Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF Sound Pack v1.3

Did some rounds during my influenza.

First of all thanks for this mod. I like the changes you made hopefully more will see Sahrani sun smile_o.gif

There are some things i found:

M4 on players hand ok (did you take those sounds from indoor shooting range?) but if you hear them little bit away that sound is like with to much treble, somehow. huh.gif

wishlist so far: xmas_o.gif

improve M61 firing sound from M163 Vulcan;

improve M197 (AH-1) and M134 (AH-6) gun sounds;

maybe add little reloading sound for TOWs in Stryker and HMMWV;

Could be this influenza or my soundcard... anyway you make nice and new developments too. thumbs-up.gif

can anyone upload a youtube video or something so ppl could hear the sounds and stuff.

I'll do later on this day...

Quote[/b] ]...those are live recordings...

Really? I don't believe that it sounds like this in reality.

Fortunately i was never in any war and nobody ever shot at me or in my direction so i cant tell you really how such a "crack" may sound.

But: I shoot the AR-15 series Rifle (M16) both on a wide-open range and on a "smaller" rifle-range and i can tell you that no weapons sounds so "artificial" like the current M4 and AKSU74 sound.

No really, i don't believe that this are live recordings nor do i believe that the "bullet crack" was a live recording and being "unaltered" putted into the mod.

I do believe that these sounds are extremely reworked by some sound editing tools and therefor sounds very artificial, very unnatural for me and destroys a bit this "serious" feeling Arma brings to me.

The New M16 sounds do indeed sound good in my oppinion! The increased reverb is sounding very good and gives some feeling about its true loudness.

For some new AK-sounds, look at this video:

(at the end of the video).

Something like that sounds realistic (this is live recorded).

Regards, Christian

To be critic is very important these days, you'll see the bad example in the USA this days, were the masses are not critic anymore and tend to accept everything which their ruthless, corporation and neoconservative controlled politicians say.

Wow... not cool....?

Not to be a dick, but you really shouldnt be generalizing about a country like that. i dont know if youre from here, but come on... comments like this are incredibly rude, regardless of what you think about the country(whats that quote? "I might not agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to have it"... something along that...).

Especially since this thread is about a sound mod and nothing to do with the United States...

Very uncalled for.

I always liked FDF sounds. And I like the the 1.3 Sound pack very much. Love the movement sounds. (Thank you for implementing my suggestion about rolling sounds smile_o.gif

Although the supersonic crack sounds really weird. Also the fly sound for dead bodies is overdone imho. When there are a lot of bodies lying around it sound like in an African jungle smile_o.gif

Also I think the sound for the M249 is too powerful compared to the fired sounds I hear all over youtube.

As usual very good job on the vehicle sounds. This is definitevely the strongest side of FDF_Sounds!

But: I shoot the AR-15 series Rifle (M16) both on a wide-open range and on a "smaller" rifle-range and i can tell you that no weapons sounds so "artificial" like the current M4 and AKSU74 sound.

That is a video with an AKM (47), the gun you dont like the sound of are an AKSU74 (74). The differens between them in RL is 7.62 and 5.45.

I think the FDF team has done an outstanding job.

And you are absolutely right!

Addons like this keeps me playing with ArmA.

Thanks FDF Team, your name stands for high quality!

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

can anyone upload a youtube video or something so ppl could hear the sounds and stuff.

I'll do later on this day...

Quote[/b] ]...those are live recordings...

Really? I don't believe that it sounds like this in reality.

Fortunately i was never in any war and nobody ever shot at me or in my direction so i cant tell you really how such a "crack" may sound.

No really, i don't believe that this are live recordings nor do i believe that the "bullet crack" was a live recording and being "unaltered" putted into the mod.

I do believe that these sounds are extremely reworked by some sound editing tools and therefor sounds very artificial, very unnatural for me and destroys a bit this "serious" feeling Arma brings to me.

The New M16 sounds do indeed sound good in my oppinion! The increased reverb is sounding very good and gives some feeling about its true loudness.

Regards, Christian

First off you are a little too harsh though.

