Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

Anunnaki YOU'RE RIGHT ON THE MONEY! -connect=<ipadressofserver> -port=<port> was the difference between my two servers. I didn't think that would have any effect but it does! Mosh try it out it worked for the dualPIII it should work for you! Thx Anunnaki thumbs-up.gif

Does not work for me.

You can add that info to the game shortcut to try to connect (this was pointed out awhile back) to a server... but it doesn't always work.

As far as the server shortcut with that info, it made no difference, people still getting connection failed.

Just to clarify, I can always connect through in game browser (LAN or Internet) to my own server, just nobody else can.

Mosh

I too have been trying to host my own dedicated server and have not been able to clear the same obstacles mentioned by those here. My server shows up on the gamespy master list but all those trying to connect receive the message "connection failed." after a few seconds. However, connection through an IP works correctly if I make sure the server is private. I wish for this to be a public server, though, so the previous "solution" is not much of one.

All port forwarding and DMZ approaches have been tried, but there has been no change to the situation. Has anyone else made any progress? If so, please share your knowledge so we can all progress past this peculiar plight.

Thank you,

dRb

Wierd!? It's working for me. The settings I have on my router are same as it was originally. DMZ disabled and UPnP Disabled and the three ports open only. I'll leave the server on for an hour or two with the name "-REXXENEXX-".

The only thing I can think of that would stop it is a firewall on the server but you guys have been through that. crazy_o.gif

UPDATE: Mosh try going to the "Security>Firewall" tab and Disable SPI Firewall then stop (if open) then run the dedicated server.

Quote[/b] ]I'll leave the server on for an hour or two with the name "-REXXENEXX-".

Connecting failed...

Still suprised there is no official comment about this, just to reassure us we're not crazy.  whistle.gif

Mosh

Quote[/b] ]I'll leave the server on for an hour or two with the name "-REXXENEXX-".

Connecting failed...

Still suprised there is no official comment about this, just to reassure us we're not crazy. whistle.gif

Mosh

Did you just try like a min ago? I've been trying to see what would block and I figured out one of two under stateful packet inspection firewall options block trying to connect through using the WAN IP under MP Internet>Remote. On all occasions the server is visible under Internet and LAN. When I have SPI Firewall with "Block Anonymous WAN Requests (ping)" and "Filter IDENT (Port 113)" it doesn't show up under Remote. I'm playing now to find out, but one of them makes it unable to see through WAN IP Remote connection. Anyone else trying to connect?

Quote[/b] ]Did you just try like a min ago?

I tried several times, I tried a lot of empty servers after that. Only a few worked. I then tried yours again.

Connecting failed...

Yea I have 20-30 inbound to the server but none are connecting. I've tried everything, I guess we have to wait for a fix...

There is a temporary way to go around the server joining problem. You have to put the server IP-address directly into the command line of the shortcut with -connect parameter.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

C:\Program Files\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash -connect=81.8.236.101 -port=2303

You just have to find out the IP-address of the server you want to connect to first.

Quote[/b] ]You just have to find out the IP-address of the server you want to connect to first.

That works for some, but not all, servers. But it is definitely worth a try to get on your favorite server...

Here is something else I posted about that to help people figure out their favorite server's ip:

Server 1.11 IPs

I am trying IPCop today on an older system to use as a router to see if that does anything for me (no idea if it uses NAT or not, I just can't seem to give up).

Mosh

Out of memory in 1.11 that happened to me while playing Evo yesterday:

oommk1.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Array index out of range

Out of Memory

Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)

Virtual memory free 1116 MB (1171058688 B)

Physical memory free 930 MB (975851520 B)

Page file free 4095 MB (4294967295 B)

Process working set 531 MB (556957696 B)

Process page file used 533 MB (559747072 B)

Runtime reserved 544 MB (570425344 B)

Runtime committed 465 MB (487858176 B)

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 356 KB).

Reserved 294912 KB.

Total free 1328 KB

Free blocks 72, Max free size 327 KB

Link to 936925e0 (Obj-292,155:1504) not released

Link to 934925df (Obj-292,154:1503) not released

Link to 9369261b (Obj-292,155:1563) not released

Link to 9368fd7c (Obj-287,155:1404) not released

Link to 9348ffdf (Obj-287,154:2015) not released

Link to 9348fd76 (Obj-287,154:1398) not released

Link to 9308fc33 (Obj-287,152:1075) not released

Link to 9308fc2c (Obj-287,152:1068) not released

Link to 9328f126 (Obj-286,153:294) not released

Link to 9308f109 (Obj-286,152:265) not released

Link to 9348f125 (Obj-286,154:293) not released

Link to 9348ffbd (Obj-287,154:1981) not released

Link to 9407ff29 (Obj-255,160:1833) not released

Link to 928752e5 (Obj-234,148:741) not released

Link to 92a76290 (Obj-236,149:656) not released

Link to 92a7650a (Obj-236,149:1290) not released

Link to 92a758aa (Obj-235,149:170) not released

Link to 92875b2c (Obj-235,148:812) not released

Link to 92875b23 (Obj-235,148:803) not released

Link to 928754a5 (Obj-234,148:1189) not released

Link to 92875b38 (Obj-235,148:824) not released

Link to 92476388 (Obj-236,146:904) not released

Link to 92276200 (Obj-236,145:512) not released

Link to 90273f64 (Obj-231,129:1892) not released

Link to 90c7374f (Obj-230,134:1871) not released

Link to 93e5f046 (Obj-190,159:70) not released

Link to 99455151 (Obj-170,202:337) not released

Link to 99454aad (Obj-169,202:685) not released

Link to 992552a4 (Obj-170,201:676) not released

Link to 9c467482 (Obj-206,226:1154) not released

Link to 9d669b3c (Obj-211,235:828) not released

Link to 9e883dc1 (Obj-263,244:1473) not released

Link to 9d285083 (Obj-266,233:131) not released

Link to 9d28484d (Obj-265,233:77) not released

Hello

I've kind of gone back to 1.09 as 1.11 had major LOD/texture streaming errors.

