Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases DAC 2.0 for ArmA

Do they only send reinforcements when being linked?

I was actually sure by reading the guide+test missions that they also request reinforcements whne not linked....

Thanks anyway, i have already like you mentioned, just created another zone which have a different "behavior-case", and in this "behavior-case" i set "sending reinforcements" to false.

Do they only send reinforcements when being linked?

I was actually sure by reading the guide+test missions that they also request reinforcements whne not linked....

Thanks anyway, i have already like you mentioned, just created another zone which have a different "behavior-case", and in this "behavior-case" i set "sending reinforcements" to false.

I may have mislead here. I really should re-read the documentation before posting but just trying to be helpful.

You need to adjust the _setSupport variable in DAC_Config_Behavior of the units in the zone you don't want to leave. Its in the manual. Just search for _setSupport.

Thanks for the speedy reply Silola.

I completely forgot about the GL and Waypoints thing.

Me and my mates are putting together a clear the city mission in Avgani using DAC and RommIA. So far its been a blast.

Another question while I'm here.

I want setPos some units on some roofs and in certain areas. Would the Game logic approach work for that or would it be better to write a script and put it in the "Config_Events.SQF"?

I hope to be able to check back here soon. Rl is a bitch.

Hope all is well with you and keep uip the good work.

I love the DAC. yay.gif

Hey guys forgive me if this has been asked before but...

I'm using ACE Insurgents, i have entered all the class names into the array.  The problem is, i only have group sizes of 1/2 ppl.  Although members of each group are random from the array, the group leaders are always the medic class.

Can anyone confirm the squad leaders remain the same class?  If not is there anyway i can have other units leading?

Cheers.

I'm really keen to get into DAC. Could any of you experts here please release your superb DAC missions please?

Would be great to see how you have implemeted DAC to it's fullest extent.

Thanks guys.

[TAO] Kremator

Is there any way to get the RACS fighting both sides while West and East still stay hostile to eachother (like E vs W vs Res)?

At the moment it seems that if you put RACS as "enemy to all" that W and E turn friendly to eachother.

Is there any way to get the RACS fighting both sides while West and East still stay hostile to eachother (like E vs W vs Res)?

At the moment it seems that if you put RACS as "enemy to all" that W and E turn friendly to eachother.

I don't think this is possible. I believe it's been discussed in this thread in previous pages.

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any possible way to make the units always be in the standing position.

I had added the line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_setEmpVeh  = [[100,100],[100,100]];

_setUnitPos        = ["Up"];

to the end of the Case in the behaviour Config, but to no avail, my units are still laying down. Is there anyway around this?

Hey guys forgive me if this has been asked before but...

I'm using ACE Insurgents, i have entered all the class names into the array.  The problem is, i only have group sizes of 1/2 ppl.  Although members of each group are random from the array, the group leaders are always the medic class.

Can anyone confirm the squad leaders remain the same class?  If not is there anyway i can have other units leading?

Cheers.

From my understanding of the DAC Readme.pdf (Page 24), it sounds like you've identified the infantry leader (the third unit in the string) as a medic unit.

From the unchanged DAC_Config_Units the _Unit_Pool_S = will have:

"SoldierECrew","SoldierEPilot","SquadLeaderE","Soldiere

b",etc

SoldierECrew is the unit used to crew tracked vehicles, SoldierEPilot is used to crew helicopters, and SquadLeaderE is the squad leader of an infantry unit.

Make sure the third unit name is the squad leader's name, instead of the medic, and that should fix your problem, hopefully.

From my understanding the unit that you choose for this third position will be the unit used for all squad leaders using DAC. Someone mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread the possibility of adding a random logic inside that third position, but did not elaborate how to do so for the new mission maker, like me.

Hope it works. smile_o.gif

Well by god I believe you are right. The medic is listed 3rd in the case he was mentioning.

Jesus after all this time of using DAC since it was released and all the times I've read the ReadMe I can't believe I never realized this. I've probably read that line 20 times and it never stuck.

Thanks a lot for that info. I'll give that a try.

I've been using DAC for a couple of weeks now, and it's working out fairly well. I am struggling with one aspect of it, however, and that is setting the DAC spawned vehicles to "Locked" so that players cannot use them.

