Sign in to follow this  
Voidworm

ArmA 2 on PlayStation 3

stupid decision, stupid.

now you gonna go concentrate on PS3 and leave us here to play with no patch!!!

test;l;l

A hidden bump to see if there is community support for a PS3 version? :p

What is this, I don't even?

It was english, pure and simple.

The closer to release videos we run on an Xbox360, more accurately demonstrations of vehicles, renders and such, noted by the control prompts being displayed as the buttons on a 360 controller.

stupid decision, stupid.

now you gonna go concentrate on PS3 and leave us here to play with no patch!!!

What you wittering on about?

A hidden bump to see if there is community support for a PS3 version? :p

I'm afraid not no, needed a quick test of the Email tracking system which had stopped working and this is one thread I'd been tracking as people had been naughty in it before ;)

It was english, pure and simple.

The closer to release videos we run on an Xbox360, more accurately demonstrations of vehicles, renders and such, noted by the control prompts being displayed as the buttons on a 360 controller.

One of the video reviews for the game (I think Gametrailers) showed gameplay with Xbox360 controller buttons too, were they playing the Xbox version too? :rolleyes:

In my oppinion ArmA will not be released on consoles due to the much higher percentage of console gamers with no internet connection compared to PC gamers. If ArmA was released in its PC state on consoles, a lot of gamers would be left with very broken games with no way out. No plublisher would ever take that risk.

You basically need a dedicated team for the PS3 as it's very hard to code on and given that they have no experience in the platform, I doubt they'll start now. It's a shame really, considering how strong the PS3 is and how it has a unified HW base.

It's encourage! Though playing AA2 on PS3 will remove some functions and make the game become less real. But it can let more players know about AA2 who plays PS3 mostly, earn more money is not a bad idea, more capital means BI can operate better and bring a better military simulator to us, right?

the ps3 can handle arma no problems,even surpass the pc version,shame its a bitch to develop on.....

the ps3 can handle arma no problems,even surpass the pc version,shame its a bitch to develop on.....

yup, you got that right, sony screwed us up, never console again be it ps3 or microsoft, i got rid of her, she is with someone else now doing :yay:

Please tell me you're joking, otherwise I will lose all faith in humanity and might aswell take some 9mm aspirin.

yup, you got that right, sony screwed us up, never console again be it ps3 or microsoft, i got rid of her, she is with someone else now doing :yay:

Hey yeah, 250 million transistors is sooo much better than 750 million... :p

but you serious it even coming out for xbox? all i can say is hurting man hurting...

oh sorry ARMA (my heads in Arma2 mode.) yeah prolly can. Wait a sec, OP said arma2. No... seriously doubt it.

Please tell me you're joking, otherwise I will lose all faith in humanity and might aswell take some 9mm aspirin.

Nooooooooo... He was joking or or ummm... He is not to be considered an example of humanity! Give me the gun... thank you. All will be ok. :D

I think I may have expressed this notion before, but it bears repeating. If they port to the 360 it'll be excellent for all parties. BIS will have to do some serious re-tooling of their engine for it to past mustard on that platform. And I believe those improvements and their new source of income from console sales will be applied to the PC version so that all will benefit. As for the PS3, well mutliplatforms are getting better and better on that platform. And Uncharted 2 was amazing, so I suspect despite the foreign architecture, Sony must have made great progress in their tool-kits for developers. It could happen.

IF it does come to the PS3, I don't think you'll see a lot of kiddies pick it up, if it is marketed as a MILSIM. Sell it as the next MW2 only better, and the they may come at first, but leave just as quickly, when they realize what the game is really about. They have a very short attention span, and jump from game to game.

That's a horrible thing to say.

None of the things you said about kids are true. They are very dedicated gamers. I played a lot of the original Operation Flashpoint when I was 15. I also loved Comanche: Maximum Overkill, Abrams Battle Tank and F-15 Strike Eagle II when I was seven and later.

Jump from game to game? I was never more dedicated to one game then when I was little. When I got Stunts, I spent countless hours on it, constantly making new maps (it had a map maker) and playing through them.

Very short attention span??? Are you talking about goldfish here???

Your post can be summed up in one word: prejudice. Some adults (okay, most adults) are completely blind.

None of the things you said about kids are true. They are very dedicated gamers. I played a lot of the original Operation Flashpoint when I was 15. I also loved Comanche: Maximum Overkill, Abrams Battle Tank and F-15 Strike Eagle II when I was seven and later.

Jump from game to game? I was never more dedicated to one game then when I was little. When I got Stunts, I spent countless hours on it, constantly making new maps (it had a map maker) and playing through them.

Your post can be summed up in one word: prejudice. Some adults (okay, most adults) are completely blind.

Well spoken:)

Prejudice is bad habit which seem to come with age (48 here and having trouble to keep all that stuff off my back;))

I'm 14, play ArmA 2 alot aswell as games such as DCS Blackshark, Flight Sim X and IL-2 Sturmovik.

I must say I do agree with him, most console gamers are children and most children do indeed have a low attention span. Most console gamers would probably not even try ArmA 2, hell, alot of PC gamers don't even like ArmA 2 because there is no jump button!

i play ps3 and would like to say that there arnt alot of children. i play mw2, opf dragon rising. and if arma 2 were to come to ps3 it would make alot of money.. i my-self love games like this... and so do my friends. and we are hoping they do release arma 2 for the playstation 3.

I dont know.

My two cents are that why cant we have a PC exclusive Game, it seems the such a concept is no longer possible in todays market.

There are plenty of games exclusive to Ps3 or Xbox, so why cant Arma2 be exclusive to PC .

JUst an oppinion, not really up for discussion.

my thoughts exactly.

whats even more depressing is ofpdr drops support, and they flood over to arma2 begging for a console version.

im sure theyll make it, they wont argue to taking your money

and i could care less, just as long as PC support and development doesnt lose priority. if that happens ill be royally pissed

Eventually I think that retail PC games will be phased out entirely, it is undeniably a dieing market, eventually gaming companies will not see the point in producing PC games anymore.

To fill this void, modders and programers from all over the internet will create an alternative industry of free, downloadable and open-source games.

Since games made by this system would be free, the developers would probably put more effort into making a good game for the sake of making a good game rather than advertising and money-making.

So in a way, this market decline could be the best thing that's happened to the PC gaming industry yet.