Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

SLX MOD public release

Hi,

I cant seem to get FDF's sound pack to work with this mod. I prefer the sounds they made for ArmA.

When trying to install I get the message "ca.pbo not found". I have the latest beta patch 1_12) installed.

Quote[/b] ]are there any other event's that cause such gibbing?

Nice you came across this one biggrin_o.gif, wasn't sure it made it into this package or not. You will see it only in very rare occasions with high explosive rounds. And you have to get an direct hit too.

I think it's a good thing that it's so hard to get this effect wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but shouldn't the sheer shockwave alone able to rip someones head off? heck it didn't even seem to have splash damage, but shouldn't the sheer kinetic force produced by this round hitting the ground able to create deadly sharpnells?

A nice feature to request in the bugtracker smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oops! I had that file in the SLX folder! hehe

Yeah probably my bad aswell, I told people to do that in earlier pages, but noticed for the bridge files to work they have to be in the folder where that add-on is located and not the SLX folder

Quote[/b] ]whenever i fire the machine gun of the commander's seat of the M1A1, my character always pops out of the turret, in effect rendering him vulnerable to small arms fire! i don't really know how this works IRL M1A1s but again this only happens when SLX mod is active.

"Feature" , Solus was not sure if the commander would be able to control the MG from inside, as in this model you clearly see handles on the MG. So therefore you turn out and get behind the MG before you're able to use it.

Quote[/b] ]I cant seem to get FDF's sound pack to work with this mod. I prefer the sounds they made for ArmA.

Please search before asking questions like these, it's been answered several times and if you read through the readme file you would find it aswell.

remove the SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds.pbo

Quote[/b] ]I read someone having trouble using this with DAC 2.0.

I have tried it with DAC and it works fine no crashes yet.

Thanks for comfirming this smile_o.gif

And have you removed the SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds.pbo to use an other sound mod?

Quote[/b] ]When trying to install I get the message "ca.pbo not found". I have the latest beta patch 1_12) installed.

At what point you get this message? A bit more information makes it able to help you.

FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO INSTALL THE MUZZLE FLASHES AND CA.pbo BUT GET AN ERROR WHEN DOING THIS;

> Get into your ArmA/Addons folder and select weapons.pbo and ca.pbo

> Copy these files into your beta/Addons folder

> Start the .bat installers

> When finished remove the weapons.pbo and ca.pbo from beta/Addons

! MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THESE FILES IN YOUR ArmA/Addons FOLDER !

Quote[/b] ]When trying to install I get the message "ca.pbo not found". I have the latest beta patch 1_12) installed.
Quote[/b] ]At what point you get this message? A bit more information makes it able to help you.

I get this errorright at teh beginning when I click the 'Start SLX.bat' file.

I placed the '@SLX' folder in C:\Games\Arma

Update

Problem solved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO INSTALL THE MUZZLE FLASHES AND CA.pbo BUT GET AN ERROR WHEN DOING THIS;

> Get into your ArmA/Addons folder and select weapons.pbo and ca.pbo

> Copy these files into your beta/Addons folder

> Start the .bat installers

> When finished remove the weapons.pbo and ca.pbo from beta/Addons

! MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THESE FILES IN YOUR ArmA/Addons FOLDER !

What for? Copying files when for example my ArmA folders weights 10GB biggrin_o.gif

I know better way. Just edit both .BAT files (Muzzle flash and CA) and delete in paths to these files parts where beta folder is used.

i really like q11_recoils, how can i use them with SLX? thx

Quote[/b] ]whenever i fire the machine gun of the commander's seat of the M1A1, my character always pops out of the turret, in effect rendering him vulnerable to small arms fire! i don't really know how this works IRL M1A1s but again this only happens when SLX mod is active.

"Feature" , Solus was not sure if the commander would be able to control the MG from inside, as in this model you clearly see handles on the MG. So therefore you turn out and get behind the MG before you're able to use it.

The MG on an M1A1 can be controlled from inside the tank.

Only the ArmA T72 should have been given that feature, since it is an old tank and doesn't have the kind of technology featured on modern tanks.

