Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Ghillie snipers - by xam mod

Don´t wanna miss out on XAM Mod snipers w/o having to load the whole mod?

Here´s the solution: XAM Ghillie Snipers as standalone .pbo

Modell paths are remapped and config classes changed so it should'nt interfere with any XAM content.

If you find any bugs you´re free to report them, but due to my limited knowledge i might not be able to fix ´em.

Download xam_ghil_v1.12.7z (3.35 MB; 7zip):

- Community Mirrors -

BIS.4Players.de

Assault Mission Studio

Armaholic.com

ArmedAssault.info

Combat-Prison.net

- Crap Mirrors -

MiHD.net

01.14.2008 --- Updated optional Replacement config for East & West Sniper ---

http://dl2.armed-assault.de/team/burns/ghillie_replacement.zip

Quote[/b] ]Update - v1.12

- added another sniper with the M107

- added NVgoogles & Sidearms

- added 3 OpFor units (SVD, KSVK, AKS74PSO)

Thx to Red Devil!

Update - v1.1

- Fixed Female Voices bug

- Completed class changes

- Fixed "editor onTop" bug

- Drastically reduced filesize (deleted more unused stuff & remapped model paths)

- Updated addon signature

- Added optinal replacement for BluFor Sniper

All of this is khayes work! Without him there would probably be nothing to show yet.

I think we all owe this man some beers! smile_o.gif

====================================================================================================

Credits: XAM Mod

A huge thank you goes out to Snake22000 for giving me permission to release it!

xamghil-prosm.jpg

sniper.jpg

Can't download from Rapidshare. Could you please use one of the better free file hosts like MiHD or Filecrunch. You don't need to register to upload, no stupid waiting times, and they actually work for me smile_o.gif

I wonder if XAM would allow the same with other stuff. There are a lot of cool things that would be nice as seperate addons.

Edit: Thanks for adding the MiHD mirror smile_o.gif

would be lovely if the vehicle chatter could also find its way outside of the mod pack.

Guest Ti0n3r

Excellent. Thanks a lot Burns smile_o.gif

Nice, I wonder though why they have no closed hood? I got this for my ghilie suit (using it to rob people in the woods wink_o.gif ) It conceals even more and you dont really loose visibility. I could see with my binoculars as clear as with the hood off. But ok, it might be hindering when using scopes.

Hi, the snipers look good but there're a pair of bugs? maybe?, the

first one is that the alpha on the guillie makes invisible the objects

behind it *like in the cars glasses bug:

The Thing:

guillie_shape.jpg

And that they don't use the player or the BI random faces, so you

can't use custom faces *on 'em; plus that for some reason... when

the guillie sniper or the spotter are AI controled, they talk with

female *voice, but when they're player controled they use the player's

chosen voice tone. But i couldn't had made it better. Let's C ya

*Edit

I programmed the snipers to be less detectable by the AI wink_o.gif

I made a little DMHide addon that creates a doughnut-shaped viewblock object around a player. It's doughnut shaped so searching units who get too close can see down "into" it and find you.

It's not a cheat mechanism though, as each time you fire it drops the VB object down revealing you slightly, before rising up again. If you fire spaced out shots you should remain hidden.

Firing too often, moving too much or dying makes the object disappear. I always thought it would be a good implementation for scout & sniper classes.

Quote[/b] ] when

the guillie sniper or the spotter are AI controled, they talk with

female face

rofl.gifrofl.gif

WOW! Finally there released..

wicked stuff pistols.gif

Love XAM and the Ghillie snipers, but I like to have other addons instead of some XAM stuff so this will be a great help. been waiting for this like so many other people smile_o.gif

Thanks a ton, to the original XAM crew and to the converter/separator smile_o.gif

I opened up the config of the addon. I see you use the same classnames as from the SLX people addon. The snipers are the "SLX_Women", which explains the female voices.

I don't know if this is how they were in the XAM mod. They should be changed to use their own classnames and tags. Using other peoples tags (and classnames) doesn't seem like a good idea to me whistle.gif

Oh no  sad_o.gif  It doesn't actually look ingame as it does in Wipman's screenshot does it? (I'm at work and haven't tried it)

They look like the normal XAM ones, which means, they sometimes have that invisible area around them. Its never looked as bad as in wipmans pic for me though.

One thing that bugs the hell outta me is when you "focus" with them (zooming in) they immediately start breathing heavily. This is very annoying and...not realistic? i dont even know what it simulates... maybe its another addon Im just now noticing, but yeah, even when they run, they immediately start breathing heavily, and FAST! I think a sniper/spotter would be more fit than the average soldier, but thats just me guessing smile_o.gif