command cannot be used in init field is that markings scripts are executed at the same time. In next versions I will add option to completely disable those scripts.

Thanks Mateck. Though I wished I had checked the forums sooner. I got fustrated with the setObjectTexture thing that I went in and added my custom textures into your base list for use with the CH_markings_base/turret line. But was afraid of how that would effect things in multiplayer.

Your solution will make things a ton easier as I can use your stock pbo's as is without causing issues. Thanks a lot.

Tigernan

Noticed that the top of the tracks shows through the armor at times. Sometimes from distance and sometimes when pretty close. Dont know if its on my computer only or if someone else noticed. Just thaught i let you know.

Regards

Alex