Only the ArmA T72 should have been given that feature, since it is an old tank and doesn't have the kind of technology featured on modern tanks.

2nd on that

is there a way to fix this?

AI does not engage at long distances, Good idea to use True Range AI addon unless its not compatible w/SLX.

Heavy Machine gun tracers disabled ??

I like this MOD, I played it against 6th Sense and I

like the features of ECS+SLX

Hello

Just a quick note with regards to the above posts about controlling external MG's from within the tank.

This method was used at least as far back as ww2. So is not a high technology issue.

But whether its implemented on the aformentioned tanks is another thing.

Rgds

LoK

When i put this addon on our server do other people require to download it to (i guess so).. Also in our missions we use the RAAB addons (TDMG Uk Forces, UKF Weapons and some other stuff) is it still possible to run SLX together with those addons.

Thanks in advance,

Due to the changes in AI and values, everyone will need this mod. "Simple" infantry and vehicle addons should work with SLX. Not sure if they'll inherit all the new features though.

Is this mod actually designed to be used with ECS, or was it designed to stand entirely alone, i know it was made to be compatible, but was it intended to be used with ECS, as the AI arent that smart when i play. They do use GL2, which is awesome i must say, and they do out flank, but they do seem a bit dopey sometimes.

Just for the record, i am having some pretty confusing dragging MP problems, it goes into the drag animation for a split second, then back to standing, the problem only happens when dragging other players, not AI.

Thanks for the info on the sounds. I am loving this mod. There are two things however i dont like. The sites for the ak's are too small to aim properly (as are the pistols) and the AI dont seem to want to drag their injured or dead comrades.

Apart from that i think its awesome.

2nd on that

is there a way to fix this?

Put it in the bugtracker please smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]AI does not engage at long distances, Good idea to use True Range AI addon unless its not compatible w/SLX.

Heavy Machine gun tracers disabled ??

Try it and you'll find out smile_o.gif Although AI allready engages from further distance than vanilla AI

And I'm not sure about the tracers being disabled, I've seen them on MG's

Quote[/b] ]When i put this addon on our server do other people require to download it to (i guess so).. Also in our missions we use the RAAB addons (TDMG Uk Forces, UKF Weapons and some other stuff) is it still possible to run SLX together with those addons.

Thanks in advance,

Everyone needs this to be able to play with it on MP.

And if the units in those add-ons have the standard classes then GL3 and other SLX features will kick in.

Quote[/b] ]Is this mod actually designed to be used with ECS, or was it designed to stand entirely alone, i know it was made to be compatible, but was it intended to be used with ECS, as the AI arent that smart when i play. They do use GL2, which is awesome i must say, and they do out flank, but they do seem a bit dopey sometimes.

Negative, SLX is being developed since at least January '07 and is made to be used on it's own. The moment ECS was released Solus checked out that mod and found it that good he quickly made an easy bridge addon for it. smile_o.gif

GL2? Is that an OFP port for ArmA? Solus made GL3 and that is what this mod uses on it's own.

What you mean with dopey? They're probably as dodgy if not less dodgy as vanilla AI.

Quote[/b] ]Just for the record, i am having some pretty confusing dragging MP problems, it goes into the drag animation for a split second, then back to standing, the problem only happens when dragging other players, not AI.

Is this on an dedicated server? what unit you use? and what unit are you trying to drag? Are you on a slope? Are you injured yourself? Under direct fire?

Quote[/b] ] and the AI dont seem to want to drag their injured or dead comrades.

They do both just fine here. They even protect each other, one drags and an other covers smile_o.gif

About the sights, I don't recall these being changed over original ArmA

Im having problems combining this with ECS mod..

When i do, i get no voices over the radio and some stuff is in german..

Any help?

Ok I know this is going to piss people off posting again, but this thing is doing my head in, especially when I've been sporting ba-jillion addons ala the Compilation thread.

I've tried the two techniques as per listed, but some things didn't work as planned. Ok here's all I want to accomplish..

1) Removal of the smoke of dooooooom so I can use DM and Matt's, but at the same time...

2) Keep SLX's Tracers. For some reason I'm more keen on them and I'm really enjoying them. When I tried the technique as mentioned here it was geared more for those who desired to use 6th's and not SLX.

