Sign in to follow this  
T_bone

M1A1 Abrams by Mateck

abrams2vp1.jpg

My friend Mateck is working right now on upgrade of BIS Abrams, its his first attempt in ArmA modding. New M1A1 is almost ready, there is still some work left on config but it should be released in a week or so.

Features:

- New texture.

- random markings.

- loader station with working M-240.

- new sounds for engine, turret, main gun, machineguns.

Planned versions:

- M1A2

- M1A2 TUSK

- IPM-1

- summer camouflage.

Promo movie:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EoilDbxoMJ0

abvramsia6.jpg

-

Looks good so far, but can you guys fix the thermal sleeve?  The way BIS modeled it is incorrect.

All I have to say is.........I wuv you. They're....*sniffle* beautiful.... *weeps with joy* wink_o.gif

@ April 14 2008,18:05)]Looks good so far, but can you guys fix the thermal sleeve? The way BIS modeled it is incorrect.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll see what I can do smile_o.gif

BTW, great touch on the markings. That's something I see a lot of on the military channel and surprised no one has done that in ArmA. I always got a kick out of some of the names they added, hehheh.

Thank god mate, thank god, the missing loader's M240 is one of the most annoying things about ArmA... and you've fixed it. Cheers. smile_o.gif

i would like to see any TUSK's operational photos...

Looks good.... Its allways kinda pissed me off about arma and ofp not having loaders in the abrams.... Would be kewl if you added an internal view and turn out for all the crew... they may be unnecessary adittions.... but its a shame their not in arma anyway. Anyway keep up the good work guys

yay.gif

Thats looking really impressive. I cant wait for this to be released.

By the way, what do you mean by 'summer camouflage' ?

Is that some kind of woodland/green paint job version?

Nice work guys.

I reckon so, hopefully. Be nice to see the standard NATO pattern ride once again ingame, haven't since Combat!'s gear in OFP.

Btw, it'd be nice if you could take a look at the M1A1 made by NonWonderDog and see if you could adopt the ballistics improvements he made there in these tanks. You could make NWD and non-NWD versions, but that's just me. Good work, in any case.

well if it has loader, why can't someone make shell loading anims, so that loader could be busy inside every time you fire the gun?

and you could make marines version of m1a1, with that "thing" on the turret instead of army's CTIV... (i forgot how it's called, but it's some sord of AT missile countermeasures):whi:

40b4_1_b.JPG

btw, forgot to say in my first post, this looks very promissing, keep up the good work wink_o.gif

well if it has loader, why can't someone make shell loading anims, so that loader could be busy inside every time you fire the gun?

and you could make marines version of m1a1, with that "thing" on the turret instead of army's CTIV... (i forgot how it's called, but it's some sord of AT missile countermeasures):whi:

btw, forgot to say in my first post, this looks very promissing, keep up the good work wink_o.gif

%Gedis in the last time i checked there is no interior to the bis model.

Mateck looks great. and correct me if i am mistaken but the m1a1 loader has the m240 with the full Stock .

keep on with the good work.

How about a scale of abrams model? It should seems that abrams to be much higher than default in arma?

[im]http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/97/9e/40b4_1_b.JPG[/img]

You mean the MCD - Missile Countermeasure Device.

It's a nice Abrams. Do you plan to equip the M1A1 aswell with TUSK or just the M1A2? And what about the ammunition loadout? Selectable or predefined - I mean more for urban combat or the AT role?

It's still WIP addon guys, so wait for new info. Mateck wants to release 100% worth tank. And yes - loader is busy while reloading the gun.

abramspromo1kw5.jpg

haha nice tank! Love the bad boys tag on the turret barrel! thumbs-up.gif

It really gives the tank a individual touch, would be cool if you could setup the system with user customizable set texture for mission editors, so we can change a txt piece into 101 army or bad boys for life or whatever on some sides of the tank smile_o.gif

to xnodunitx

o)yes.... sorry my engliz//

I had say that the "real")) abrams should be above than BIS's default (but I have understood that while - scales same as BIS)

thanx for clear reply))

to King Homer

yours OFP M1 work is best_of_best)) thanx alot from armour's fun))