Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF Sound Pack v1.3

Goeth, will you increase the sound levels of the minigun and such after you find a sample you're happy with?  I notice that it's very very quiet, currently.

Yep i´ll do that.

Im testing and testing FDF sounds with different films and I got positive opinion. In my opinion FDF sound pack is the most realistic sound pack of our community. And when you will adjust volume it will be very very accurate.

can someone help me?

why config of sounds for 1.08 and 1.09 is incompatible? what consist sound's config for 1.09beta?.... I have looked through beta configs but not find any difference about sounds?

sorry my engliz)

When i try to join servers in Mp with the sound mod on i get kicked out cause i need to install additional keys or remove the addons crazy_o.gif and thats even after i installed the key file from one of the download links on the first page..

I saw something interesting in ECS mod. It have a sound of fallen clip. Its nice to see detailed clip from animated rh guns fall on the ground, but would be better to hear that also ;p

Try to add this to FDF ;p

After updating to beta 1.11 I'm back to FDF 1.0 sounds. What can I do to make 1.3 sounds work in 1.11b?

EDIT: Problem solved.

Vehicle sound levels really suck at this point but i´ll fix them after final 1.09 is out.

Ok, so now we are f*cked. Hope for fix when final 1,11 is out xD

Aircraft sounds for me are almost non-existant when in cockpit view for me. Is this the case for everyone or is it a known bug. I think the sounds starts off normal then drops away all of a sudden.

You move to 3rd person view and everything is normal again until you switch back to cockpit.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Everything else is sweet.

Love it

Thanks.

Frosty

Aircraft sounds for me are almost non-existant when in cockpit view for me. Is this the case for everyone or is it a known bug. I think the sounds starts off normal then drops away all of a sudden.

You move to 3rd person view and everything is normal again until you switch back to cockpit.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Everything else is sweet.

Love it

Thanks.

Frosty

i have exactly the same problem, i guess ArmA beta 1.11 has something to do with it... compatibility issues with FDF1.3?!?

Seems like this topic freezed...

Only one question. Are the works on FDF still actual or only volume will be changed with full AA 1.11 ?

I´ll start updating the pack soon, seems like the 1.11 is going to be the final patch.

I´ll start updating the pack soon, seems like the 1.11 is going to be the final patch.

well theres going to be a final 1.12 patch too, to sort out this beta mess wink_o.gif

I think I will write to BIS to wait 10 years and realase v2.0 xP

Then I think even Crysis would have sux graph in compare with ArmA xD

For the next version of FDF Sounds, could it be possible to turn down all the volumes of sound effects, to around 70% or so. This would make it easier for people to hear the in-game voice chat, since the direct talk volume is tied with the sound effects slider in the options.

you can do it in options

Radio 10

Sound 7

Music 7

I have it and I hear talk chat good.

For me one of the most exciting things in the FDF-mod are the very very veRY VERY VERYY good footstep-sounds.

And i dislike

- very much the night-hill-storm-sound (way too stormy, a way too shortlooping and a way too overdone. A WIND-sound in a 1 min loop i would prefer).

Not spectacular but more reality is this wind-sound.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=17553 Press the black-triangle-button to hear the soundfile.

(free sample)

- the nightsound. Way too much mosquito-sound in a too short loop, turn this thing down or give the loop more time [1 minute or so] and at the same time the soundvolume should become MORE variable in this 1 minute.

- the dead-body-flies-sound (too less variety in the volume, the loop is too short).

wolfsblut

w00t this night wind sound is perfect. You're tha man.

you can do it in options

Radio 10

Sound 7

Music 7

I have it and I hear talk chat good.

This won't help. Like I mentioned in earlier post, the direct talk VON is connected with the Sounds/Effects slider in the volume options.

Your solution will surely make the radio channels of VON to be higher and more audible, because all other VON channel except direct talk are tied with the Radio volume slider in options. However, it still doesn't help with the direct talk "channel", because it's volume is tied with the Effects volume slider.

Currently it doesn't look like BI is going to make any solution to this problem (a separate volume slider for Direct Talk), so our only hope is that some sound mod, like FDF Sounds (which IMO is the best and I'd like to use in the future as well), would make all of their sound effect volumes lower, like 70%, which would then at least help a bit in hearing direct talk better.

Finally! 1,14 ArmA released.

Well, So Im looking forward to promised FDF sounds with balanced volumes(let's say... REALISTIC volumes smile_o.gif )

@osmokv

Hmmm I played a lot on net lately and I hear everything good... but sometimes when it was bit louder... yes, I had problems to understand anything from "shhhhhshshshhh" ;p

But... can you please answer me a question...

If there's a fight and everybody shoot to you in real life, do you hear what your leader says to you? Or maybe... Do you want to hear it? XD

Cheers

A promised update? Hmm.. What page was this promise made? I can't seem to find it, although I just woke up.

Isn't the volume defined in the .cfg?

If yes, that would be a chance to have 1 soundpack with different config files, so players can choose.

- normal (like now)

- loud (but not killing 3$ speaker or headsets) wink_o.gif

- realistic earsign.gif

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Let's say its promise biggrin_o.gif

Sorry about the lack of news folks, i´ve been really busy with visitor right now. I´ll try to find some time to start updating the pack.