3) Removal of the sluggish reload time. I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm in a firefight and getting shot at, I'd make damn sure I reload as fast as I humanly can, hehe.

4) Keeping the animations except the one for carrying the launchers. My own back hurts like hell watching my character form an L-shape while sporting a AT or RPG on his back, hehe.

BTW, I see in the video the side-step from FFN in there, but no matter what I press my character doesn't do it? He just strafes really fast or really slow. but no fancy side step. If it's in there what give? That's like the grenade animation too, I thought it would be like in AAO, but I keep getting the same old animation. Maybe I need a fresh install. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, this is what I'd like to have done, if possible. Sorry I know I shouldn't have posted and all but there's over 13 pages and consistently growing fast. It's hard to keep up. Now I know how poor Para must feel going through all of this, lol.

If you break down and go to dive out the window, ring me up, m8....we'll both go out at the same time! lol tounge2.gif

Correction, something ahs gone spectacularly wrong with my Arma install, the sounds for the menu and voice comms has completely messed up.

Therefore i may need to reinstall sad_o.gif

im putting this post here because after using SLZ with ECS my sounds were completely messed up

as for the dragging, it happens any time, injured or not, flat or slope, on a non dedicated server, with any unit. I have only been able to do it once, i retried it in similar circumstances, but no luck.

Under fire, or alone

edit

Also, is it possible for the player to call backup using the radio, or can only AI do it?

Quote[/b] ]Im having problems combining this with ECS mod..

When i do, i get no voices over the radio and some stuff is in german..

Any help?

Quote[/b] ]Correction, something ahs gone spectacularly wrong with my Arma install, the sounds for the menu and voice comms has completely messed up.

Therefore i may need to reinstall sad_o.gif

im putting this post here because after using SLZ with ECS my sounds were completely messed up

Please reinstall and start totally clean, use mod folders and please take the time to read through this topic when setting this mod up to work with other ones.

Quote[/b] ]as for the dragging, it happens any time, injured or not, flat or slope, on a non dedicated server, with any unit. I have only been able to do it once, i retried it in similar circumstances, but no luck.

Under fire, or alone

Strange stuff, does it work normally in single player? Do you use other mods? If so make sure you have the extended event handler from SLX in all the other mods that use XEH as well. It could be caused by two different XEH files.

Quote[/b] ]1) Removal of the smoke of dooooooom so I can use DM and Matt's, but at the same time...

2) Keep SLX's Tracers. For some reason I'm more keen on them and I'm really enjoying them. When I tried the technique as mentioned here it was geared more for those who desired to use 6th's and not SLX.

Did you do exactly what TB posted? or did you also remove the Bin folder? If so please put the bin folder back as SLX is not supposed to work without it. I'm no coder and this is all Solus his work so I can't help you with this.

Quote[/b] ]3) Removal of the sluggish reload time. I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm in a firefight and getting shot at, I'd make damn sure I reload as fast as I humanly can, hehe.

4) Keeping the animations except the one for carrying the launchers. My own back hurts like hell watching my character form an L-shape while sporting a AT or RPG on his back, hehe.

For this moment I say, please try to adjust your game style to the adjusted speed or wait untill Solus is back and have fixed this for you

And you play on 3rd person view don't you? Cause in 1st I don't see a difference and you're just keeping your head down. :P It's not affecting gameplay in any way it's a matter of personal taste, but some good coder would probably be able to point you to something inside the mod which you can switch on/off

Quote[/b] ]BTW, I see in the video the side-step from FFN in there, but no matter what I press my character doesn't do it? He just strafes really fast or really slow. but no fancy side step. If it's in there what give?

AI only, sorry.

Quote[/b] ]That's like the grenade animation too, I thought it would be like in AAO, but I keep getting the same old animation.

This is not in the video right? You only see this in the readme correct? Cause I don't think Solus ever managed to get this working but probably forgot to take it out of the Readme file.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, this is what I'd like to have done, if possible. Sorry I know I shouldn't have posted and all but there's over 13 pages and consistently growing fast. It's hard to keep up. Now I know how poor Para must feel going through all of this, lol.

