Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Ghillie snipers - by xam mod

for me none of these replacement packs works ...

if i use them , models are misplaced (500m long shadow, weapon floating in air, legs and hands messed etc) ...

Sorry for taking this thread up again..

I have to confirm Dwardens report about the replacement pack.. it really does some bad stuff to the soldier model:

wtfdy9.th.jpg

(The screen is from 1.12b + QG and loads of mods, but I tested it also without mods on 1.12b, on 1.08 and with/without QG.. all the same)

However the model itself works perfeclty fine! Just the replacements dont seem to work (Tried both of the "official ones" and even did my own one, still the same bug)

Any possible way to fix it? That would be great smile_o.gif Maybe its SLX People causing it somehow?

EDIT: FIXED!

Me and Ryan_D (Aliens 4.0 addon author biggrin_o.gif ) managed to fix the replacement (no more crazy models now! wink_o.gif )

The archive contains 2 pbo's - one replaces only US Snipers, the second one replaces US and SLA snipers

http://mihd.net/ksnx3ve

LINK UPDATED! Files are now also binarized and signed. Bikey included.

If there's any problem with releasing this fixed version, just let me know and I'll take it down wink_o.gif Hope there won't be any and you all will enjoy it as much as I do smile_o.gif

Woohoo! Finally someone made a replacement pack with custom skeletons thumbs-up.gif

Now we need replacement packs for Yacieks Pilots & Merc´s & Agamoths Resistance units yay.gif

Woohoo! Finally someone made a replacement pack with custom skeletons thumbs-up.gif

Now we need replacement packs for Yacieks Pilots & Merc´s & Agamoths Resistance units yay.gif

I think I could do the pilots (maybe even mercs if I have enough time) but Resistance units.. there's just TOO many great soldiers to pick only few for the replacement! crazy_o.gif

Edit: I updated the link, files are binarized and signed smile_o.gif

Okay one more surprize:

Ghillie Suit SF Marksman Replacement:

http://mihd.net/xi4tku3

Well if you ask me, it just feels right to have the Ghillie guy in Special Forces.

Binarized and Signed (forgot to add the .bikey, if anyone needs it please download the previous replacement, its included there).

xmas_o.gif

for me none of these replacement packs works ...

if i use them , models are misplaced (500m long shadow, weapon floating in air, legs and hands messed etc) ...

Sorry for taking this thread up again..

I have to confirm Dwardens report about the replacement pack.. it really does some bad stuff to the soldier model:

[/url]]http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7964/wtfdy9.th.jpg[/img][/url]

(The screen is from 1.12b + QG and loads of mods, but I tested it also without mods on 1.12b, on 1.08 and with/without QG.. all the same)

However the model itself works perfeclty fine! Just the replacements dont seem to work (Tried both of the "official ones" and even did my own one, still the same bug)

Any possible way to fix it? That would be great smile_o.gif Maybe its SLX People causing it somehow?

EDIT: FIXED!

Me and Ryan_D (Aliens 4.0 addon author biggrin_o.gif ) managed to fix the replacement (no more crazy models now! wink_o.gif )

The archive contains 2 pbo's - one replaces only US Snipers, the second one replaces US and SLA snipers

http://mihd.net/ksnx3ve

LINK UPDATED! Files are now also binarized and signed. Bikey included.

If there's any problem with releasing this fixed version, just let me know and I'll take it down wink_o.gif Hope there won't be any and you all will enjoy it as much as I do smile_o.gif

Thank you very much! ive been experiencing the same problem but I cannot seem to download your fix from that link? Or i'm just too stupid to understand how to use that site crazy_o.gif

Ok I've combined all you need to get this working.

Mirrored here

err...i found it funny when a BIS employee repacked other addons and released them w/o any notice that not all addons were made by him since it was such a bad example for all of us, but this takes it one step too far!

Please take the file off or add the original readme files. The only reason im not getting a seizure over this is that most of the work was done by Lodu, XAM and the two guys (khayes & RedDevil) who helped me alot to improve the standalone. I wont even complain about the bisign file you´ve put up...still what you did just ain't right.

You can argue the rights or wrongs of this as much as you like but the fact remains that you should pack your releases so that people can actually use them, if they cannot what is the point. As for my archive, well I gain no money for doing it, I run a non-profit clan site not one of these multi 'community' gaming sites that make of money from banners or advertising. I offered the mirror to aid a fellow ArmA player. Period. ArmA has little support at the moment as it is without people like you breaking up what remains of it. Maybe I'll think twice about bothering to help out in the future it's not if I have not got better things to do.

I have removed the download to prevent you further 'distress'.

You can argue the rights or wrongs of this as much as you like but the fact remains that you should pack your releases so that people can actually use them, if they cannot what is the point. As for my archive, well I gain no money for doing it, I run a non-profit clan site not one of these multi 'community' gaming sites that make of money from banners or advertising. I offered the mirror to aid a fellow ArmA player. Period. If you want to get all perdandtic about it well all of your files ARE intact and unmodified including your readme if you'd bothered to download it. Other ArmA sites re-pack releases. As for our bisign it is NOT included in the archive but in our Yoma Tools updater which has nothing to do with your release and is linked from within our own site which you have no jurisdiction over. ArmA has little support at the moment as it is without people like you breaking up what remains of it. Maybe I'll think twice about bothering to help out in the future it's not if I have not got better things to do.

Well i downloaded the archive 10 hrs or so ago and there is no readme, also unlike you said, the bisign files are included too.

Dont know who youre trying to shit here icon_rolleyes.gif

IoOI.jpg

Mind to read this thread: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=71165 wink_o.gif

I myself hate it too when people go over the top with that permissions stuff, like someone just recently did for no apparent reason, but this case didn´t only show how little respect addonmakers (the original authors, not me) can expect from people like you, but also how a big part of the community just don´t understand whats right and whats wrong - that stinks and makes me sad in some way.

So if you´ve fixed the DL with readme & w/o bisign file in the meantime, fine - although sneaky and again not very polite - you´ll never hear from me again.

Yawn. Like I say I'm not trying to prove anything, not palming any of it off as my own I think you need to relax and not get so worked up.

I edited my post as I thought that you were referring to the other ghillie suits release! my mistake.