In the DAC_Config_Events, I am editing case 1, in the _Init_Vehicle section. I have tried many various permutations of the examples below, and have no success so far. All the DAC spawned vehicles remain unlocked.

I have also made sure that the event case has been called in the trigger activation, eg. ["Z1",[1,0,1, etc.

["[_vehc] setVehicleLock "Locked""]

["[_vehc] lock true"]

["{_x lock 1} foreach units_vehc"]

Any help with this problem is appreciated, as it's doing my head in.

huh.gif

Hi Gonzonaut,

You have done everything right.

Only the entry itself is something wrong.

Please try this: ["_vehc lock true"]

Greeting

Silola

Hi Gonzonaut,

You have done everything right.

Only the entry itself is something wrong.

Please try this: ["_vehc lock true"]

Greeting

Silola

Genius! Thankyou.

With the correct syntax known I was able to figure out that instead of putting it incorrectly in the _Init_Vehicle section, I should have put it in the Event Create sections of both _Init_Unit_V, and _Init_Unit_T, as shown below:

_Init_Unit_V = [

["_vehc lock true"]

_Init_Unit_T = [

["_vehc lock true"]

Thanks for the solution Silola, I'm a happy man.  smile_o.gif

Awesome work on the DAC also. I'm fairly new to mission making, and the DAC is an excellent resource.

I have another question about the DAC, this one involving respawn camps.

I have a zone with three camps that I have placed in particular locations by logic waypoints. They are each given 3 respawns.

Is there a way that I can reduce a certain camp's respawns to zero? Such as Blufor activates a trigger, and camp 3's respawns are reduced to 0.

... i got an error message which tells me to name my soldiers in the DAC_STRPlayers but where to find this file? Can anybody help me plz?

... i got an error message which tells me to name my soldiers in the DAC_STRPlayers but where to find this file? Can anybody help me plz?

In your main DAC directory, inside your mission directory, there should be a file called DAC_Config_Creator. Open this and have a look just under the DAC Settings heading, there will be a variable called:

DAC_STRPlayers = ["s1","s2","s3","s4","s5" ...

The unedited version of DAC uses "s1" through "s16" as the player names. So, you must either name all of your players in the editor with these names, or add your own, for example:

DAC_STRPlayers = ["Player1", "Player2", "Player3, "Fred", "Bill", ...

Extra names in the string won't matter if they haven't been used in the editor. They will be ignored.

Hopefully this solves your problem.  smile_o.gif

2. You use user-defined waypoints.

Place a logic within the camp zone. Give to the logic a waypoint.

The waypoint determines the camp position. Also this waypoint must be within the zone.

Now you write in the init line of the logic the following: this setdir 5

(see also readme page 11).

A lot of luck with your mission smile_o.gif

Greeting

Silola

I'm just now learning DAC,

the learning curve is steep but most worth the effort, I thought I would post an addition to this to clarify somethings because I really struggled with getting this to work.

The camp configuration# for the NULL camp is 11 instead of 8 (in the read me) and you have to GROUP the game logic to the camp zone.

Is it possible to run DAC with the folder renamed to something else except for "DAC" ? I've tried to change the folder name to "test" and then at the init field run exec "test\scripts\Dac_init_zone.sqs" but it doesn't work.

Is it possible to run DAC with the folder renamed to something else except for "DAC" ? I've tried to change the folder name to "test" and then at the init field run exec "test\scripts\Dac_init_zone.sqs" but it doesn't work.

You would have to change all the scripts in that folder too.. \DAC\... to \Test\... would take many many hours lol

Yes, i know i already tried it and failed. DAC still won't initialise

Hi,

it's not very hard to switch DAC to an different working directory ;-)

Ok...for example u want use a folder named "AiMod".

First rename your "DAC" folder into "AiMod" ;)

The next step is to load all dac scripts with Notepad++

(Notepad can be open any number of files simultaneously)

There u use the function "Search and replace in all open files" :

search for: DAC\

replace with: AiMod\

After that action u must save all modified files.

And the last action is to modify the DAC init line in your init.sqs (init.sqf):

execVM "AiMod\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";

That's all :)

Greeting

Silola

Hey Silola you going to be making DAC for Arma 2? I think this is the most well used scripting set used in missions. Makes the AI awesome and interesing in battles..

The reason is that i'd like to make DAC 2.0 compatible with shinden's ARMA GDCE which uses the older version DAC 1.0