Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

I don't know whether it's 1.11 or catalyst 8.3, but finally, my crossfire works consistently with ArmA!

Big ups!

edit: whoops, wrong thread! I meant to post this in the feedback thread.

Good morning to y'all

i am sitting here at my brothers house and tried to install the 1.11 patch on his machine but each time we try to run arma we get this error:

Bild3.jpg

we upgraded from 1.08 to 1.11, so no 1.09.

his specs are:

ATI Radeon X1950XTX

Intel Core 2 2,4 GhZ

2GB Ram

but over at my house i had no problems installing and running Arma with the 1.11 patch.

we are running his Arma with the parameters:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash

and yes, we did a quick search through the forums

thx in advance

maatz

There's the problem. It should be:

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta

Notice the word 'beta' appears in two places there.

Update your shortcut.

You must run: ArmA\beta\arma.exe

while the "Start in" or otherwise known as "Working Folder" must remain to be set to just ArmA, not ArmA\beta

There's the problem. It should be:

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta

Notice the word 'beta' appears in two places there.

alright, i tried that now, but now i get this error:

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\IFC22.DLL is no windows file.

i got this IFC22.dll in both beta folder and in the Arma directory!

thanks very much so far for your help!

Hi Hoot !

I don´t know if this is of any help for you but I´m using the Leadtek 94.24 Nvidia driver with my 7600 GT AGP as all newer version gave me no performance boost and those drivers seem to be the fastest ones for that card.

I don´t know if it will help you with your card though but maybe it´s worth a try.

Yeah sounds good, i also thought to visit guru3d to get some intel on what drivers are best for my old 6800GT. The driver that came with the card is one of the old 7x.xx that has the video bug if someone remembers. Colors in videos looked like they were just 4bit EGA(*), games on the other worked fine with the usual 32bit.

I'll give those 9x.xx a try. Thanks so far.

(*) That reminds me of when i was encoding VGA graphics into EGA with WingCommander 2 during the 90's in an eight hours setup marathon. When it finished the next morning at 0600 i decided to not to go to school. Wooooaaaaaa - Those were the days :P

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Fixed

Same problem here :

We can't join an MP game using 1.11. I'm talking about non-dedicated server, that is from one computer to another.

"Connexion failed"

What did you mean by "fixed" ?

Nobody's got this problem ?

It's quite easy to test it : just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

Forgot to mention : I don't have queen gambit.

P.S. stop posting : "Yeah, it works" or your FPS. It's a troubleshooting thread.... wink_o.gif

Well, looks like Kremator and KeyCat are experiencing the same problem...

(see here : http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....229393)

Let's hope BIS hurry for a fix sad_o.gif

Could someone else try this to reproduce the problem ?

just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

It was working on 1.09 and earlier versions.

@Nikoo: Yep, i can confirm this. Also 1.09b was making problems, 1.08 did not, so the quality of my confirmation may be a little lidded. The newest effect is, that our 1.08 server won't announce itself at gamespy using the very same config like before - but here i think, we have some trouble with our new machine. Trouble our admin cannot locate. I guess folks at BIS have banned us :P

I've heard the Easter bunnies whispering about a hotfix after Easter for this beta. But neither i know whether or not a hotfix will actually be released, nor do i know what if yes, the fix will address.

I hope a easter rabbits commando will paradrop with chocolates and huge FIX xmas_o.gif

@Maatz:

That's because you didn't setup the Working Folder correctly.

@Server Join Problem:

The problem only occurs in certain NAT situations.

BI Will look into it this Tuesday.

I also hope they will be able to supply the hotfix for it then.

I tried "-vm108" and it didn't help. It just made performance even worse sad_o.gif

This is the problem:

Quote[/b] ]While I'm playing my frame rate will drop, then an Alt-Tab out and back in the game will bring it up again for a while.

It's nothing to do with HDD activity/texture loading, because everything looks fine and there is no HDD activity.

More info in my posts on page 7 of this thread.

I tried dropping texture detail and messing with the VSync in desperation. Didn't help.

It seems to just be a 1.11 issue for me.

When the game is running smoothly, it runs better than in any earlier version. But it doesn't stay like that for long.

Hey Matt; Tried running on windowed moded for a while?

running 1.11 i can play single player with out issue but as soon as i hit the MP button arma CTD's with out any hints in the RTP on why. I'm gonna uninstall 1.09 and then reinstall 1.11 maybe this will fix it.

