Sign in to follow this  
T_bone

M1A1 Abrams by Mateck

And what do you want to tell me? icon_rolleyes.gif

Well you asked if they plan to equip it with........oooh, woops, misread, my apologies. Editing post now, I really shouldn't be on here at 3AM..

@ nikita320106 Oh not a problem, the height looks about right..I haven't stood by an abrams tank in Arma in awhile but I believe the height of the rear was about as tall as the grunts which would be accurate..

King Homer could probably say something more accurate to it. He is the Abrams Tank Guru afterall.

yay.gif

Thats looking really impressive. I cant wait for this to be released.

By the way, what do you mean by 'summer camouflage' ?

Is that some kind of woodland/green paint job version?

Nice work guys.

Hard to say right now, it may be improved stock ArmA paint job, or "fictional" based on MERDC camouflage from the 80's as a bonus. It all depends on reference material and... free time.

As for questions about TUSK, since Mateck wants to release M1A1 in near future, basic M1A1 is right now his primary concern. There is a lot of work on config ahead and we still need to find a way to make features like "commander must to open hatch to reolad M-2" tounge2.gif

That also looks quite good !

The second MG turret is quite welcomed... Is it functional only in turned out position or can it be fired from inside ?

Do you plan a replacement pack with this ?

Malick

It can be fired only from outside. There is a replacement pack.

Glad to hear it can only be fired from outside, is it possible to do this with the M1A1's 50cal as well?

Glad to hear it can only be fired from outside, is it possible to do this with the M1A1's 50cal as well?

The .50cal can be fired by the TC from the inside.

yup homer, that MCD. Yeah, the old days about east vs. west steel tractors are back! biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible in ArmA for the tanks to have cannon recoil, like in the videos more or less? Just curious.

yep, just requires and animation linked to the fired eventhandler, and a script that makes sure its the main gun thats been fired, rather than the coax.

Yes that is my point, outside of the TUSK kit I haven't seen anything about the TC being able to fire it from inside.

Thus I was asking if the non TUSK variants will be corrected in having the line of code (which I can't remember) that allows the TC to fire from inside removed.

THIS NEEDS TO BE RELEASED AS FUCKING SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

I have allwasy wanted two gunners in tank, and now I finally can shoot the RPG shootting ahmeds! exellent work!!

Please release one at time, I dont want to wait for all of em to get out thumbs-up.gificon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Yes that is my point, outside of the TUSK kit I haven't seen anything about the TC being able to fire it from inside.

Thus I was asking if the non TUSK variants will be corrected in having the line of code (which I can't remember) that allows the TC to fire from inside removed.

You're talking about "inGunnerMayFire" command for the config, but believe me, M1A1 TC are able to fire the M2 from the inside. Not only with the RCWS brought in by TUSK.

THIS NEEDS TO BE RELEASED AS FUCKING SOON AS POSSIBLE!!

I have allwasy wanted two gunners in tank, and now I finally can shoot the RPG shootting ahmeds! exellent work!!

Please release one at time, I dont want to wait for all of em to get out thumbs-up.gificon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]§12) Do not type in all capital letters

Typing in all caps equals according to standard net etiquette to yelling. It is also difficult reading such posts.

I also suggest you watch your words, especially with 3 warning levels.

Do the added MGs and things add a great number of extra

polygons? How does a platoon of those fare driving through a

battlefield littered with burning en vehicles?

Polygons aren't really the issue, I don't think. If he's using the BIS M240 and a suitable part of the M1 texture(s) remapped for the mount, then hopefully the section count will be kept low.

We tested this addon in large evo style mission on dedicated server, everything runs smooth, dont worry wink_o.gif

We tested this addon in large evo style mission on dedicated server, everything runs smooth, dont worry wink_o.gif

With what system spec`s did it run smooth?

Not all ArmA players (me included), do have the latest hardware.

ArmA works very well, but one unoptimized addon in use can change much. whistle.gif

Matecks work on Radeon X1950 PRO 256, AMD Athlon64 3800+, 1.5 GB RAM 400Mhz, Chieftec 400W wink_o.gif So its not a high end.

Small W.I.P on the main gun:

261660623ar6.jpg

electronic? cause CTIV means commander's thermal image viewer....

Cant wait I wonder when a real M1A2 with the new electronic commander sight will be made.

I'm working on a M1A2 wink_o.gif