But I was wondering about this

Quote[/b] ] I shoot the AR-15 series Rifle (M16) both on a wide-open range and on a "smaller" rifle-range

Why dont you stick a F. mic infront of your gun next time your shooting and pass the recordings on to for instance FDF mod...

welcome.gif

edit

I do like the new sounds very much indeed! yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]For some new AK-sounds, look at this video:

Regards, Christian

Yeah, that's a great sound thumbs-up.gif Stolen though, this used to be my sound for the AKS74U gun in my deceased soundpack V1.4:

VFSound 1.4. It's not all gold that glitters.

VictorFarbau

yeah i remember that sound pack, at that time m yArmA was not functioning properly so i didnt download in addons. But i really love the AK and Grenade sounds in your mod

VictorFarbau is it definitive yours or is it the same source (sound/vid etc) from which all can find+take this sound? All roads lead to Rome.

Quote[/b] ]VictorFarbau is it definitive yours or is it the same source (sound/vid etc) from which all can find+take this sound?

Good point. Nonetheless I merged a custom echo into my sound back then - and this is the very one. Somebody from the FFUR team(?) took my AKS74U, AK74 and also the PK sound and put it into the SLX_GL3 sounds folder. I had a quick look and found the identical sounds on my HDD. Quiet sad, can't remember anybody asking me. Ah well, at least they shouldn't advertize new & improved sounds whistle.gif

VictorFarbau

I like these bullet cracks much more, i dont know what people are bitching about. They sound like PR, fuckin awesome. But one thing, please change the AK-74 and AKS-74U.

nice job biggrin_o.gif

Very nice.

My only minor complaint is about the bullet cracks. They sound fantastic, but drown out the actual gunshots. Hard to tell where fire is coming from. But then perhaps that's realistic? I don't know.

Thx for this excellent release Goeth !

As for the comments...

Get real and don´t compare your hollywood knowledge or YouTube recordings to the sound you actaully hear on the scene. It takes quite some hardware to accurately record sounds irl and an inbuilt condenser mic in a videocam doesn´t do this right, period.

If you really want to keep it realistic you should all cry for all muffled sounds as you would be wearing earplugs...

Very nice.

My only minor complaint is about the bullet cracks. They sound fantastic, but drown out the actual gunshots. Hard to tell where fire is coming from. But then perhaps that's realistic? I don't know.

Noticed that too. They can be heard from very far away, much further than the standard crack. From a distance shouldn't the bullet 'whiz' sound be heard instead? That's how it is in ArmA without mods, the crack is only heard when the bullet passes fairly close to you.

I don't know which way is more realistic though.

I've had a chance to review the new sounds. As always, Goeth, it is a work of art. I think that some of the echos are a little much or come in too late but the gestalt of the mod is outstanding. Nothing else comes close.

Great Work!

There is bug.

If you try to fire with the Mg when you are piloting the Cobra, the sound of the engine will stop and it will start after you've finished firing.

smile_o.gif

Great Work!

There is bug.

If you try to fire with the Mg when you are piloting the Cobra, the sound of the engine will stop and it will start after you've finished firing.

smile_o.gif

It only happens when you fire long burst. The cannon sound itself doesn´t cause that bug but the small explosion sounds when ammo hit´s the ground and you shoot target near the player.

And this started when i lowered the cockpit noises.

Hello,

Great work on the addon. IMHO it is very good indeed.

A question, I've noticed that when I open ArmA with the FDF mod the partisans units for the OPFOR are not available. Is it like that for everyone or just a bug in my system.

Libriut

Hello,

Great work on the addon. IMHO it is very good indeed.

A question, I've noticed that when I open ArmA with the FDF mod the partisans units for the OPFOR are not available. Is it like that for everyone or just a bug in my system.

Libriut

Mine is working fine. Did you launch the pack with the fdf shortcut? If you did it only launches vanilla ArmA without Queens Gambit.

Quote[/b] ]Mine is working fine. Did you launch the pack with the fdf shortcut? If you did it only launches vanilla ArmA without Queens Gambit.

Ah.... That is probably it. How do I launch it in full mode ?

Thanks,

Libriut

How do I launch it in full mode ?

-mod=FDF_Sounds

maybe try adding this to your QG shortcut?

Quote[/b] ]Mine is working fine. Did you launch the pack with the fdf shortcut? If you did it only launches vanilla ArmA without Queens Gambit.

Ah.... That is probably it. How do I launch it in full mode ?

Thanks,

Libriut

Get Kegetys' ArmA Launcher.