AT

::edit::

Clean install arma 1.08 updated to 1.11 hit MP can CTD any advise?

My RPT file i used My GF pc as i doing work on my rig

RPT

fix this issue it was battle eye being detected/blocked as a suspect file by my anti virus network. to fix i just allowed it to pass and hey presto no more mp crashes

@Maatz:

That's because you didn't setup the Working Folder correctly.

thanks mate, but i am afraid i don't understand what you mean!? crazy_o.gif

Tried it. Same problem sad_o.gif

Except this time I couldn't 'alt-tab' in the same way as when the game is in full screen, so I couldn't do anything about the bad performance. I tried minimising.

Only running the game in full screen and alt-tabbing when the FPS drops seems to keep performance up.

Using the FLUSH cheat doesn't help, so I guess it's nothing to do with textures or VRAM.

@all with no sky

could you check if you have waves on the ocean? If not it could be a wrong island config with missing wheather stuff. But I doubt that you are suffering from this.

im not seeing waves but , i do see the water texture

You have any addon installed and could you post your rpt with the part that is saying "Updating class-> ..."?

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat Mar 22 15:19:47 2008

build 1.11.5244

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation completed

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

seems ok. must be exe problem then.

so TD what should i do?

I've been able to connect to a v1.11 server that was unapproachable by creating a shortcut that will open a connection straight away, e.g.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -noland -world=empty -connect=<IP address> -port=2302 -mod=betaYou could try and see if that works for you.

I wonder that so many people have problems with Alt+Tab in ArmA. I can use Alt+Tab that often i wanted to, no need to run ArmA in windowed mode. Maybe it`s because i use Win2k Prof., but i`ll give it a try with Vista Home Premium after i have updated to SP1.

seems ok. must be exe problem then.

That's what I figured. In any case, I hope BIS is aware of this since it was introduced in the 1.09 beta. If not, they should be notified.

Would someone (perhaps with a little more free time than I) be willing to compile all the information gathered about this bug from both 1.09 and 1.11, and submit it to BIS?

Should contain something like a detailed description of the problem (including the reasons to suspect it to be an exe problem), a list of forum members who've experienced it, their specs (if they posted them), the details of how they installed and ran the patch (again, if available), the observations we've made and links to any topics or significant posts relating to it.

Personally I'm not too concerned about it, though it is annoying. Directly informing BI would be helpful however if this is to be fixed.

Tried it. Same problem sad_o.gif

Except this time I couldn't 'alt-tab' in the same way as when the game is in full screen, so I couldn't do anything about the bad performance. I tried minimising.

Only running the game in full screen and alt-tabbing when the FPS drops seems to keep performance up.

Using the FLUSH cheat doesn't help, so I guess it's nothing to do with textures or VRAM.

I found the problem. I had my PC overclocked, and it seems like it can't handle these settings any more. Maybe some dust somewhere.

Well I went back to stock clock frequency's for everything for now and Arma 1.11 is running great smile_o.gif

Now I just need to clean my PC to see if I can use those settings again confused_o.gif

I realised it was overclocking related because some graphical glitches showed up earlier.

But for the server... I had it running 1.11 for a day now and finally realized nobody can connect. I can, so I didn't notice the problem until a buddy tried to join.

Anyways, I know a lot of people are having this problem. Some have posted about it. And I have tried several servers that have connecting issues also.

I have tried everything. I have the correct ports open (2402-2405 UDP). I tried in DMZ mode. I tried unplugging the router and connecting straight through. I had Battleye on and off (I would like to use it though). No luck. I had no problems with any other versions. I use Charter cable, behind a linksys WRT54GS... in case this info is useful. My server config is fine too (I think).

I was just wondering for those who have it up and running (with people on, there's a few servers out there working), could you pass a few hints along? I know others would be interested as well.

If this has already been answered, please excuse my retardedness... I looked everywhere before I posted.

Thanks,

Mosh

Still no solution for this? Our (remote, hosted) server doesn't show on the list. But!!!... once it shuts down, it becomes visible for a minute, but no one can connect then, as it has shut down by then. icon_rolleyes.gif

BE on or off doesn't make a difference...

Server is a Quadcore Q6600, 3GHz, 1GB DDR2.

So anyone know why when I put Battleye=0; into server.cfg it does not turn off battleye?