I've posted a way to make it easier to find if something has been asked or not. And it isn't a crime to ask something mate wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you break down and go to dive out the window, ring me up, m8....we'll both go out at the same time! lol

Yeah... what's your number? Hehe don't worry about me wink_o.gif My window can't open fully and 18floors just looks to high to even think about tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit

Also, is it possible for the player to call backup using the radio, or can only AI do it?

AI only I'm affraid, well not totally you have the support menu for medic and such... you can't call them without a radio if they're further away than 300m. So that's what's the radio is for and if you realise that you make sure you'll never lose your radio guy out of sight wink_o.gif

Any public servers who is planning to use SLX?

I haven't seen anyone yet.

PS: I should probably put it in the bugtracker, but it seems to me like AIs have

a hard time getting themself to a medic when they are bleeding.

Besides that.. GREAT MOD biggrin_o.gif

hehe, you deserve a medal though, m8. I would have come close to strangling the nearest person or something, hehe. So I say we all say a nice thank you to para for putting up with our unceasing flood of questions. notworthy.gif

While we're at it I have more questions.... *unrolls the entire roll of toilet paper he used to write all his questions on and clears throat* <ahem>..... lol j/k j/k

Hehe, at any rate. Yeah as far as TB's method, I tried it without the bin. I guess that's why I got the smokey bullet trail but no tracers except the vanilla ArmA ones. I'll just keep them both there then and try again this time.

As far as 3P and 1P, I tend to play in 1p unless I'm driving. Otherwise I'm hitting every damn fence and lamp post like some drunk 80 year old blind driver. crazy_o.gif If I had to choose the reloading or the hunched over AT walk, I can live with the reloads. Then again that animation would be pretty neat to use when passing under low windows that OPFOR are around, hehe.

Ah ok so the grenade thing was only in the readme, and the side-step for AI only. I'm actually relieved, because I thought it was a bug at my end hehe. Hmmm, wonder if FFN Replacement would play nice with SLX.... *brainstorms*

Anyway, cheers for addressing my stupidity. You can come over to my place. The windows open and its only 8-9 foot drop, lol. rofl.gif

Awesome addon !

but what's with the slow movement of the weapon up/down ?

left/right is ok. It's like I'm moving my view, and the weapon slowly follows...

This mod is the best thing to happen to ArmA in awhile really makes the game a lot better.

Only one thing that bothers me is medics/corpsman often completely ignore a wounded man right besides him and instead engages the enemy. Several times I drag a wounded screaming man right next to a corpsman and he does nothing for him. I get attached to my men and it saddens me to see them bleeding, screaming, and dying next to a corpsman that could save his life. If solus could fix that somehow that would be awesome.

This mod is the best thing to happen to ArmA in awhile really makes the game a lot better.

Only one thing that bothers me is medics/corpsman often completely ignore a wounded man right besides him and instead engages the enemy. Several times I drag a wounded screaming man right next to a corpsman and he does nothing for him. I get attached to my men and it saddens me to see them bleeding, screaming, and dying next to a corpsman that could save his life. If solus could fix that somehow that would be awesome.

I will answer the other posts after some sleep don't you worry wink_o.gif

It's pretty hard to get AI prioritize wounded friendlies over engaging enemies. They don't really trust their teammates to handle it themselves wink_o.gif

So they wait for their leader to order them to disengage and when their status is set to something like "safe" they will go and search for wounded teammates. And sometimes they will indeed do nothing. This is because vanilla AI goes to medic and heal at medic, with SLX the medic actually performs the action most of the time.

But they sometimes still expect the wounded unit to come to their position, which they can't while screaming on the ground.

As long as there are guys like you in the team who at least stop the bleeding there is no problem with the medic killing everyone first before checking up teammates wink_o.gif

ADD from bugtracker:

Quote[/b] ]In ECS and maybe Wolfrug's DSAI they will keep saying they're bleeding even if they're only injured and not bleeding. The AI should be pretty good at determining if they're in cover and when bandage themselves.

-Solus

Yes Solus is sometimes able to respond in the bugtracker biggrin_o.gif Yay for my freetime icon_rolleyes.gif