Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Fromz's sound mod | ffamm1.4

Hey fromz,

congratulations this is one of the best Sound Mod's i ever had used in my life.

Bullets and Grenades which are flying through the air sounds that awesome i can't belive it... wink_o.gif

The incoming and explosion sound of the Sh_125_HE also sounds very good.

May you also could include some new move sounds where you can hear your equipment rattle ( Like in FDF for example )

So keep up the greate work! thumbs-up.gif

Congrats, Fromz. While the actual weapon sounds and explosions aren't my cup of tea, your bullets cracks and distant gunfire is astonishingly kickass.

You must have put alot of work into this release.  wink_o.gif

I was wondering if you had a pre-generated track when I heard those sonic cracks.

Personally I don't like some of the gunshots (pkm, svd, m4) but everything else is perfect.

I did notice a few of the sounds were the same ones used in COD4

Which isn't necessarily bad I guess.

Download wmv FFAMM1.41P Combat Firelight Video By Myself 30MB

Quote[/b] ]Sounds are nice but when I fire the SAW I can barely hear it.

Somebody like it, Somebody hate it, It's just only my feeling...

I will improve it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]May you also could include some new move sounds where you can hear your equipment rattle

I think most of the BI's sound of movement is OK, But I will consider that at next version, Thank you~

Quote[/b] ]Congrats, Fromz. While the actual weapon sounds and explosions aren't my cup of tea, your bullets cracks and distant gunfire is astonishingly kickass.

You must have put alot of work into this release.

Thank you, For sure, I will:)

when you get the chance fromz mate message me in msn i need your help with a few things

FFAMM for the win. When I heard your very first release I knew you had potential to make an insanely good sound mod. This only proves my predictions. Keep it going man. I miss the tracers you had in the older version though. Those with the current sounds will be a sweet combo.

Man, if you, the FDF guys, and Chammy got together... we would have the ULTIMATE sound mod. Nonetheless, my Unit (31st MEU) and I are all using your sound mod and you have our 100% satisfaction and "2 thumbs way up". notworthy.gif

BIS should hire you.

@Fromz

Upon recently using the 1.09 fixed version i noticed that the G36c had no sound. Looking at the config it points to sound files that don't exist.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class G36C : G36a {

class Single : Mode_SemiAuto {

sound[] = {"\Fromz_Sounds\s\g36c_s",8.560000,1 };

};

class Burst : Mode_Burst {

sound[] = {"\Fromz_Sounds\s\g36c_b",8.560000,1 };

};

class FullAuto : Mode_FullAuto {

sound[] = {"\Fromz_Sounds\s\g36c_s",8.560000,1 };

I fixed mine, i had to add sound files instead of modifying the config as i couldn't find the program to remake the config. I just copied g36_s.wss and renamed accordingly. A temp solution until i find the bin program. Still it works, that's what matters. wink_o.gif

Oh i forgot, the ffamm_splash.paa is missing.

.....A temp solution until i find the bin program.....

Try UnRap. It's in Kegety's ArmA tool pack.

Armaholic mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

There's others as well. Just check the Editing Tools section.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma_tools

Hopefully this helps.

Fromz,

Beautiful sounds, very immersive. Thanks again for the great work. biggrin_o.gif

And sorry for the off-topic at the beginning of this post. sad_o.gif

this sound mode is vary nice biggrin_o.gif  Chopper gun sounds for the Cobra are vary low and just dont sound like it should be cool to amp it up. Good sound mode im useing it.

@Fromz

Ignore my last post, i just realized the errors were due to me using thunderbirds 1.4 fixed version with the 1.4P update. I got the updates muddled up, just installed the right ones and no probs. Silly me crazy_o.gif

I'm getting this error popping up in game

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

burst/ is not a classname (displayname' accessed)

huh.gif

Thanks "Panko[31stMEU]", "Seals9121", "1in1class", "nikita320106" for overpraise, I will carry on with my MOD works.

Law-Giver, The

Quote[/b] ]G36C and ffamm_splash.paa
problem has been solved in FFAMM v1.41P, Please download the newest version. Both the 1.09 configs, The popping up error message cause your wrong config, Maybe smile_o.gif

@Fromz

I thought i'd double check so i reinstalled 1.4P inc' the 1.09 hotfix and about 15 mins in the game i get the same error.

Quote[/b] ]

burst/ is not a classname (displayname' accessed)

Don't get the error with ArmA 1.08 crazy_o.gif

With regard to the splash error i realised i had the wrong config and addon from different versions but this error is with 1.41P. It isn't affecting gameplay but its just an annoying pop up.

Please don't amp up the choppers... I like it just the way it is. smile_o.gif

This is probably the best sound mod out right now.

I agree, I actually tried it because Chammy's seems to have stalled developmentally and loved it right away because the ambiance associated with using this mod is outstanding.

If there was one thing I wish could be changed is the desert sounds of the cricket I'm guessing? I don't mind the volume level but they certainly loop a lot more than I'd like.

I'm guessing this is a Fromz thing because I've never heard it this much before but if it isn't, sorry to have brought it up.

Yeah, while not perfect (those wildlife noises really distract me at times), it is the new bar for excellence. I have stopped even caring about Chammy's mod. It has been months now since he announced it was coming that weekend... and weeks since I stopped respecting that effort.

@Fromz

Quote[/b] ]burst/ is not a classname (displayname' accessed)

Found out this error was related to zGubas Addon. My humble appologies. notworthy.gif

Is it just me or does the Kamov's rotor sounds like a moped?

Besides that: the best sound mod out there. Most of my clan mates switched to this one.

But i got this error every time i connect to a MP server. I press ok and everything is ok tho:

Quote[/b] ]You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: fromz_sounds.

Is it just me or does the Kamov's rotor sounds like a moped?

the 2 first second ...

Fromz KA sound is conform :thumbup: