Sign in to follow this  
moricky

Time Paradox

Hello everyone,

I found pretty interesting bug in ArmA - it freezes everything, just like setacctime 0 - but you can still move around and do nasty things wink_o.gif

It can be useful for taking screens or videos, but makers of horror missions can find it interesting too smile_o.gif

Look at

or DOWNLOAD demo mission for more information.

stra_timeparadox.jpg

Nice Find smile_o.gif its realy a strange feeling when u stop a comlete battelfield and walk through it.

Very interesting find!

I can't seem to get time reaccelerated to normal for everyone else afterwards though... must just be part of the way the bug works.

Set duration var to lower value or use higher acctime value (-1 instead of -10). After some time, it will all return to normal.

WOW i can see some amazing videos with this. Make a Video like the HALO Website.. where everyone is frozen and you fly around the battle.

one of rare bugs which are more like features smile_o.gif

• Haha 1

one of rare bugs which are more like features smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif right

Nice find Gaia

This is pretty cool biggrin_o.gif

I notice the sky in your video looks different to the ArmA sky, at least from what I recall. Just wondering about that whistle.gif

WOW i can see some amazing videos with this. Make a Video like the HALO Website.. where everyone is frozen and you fly around the battle.

yeah for movies, intros.. its great... or for just having fun smile_o.gif

But guess it doesn't work in multiplayer right?

Well, it's too late to think about the release now but I hope it doesn't turn into another mp cheat.

So is the effect strictly bound to AI units?

Don't worry - setacctime don't work in MP wink_o.gif

Actually, it freezes everything, including player. But player is in vehicle and when you get him out, he is able to move again. Same for AI.

I know this thread is rather old, but the Time Paradox script is the closest thing I can find to do what I want in ARMA2.

My problem is that I want to be able to end the time paradox at will, hopefully with another radio trigger.

I changed the original trigger activation field from

duration = 2; sqf = [] spawn {setacctime -100; tt = time; waituntil {abs(tt -time) > -(duration*(acctime))};setacctime 1; player setpos [position player select 0,position player select 1,0]};";

to this:

timein = 0;sqf = [] spawn {setacctime -60; waituntil {timein > 0}; setacctime 1; player setpos [position player select 0,position player select 1,0]};

I change the "timein" variable to "timein = 1" in a different radio trigger activation field.

The results are . . . bizzare and certainly not what I was hoping for.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or perhaps a better way of ending the time free at will.