Sign in to follow this  
walker

t5th Internet Cable Cut

Its conclusive, only a monster of magnitude could possibly pull it off....

Thats or joos? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Professional terrorist fear monger Annie Jacobsen says Middle Eastern governments are lying about the real reason for the cuts.

Hahahaha, more reporting like this is needed! rofl.gif (I.E. Reporting these idiots for what they actually are)

It was definitely Godzilla! rofl.gif

But, I'm amazed at the ship design of some of those cable repair ships... I mean, having a helo pad at the fore-front and so high... crazy_o.gif

I think it would be fair to say that most of us don't have any idea as to what caused it.

My guess, either a fishing trawler or some power that be, is, pardon the pun, testing the waters.

To what ends? Your guess is as good as mine. But if all this was just "shit happening", the data

from this could be useful to somebody, somewhere, sometime.

Guest Ti0n3r

I blame it on The big rip.

Or maybe the cable got worn out whistle.gif

If it's the same type of cable I don' think it would be very strange. You have thousands of miles of cable. Errors based on time/age could appear about at the same time. Say the probability of errors dramatically increases by some percent (=a lot, long cable) after a certain period of time. Then it would be enough if only a very small part of the cable is damaged.

There could be built in errors, don't know if the market of oceanic cables is big. If not, it would be profitable to make it fail. Earlier, and probably now too, they used to make cars that required service more often. Changing a simple light on many new cars, requires special service.

That Israel option is interesting but nothing has happened. And of course it wouldn't spoil the element of surprise as it's unknown who did it if any.

Space Aliens. Who else. They are the most obvoius choice!

<.< >.>

Guest RKSL-Rock

OK i admit it.... it was me and a pair of wire cutters... huh.gif

It's not really an uncommon occurence, data cables get damaged & repaired all the time, but once something like this gets over the news threshold, all subsequent cases will also be reported. Hence it seems that all of a sudden internet is being cut off...

...and do they know for sure the cable was "cut"? Who made/laid the cable? If it was a lowest bidder contract then maybe they got their moneys worth.

Should have added better consipracy theories like:

-Space born weapons testing

-Chinese testing info-war techniques for attack on Tawian or US

-Iran buys diesel sub from China and crew cant read the controls...

I downloaded the internet via the link to Iran and broke the line. Sorry.

typical mass hysteria and urban myths ...

Quote[/b] ]

Cable cuts happen on average once every three days," Beckert said. There are 25 large ships that do nothing but fix cable cuts and bends.

also out of these 5 cuts , one is power failure and one was cable fail from sometime ago ...

if nothing it speaks about need to improve safety of subsea cables ....

HEY! When governments tax your booze and smokes

to the high heavens,

you tend to have too much time to think.

And drugs are illegal in most countries too.

But those make you even more paranoid.

Hummmm.