Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF Sound Pack v1.3

To be honest i find the Cracks ultra realistic! They are so loud! A BMP shot the crap out of me from a distance and i jumped out of my chair with almost ringing ears rofl.gif

True Story (THis happens with small arms fire too!wink_o.gifnotworthy.gif

@ layne_suhr, maybe try turning the volume down? IMO, I'd rather go deaf from a live venue or gig, not from a computer game.

But, @ Goeth, great work man! I have no idea what the original sound are like, I've been using you work for that long! But I have one comment to make: I don't like the new sonic cracks, they sound more like a hiss. The previous ones sounded better IMO. Anyway, Keep up the good work, you make ArmA just that lil' bit sweeter to play.

Later.

Since installing FDF Soundpack 1.3 I've had constant crashes sad_o.gif So I've now how to uninstall it. It's a shame because they were real good!

8800gtx

2.6 ghz e6600

4 gigs, dominator ram

X-fi Music edition.

Since installing FDF Soundpack 1.3 I've had constant crashes sad_o.gif So I've now how to uninstall it.  It's a shame because they were real good!

Just delete the FDF_sounds directory from your Armed Assault directory (and the possible shortcut from your desktop).

Guys, look into 1.09 beta... you'll have to change at least FFAR sounds to make them useful - same way as with firearms:

modes[]={"1","2"}

class 1 : 0

{

sound[]={"x"}

}

class 2 : 1

{

sound[]={"x"}

}

Regards & keep gr8 work smile_o.gif

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1

Thats what my Queen'd Gambit shortcut says in the target line.

How do I get it to launch with FDF sound pack

I tried adding a the @FDF_Sounds at the end...

any one help me out?

If you did not change the mod folder name FDF_Sounds is named like i wrote it. not @FDF_Sounds wink_o.gif

I tried both...with and without the "@"

I was able to launch it with a -mod=FDF_sounds on the end but it would not let me access United Sahrani in the editor

Just trying to get it to work I really like the mod

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=DBE1;FDF_Sounds

Separate mods with ;

with the 1.09 patch the sounds in vehicles are almost not hearable.

Movement sounds were also lowerd too much.

Good god Kroky you are on fire! Pace yourself, so you don't pull anything, and stay hydrated. rofl.gif

I just received a report with one of my teammates. He is a good tester and the following report seems to confirm this issue.

"So if you are not in the driver slot then FDF and 1.09 beta works??

Yes."

I do not know about the Movement sounds but I haven't experienced them yet.

Thanks for a great sound MOD. Looking forward to the next release.

I'm thinken now that ArmA doesn't like me playing Team missions. Only time I crash sad_o.gif

Thanks guys for bug reports regarding 1.09 beta, please report them here if you find more. I´ll start fixing them asap.

Thanks guys for bug reports regarding 1.09 beta, please report them here if you find more. I´ll start fixing them asap.

Thank you!

ArmA sounds very weird without FDF. crazy_o.gif

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

I would like to say thing that I think about every sound mod.

I am really disapointed when I see that M107 or even normal M16A4 is louder than a tank...

2 things about tank

When tank drive, it's incredibly loud and can hear it far away

When shot it's alomost going to blow up your ears

If I am wrong tell me how it feel real, but I think I am not wrong cause after a military show I was on I couldn't hear correctly for few days lol XD

Problem is you never can make it like in real life otherwise the players would need to buy new speakers after each tank shot.

But i agree that a rule for soundpack needs to be that big things liek tanks really need a loud sound while normal guns shouldnt sound too extreme.

I remember lots of OFP sound packs where for example PKs sounded like a ZSU gun and the likes.

Problem is you never can make it like in real life otherwise the players would need to buy new speakers after each tank shot.

Not to mention a new pair of ears... anyone who's been in an airshow with jet fighters passing you at low altitude knows that. crazy_o.gif

Isn't the volume defined in the .cfg?

If yes, that would be a chance to have 1 soundpack with different config files, so players can choose.

- normal (like now)

- loud (but not killing 3$ speaker or headsets)  wink_o.gif

- realistic earsign.gif

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Yea thats my dislike with fdf sounds, the sounds of pistols and rifles is so loud that it makes the really-loud sounds sound too low.

Put the low sounds low so we can adjust the sound ourself wink_o.gif

"If yes, that would be a chance to have 1 soundpack with different config files, so players can choose."

I absolutely agree with you. So? Time to work biggrin_o.gif

Make those f@ckers loud as hell, tank drive and shot, jet flight and the most important

GBU };>

Vehicle sound levels really suck at this point but i´ll fix them after final 1.09 is out.

Goeth, will you increase the sound levels of the minigun and such after you find a sample you're happy with? I notice that it's very very quiet, currently.