Sign in to follow this  
Voidworm

ArmA 2 on PlayStation 3

what really made me laugh in BF2 was that troops took lots of punishment, yet tanks died with 1 AT round, talk about 1 sided lol

First, I would LOVE ArmA II to be released for the PS3. BI, Please being it to the system.

IF it does come to the PS3, I don't think you'll see a lot of kiddies pick it up, if it is marketed as a MILSIM. Sell it as the next MW2 only better, and the they may come at first, but leave just as quickly, when they realize what the game is really about. They have a very short attention span, and jump from game to game.

Well I do hope that if/when ArmA 2 is released for Console they offer keyboard and mouse support (which can be provided for on both the MeXbox 360, and PS3)... Operation Flashpoint 2 Fans have petitioned strongly for this support and it looks like they're going to get it...

:)

We need ArmA2 for PS3!!

I really hope we get this.... Let's just keep our hopes up for now!

(We need a die hard war sim).... I'm don't like COD and BF i want this and Operation Flashpoint 2

Well I'm getting OFP2 on PS3 so unless ArmA II is on PS3 it looks like OFP2 will hold that crown :)

Hi, i been reading as a unregistered guest since a couple of month, but i thought it was time to make a statement about a Arma2 ps3 version.

I hope you guys make it possible, i know its a money factor, the xbox360 community is bigger, PC is first, which i respect.

I used to be a day one Ofp Player/PC Gamer for years, but switched to consoles two years back, because i am past 30 and don´t have hours of time to play every day.

I know a lot of former PC Players that now play on consoles and are really waiting for a game like this.

I think a game like this would work on a console, even if many pc gamers state the opposit ( playing with a controller works!)and there are no alternatives on the console market.

Only OFP DR confirmed, but without a mission editor (suxxs).

Not many console gamers even know about a (maybe) release on consoles.

Make it possible and don´t forget there is a hardcore gamer crowd on consoles (xbox/ps3)!!!

/sry about my bad grammar, me is german :yay:

i have a ps3 and i wouldnt buy it for the playststion 3 i love the ,W,S,D,A keys to much rather than anologue stick.The mouse is super responsive to turning, and anologue stick seems slow and clunky, dont get me wrong some games like driving benifit from the anolog stick but this game im not so sure, but either way be very nice to see this game reach a broader open market on xbox 360 and ps3.

ive played my playststion for like a year and a bit since leaving battlefield 2 , but its gonna be rotting away once ARMA2 is finnaly released.

I've basically quit using my PS3 at this point. They screwed SOCOM up so bad, I don't have really anything to play on it. BFBC is a joke.

I just picked up ArmA awhile back, and playing it. Fantastic game with ACE mod.

I play MGS4, KZ2 etc on PS3, can be very fun :D

Never got SOCOM myself, the price told me it was iffy at best

I just hope ArmA II comes to PS3 ;)

man all the games out on consoles are very restrictive, killzone, socom , there is nothing that will might up against ARMA2.i have a feeling that ARMA2 will be the next battlefield2 the ARMA community is absolutley awsome, im thankfull of its development as ive been wanting a game of this criteria for a long time and now its here.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but it seems to me the likihood of a PS3 version of ArmA II is rather remote... BI's 'Real Virtuality' engine is a DirectX engine and would require someone to write an OpenGL render backplane for the PS3 -- which would be an enormous undertaking...

While I'd personally would vote for such an effort as that would give BI, and ArmA platform indepedence from Microsoft, so the game could run not only on the PS3, but Linux, OS/X, and just about anything else that's 3D render capapble (UNIX variants, handhelds etc.) the volume of work is of such a scale that I can't imagine we'd see it till RV3.5 or 4, if ever.

:butbut:

If the Sony-Intel deal is true, the brawn of Intel might finally push OpenGL (and OpenCL) to modern standards.

Hopefully we'll be released from the DirectX API at that point.

christ dont mention BRAWN for gods sake ive had it with brawn gp, ive had it up to the neck with barrichello and button and there one way formula1 tier , what the hell has happend to F1 :(

hahaha oh dear... Guys just give up. Seriously, if you want to play ARMA2 with all the bells and whistles: buy a PC. How can you even settle with a mupped down editor, less addon support (or none at all) in a game like this? This game is made with all that in mind. To expand it beyond its original idea. You will miss that out. I mean im on your side here guys. I just dont want you to miss out on the juicy stuff that makes ARMA - ARMA.

Get a PC now! Freedom & Creativity will prevail! :D

Alex

If the Sony-Intel deal is true, the brawn of Intel might finally push OpenGL (and OpenCL) to modern standards.

Hopefully we'll be released from the DirectX API at that point.

Keep hopeing! And even if DX to OGL API were ever to come about it would rather inefficient, and of dubious benefit for Microsoft to allow... The rewards are there for BI to write a OGL renderer for their engine -- it just doesn't look like something that will happen soon.

:)

Edited by Hoak

christ dont mention BRAWN for gods sake ive had it with brawn gp, ive had it up to the neck with barrichello and button and there one way formula1 tier , what the hell has happend to F1 :(
Well the Brawn GP car obviously has the best chassis and a top tier engine.

Jenson and Rubinho are both still good drivers.

Hamilton doesn't stand a chance without the developing input and telemetry of Alonso.

Ferrari, McLaren and Honda must be pulling their hairs out...

Brilliant! :D

Please stay on topic.

Long term PS3 owner, it just wont work on a PC - the fidelity of aiming control needed is not compatible with a controller.

Long term PS3 owner, it just wont work on a PC - the fidelity of aiming control needed is not compatible with a controller.

Yes but still developers can give us mouse support on PS3 if the game will come out on this platform. And please dont start writing that mouse and keyboard support is unfair on ps3 etc because everyone can connect those.:yay:

Yes but still developers can give us mouse support on PS3 if the game will come out on this platform. And please dont start writing that mouse and keyboard support is unfair on ps3 etc because everyone can connect those.:yay:

Yup. i think many already HAVE a keyboard for there ps3 to type stuff in etc :) if not, grab a mouse and keyboard from a pc :P

Any official info about ps3 release :confused:

72;1289012']hahaha oh dear... Guys just give up. Seriously' date=' if you want to play ARMA2 with all the bells and whistles: buy a PC. How can you even settle with a mupped down editor, less addon support (or none at all) in a game like this? This game is made with all that in mind. To expand it beyond its original idea. You will miss that out. I mean im on your side here guys. I just dont want you to miss out on the juicy stuff that makes ARMA - ARMA.

Get a PC now! Freedom & Creativity will prevail! :D

Alex[/quote']

i already did that, i gave away my PS3 to my brother and put a decent PC.

Asus P5Q Deluxe, 4GB Ram, ATI 4830, E8400. I'm never again buying a console after i saw the difference in gaming between PC versus PS3/Xbox360. If you live in Canada, go shop for parts from the US since our loony is going up again against the US dollar i.e buffolo or detroit, you'll pay less taxes :-)

Ah, but a PS3 costs about £300 and lasts at least 5-6 years. To get a PC to play new games for 5-6 years would cost you way over £1000. Obvisously a PC does other stuff but you could buy one for £300 for internet and general stuff.

Yes, PC graphics are better and they get mods, but consoles have almost zero virus/hacker problems, (and for amateurs like me) less crashing, no finicky patches, and they break far less (and normally get repaired pretty cheaply).

Anyway, is there no release date for PS3 still?