Also a reduction in FPS.

1.09 will still have Texture probs after a while (10 mins or entering city) but not to the extent that 1.11 has for me.

I tried combinations of command line switches. to no avail.

Dell e520

SB Audigy Platinum (origional vers)

Nvidia 7950gt KO

1gig Ram

550 psu

XP Home

Oh, and Sprocket version of arma (now running english version, gave up on Sprock czech!wink_o.gif

I too was unable to connect when I first installed 1.11, but it cleared up after a day or so, so I assumed it was a server setting that folks changed on their servers.

Now I have gone back to 1.09 (albeit by renaming old beta folders so that may cause issues) I cant connect to any game.

Still, at least I can play SP.

Rgds

LoK

Why is it always like this...I mean this is a great game,but full of bugs!Most of them are corrected via patches,but the most annoying ones like the texture switchings and crazy frames when looking at specific vegetation objects aren't.Can you imagine ArmA working fine,with no texture bugs and the vegetation isn't causing your machine to explode.It'll be just awesome!But,it's not like that...for now,ofcourse.Maybe they'll release a patch that will fix that.I'm mostly hoping that ArmA 2 will be a lot better (as bug free as possible smile_o.gif ) .Oh and now on the theme...I found one bug in the new beta patch 1.11 - you can see the sun through some mountians.I don't have a screen right now,but I can post one later.Cya wink_o.gif

Oh and now on the theme...I found one bug in the new beta patch 1.11 - you can see the sun through some mountians.I don't have a screen right now,but I can post one later.Cya wink_o.gif

Yes i can confirm this....

Yes iv just got Wueens gambit and its at 1.08 i would like to update it to the 1.11 patch but how would i do this? What would i put in the target line? Plz some one help me on this give me an example.

hello there,

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1;cwr;@ECS;@Truemods;@UI;@VFAI;@ArmAEffects;@SIX_Pack1;@fromz;@RD;@RH -nosplash -maxmem=512

is the cmd line im using (for any patch)

simplified you need summit like this.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash -maxmem=512

Obviously you need to cahnge the location to suit yours.

rgds

LoK

PS if im wrong please accept my ap[ologies, but it works for me smile_o.gif

There is a temporary way to go around the server joining problem. You have to put the server IP-address directly into the command line of the shortcut with -connect parameter.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

C:\Program Files\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta -nosplash -connect=81.8.236.101 -port=2303

You just have to find out the IP-address of the server you want to connect to first.

I can now confirm that this post will result in connection EXCEPT that the port is 2302 !

Prior to this I could host any games but this evening, having read this post I first of all - opened ports 2302, 2303 and 2305 (just in case!wink_o.gif

Then I applied the 1.11 patch again (over my reverted to 1.09)

I ran a server and told my friends to add -connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port 2302 into their beta directory commandline.

AND BEHOLD IT WORKED.

We played with all the good things that people have been saying (increased performance etc) for 4 hours straight.

I hope this helps. The key thing was port 2302 for us.

[TAO] Kremator

hello there,

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1;cwr;@ECS;@Truemods;@UI;@VFAI;@ArmAEffects;@SIX_Pack1;@fromz;@RD;@RH -nosplash -maxmem=512

is the cmd line im using (for any patch)

simplified you need summit like this.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;DBE1 -nosplash -maxmem=512

Obviously you need to cahnge the location to suit yours.

rgds

LoK

PS if im wrong please accept my ap[ologies, but it works for me smile_o.gif

ok iv tryed that and i get this No entry 'bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'. Then crash back to desk top with Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod. What do i do plz help.

Make sure you dont put the semi colen after the last mod on your target line, thats the error i get when i have the ; at the end of the last mod listed

Quote[/b] ]ok iv tryed that and i get this No entry 'bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'. Then crash back to desk top with Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod. What do i do plz help.

Yours is probably different than mine, but this should help...

Right click on your shortcut and hit properties.

This is my Target:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">E:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=beta

This is my Start in:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">E:\ArmA

Note there is no 'beta' in the start in line.

The target line points to where the beta exe is, while the start in line should point to your main ArmA folder.

I hope this helps (and I hope I made sense).

Mosh

Hello,

I feel a bit daft, but the errors I had connecting were down to my firewall which has been acting odd recently.

All sorted now.

Sorry for being thick.

Still have the LOD/texture/fps probs with 1.11.

rgs

LoK

i had texture and lod issues with 1.11 also when running it standard.

so i went back to my 1.09 setting of using -vm108 and -maxmem1023

this works better in 1.11 than it did in 1.09 for me. much reduced texture and lod issues.

but wouldnt this be overriding the new memory allocation magic that BIS has recently developed? or is it working in conjuction with the new tech?

What is the "-vm108" command for?Is it for the virtual memory?If it is,how much should you set it at?Does it depend on the amount of virtual memory you have at the moment?And what does it do?

P.S. Sorry for the little offtopic icon_rolleyes.gif

What is the "-vm108" command for?Is it for the virtual memory?If it is,how much should you set it at?Does it depend on the amount of virtual memory you have at the moment?And what does it do?

P.S. Sorry for the little offtopic icon_rolleyes.gif

Dwarden explained this to me and it is to make the game use the same memory handling as it did with 1.08. This in case you have troubles using 1.11 but not 1.08.

I hope I said this correctly, dont shoot me if I am a bit wrong goodnight.gif