Sign in to follow this  
T_bone

M1A1 Abrams by Mateck

@ April 22 2008,13:21)]
Also, in Blue_Flight's last post you can see a plate of armor on the side of the turret attached to the fencing. This is common on Abrams' in service.
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8072/crzyhrsetnk1hu2.jpg Strange cover on the side of turret, I'm guessing shade for water and things of that nature?

Its not armour, but an IFF panel. These slatted panels appear very very cold when viewed under thermal imaging, thus making the vehicles easily identifiable to friendly forces. Not much use beyond eyecandy in arma, since we dont have TI. Also, you'd be lucky if those IFF panels stop a 9mm parabellum round, let alone anything more powerful.

I did not take a look at these until DM quoted them. They are officially called CIPs (Combat Identification Panels). The have been around for several years now.

I'm not talking about the panel, I know what that is. But after looking harder I was mistaken, its not an extra addition, the side compartment door is just open.

I do not see any extra armor on top.  Perhaps you are referring to one of the turret bins being open?  Try marking up the picture to point out specifically what you are looking at.

@ April 22 2008,18:35)]I do not see any extra armor on top. Perhaps you are referring to one of the turret bins being open? Try marking up the picture to point out specifically what you are looking at.

You must have mistakenly read the quote.

I said that I was incorrect with it being extra armor and realised it was just an image with the turret bin/side compartment open wink_o.gif

@ April 22 2008,18:35)]I do not see any extra armor on top.  Perhaps you are referring to one of the turret bins being open?  Try marking up the picture to point out specifically what you are looking at.

You must have mistakenly read the quote.

I said that I was incorrect with it being extra armor and realised it was just an image with the turret bin/side compartment open wink_o.gif

No, but I started to respond to your original post before you edited it and did not check to see that you edited your comment before hitting the submit button.

wink_o.gif

@ April 23 2008,13:23)]No, but I started to respond to your original post before you edited it and did not check to see that you edited your comment before hitting the submit button.

wink_o.gif

Eh? All I did was take a "wink_o.gif" out of it because I felt it was sort of smart assy. Man there sure has been alot of confusion over this subject, heheh..

I may have had more I may not...I can't say for certain, I was a bit tired when I edited it but I'm pretty certain all I changed was removal of a smiley face.

Anyway, sorry about that.

We are open to any suggestions  smile_o.gif

If someone have any more suggestions on tank loadouts feel free to post it.

At this moment I configured loadout as in NonWonderDogs default M1A1 loadout. I hope he don't mind that I used he's ammo configuration wink_o.gif Ofcourse I will insert proper credits in ReadMe file on addon release.

One thing important to me is the proper amount of ammunition for the commander's machine gun.  The commander should have 900 rounds total for his weapon.  It has an elevation range of +65 degrees / - 10 degrees.

There have been many occasions when I was playing online and I would run out of ammo while operating the commander's weapon.  Hopefully you guys (as well as King Homer with his M1A2) will correct that as it would be very much appreciated.

@RobertHammer

Thank You for M240 sounds. Also maybe You have some M2 sounds? whistle.gif

@Apache-Cobra

Thank You for the armor plates smile_o.gif

BTW. I've got small problem with destruct material and maybe someone could help me with this.

Basically the question is: How to add destruct material to new objects or modified faces? I've modified a bit side armor and destruct material don't show up on some faces.

a1wn8.jpg

First, excellent work on the model.Second, I've watched your Youtube video and I think the reload sounds are a bit off.

Especially the actual reload sound is a direct copy from BF2, I'm fine with that, but the sound is actually from an autoloader whereas Abrams has manual loading. So we should be hearing clunking sounds of someone clearing the breach, and putting a live round in it with some clunky sounds smile_o.gif

No worries - it's already done.

Excellent.   biggrin_o.gif

BTW. I've got small problem with destruct material and maybe someone could help me with this.

Basically the question is: How to add destruct material to new objects or modified faces? I've modified a bit side armor and destruct material don't show up on some faces.

[imghttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4975/a1wn8.jpg[/img]

Maybe you are missing a texture? Maybe you edited the destroyed Abrams model? Open up the destroyed Abrams model and check to see if all the textures are there under the listing properly.

Maybe you are missing a texture? Maybe you edited the destroyed Abrams model? Open up the destroyed Abrams model and check to see if all the textures are there under the listing properly.

I fixed missing damage texture on that part, but still I have problem with adding damage textures to new objects. When I define path to destruct material in config.cpp under class damage it returns error Cannot load material... or something like that.

I cannot find any destroyed model where I can change textures or materials. I can see only damage hide selection and class damage in config.cpp.

At this moment this problem is not very important as I'm hiding every new object after Abrams is destroyed wink_o.gif

Well I suppose its not such a big deal but i know its little problems like that that bug the crap out of you tounge2.gif

Almost finished, because we don't have enough free time "final" version won't be much different then one you can see on screens. There are some details missing but we can't add more new objects at this time, maybe in the future.

uo0207xj3.jpg

abiqe6.jpg

uo0228ol0.jpg

uo0229xd0.jpg

This looks amazing! Thanks for all your work on this, can't wait to start using it.

Its really impressive work.

All we need now is put our hands in them smile_o.gif

Very nice! Hey, did you get any response from NonWonderDog? It would be awesome if you could use his Tank FCS with this abrams. Or is this tank not going to overwrite stock targetting?

Very nice! Hey, did you get any response from NonWonderDog? It would be awesome if you could use his Tank FCS with this abrams. Or is this tank not going to overwrite stock targetting?

At this moment we've got implemented ammo and armor parameters from NonWonderDogs Tank FCS. It will be possible to switch between two ammo loadouts, anti-tank and anti-personnel, via script command. New targeting system have not been implemented, yet. As soon as we find more time to take a look a this system we will try to add this to our Abrams. Also we didn't get any response from NonWonderDog wink_o.gif

For some reason that doesn't surprise me. He doesn't answer PMs really, and has generally been inactive lately ( as far as I know).

So let me get something straight... You are replacing the standalone addon with NWDs tank FCS... But without permission you cannot really release it..

With that in mind are you going to release it and the replacement PBO without the FCS? I personally dont have a problem with that as I could tweak the PBOs myself to work together. Something tells me NWD isnt going to be responding to your PM.