Sign in to follow this  
mr.g-c

Do we get some addons to next patch?

Hello, as it is tradition for BIS to bring addons with their patches, i wonder if we get some of em also this time...

The ultimate and usefulness "addon" would be IMHO something like Kegetys "lowplants" fix - a simple option to disable all shaders on foliage regardless of the shader-settings.

Because no one really realises any visual difference when removing the (imho useless) shader from all foliage

Regards, Christian

1.09 (if we do get it) will most surely be the last patch. Adding new features is dangerous. I have seen it with several games whereby adding new features leaves the game with new bugs that never get fixed.

Where is our community coordinator? Where is word on the patch? We only seem to have silence.

Before we speculate about addons there should at least be a sign of the "beta" that was announcend four months ago.

Let's just hope that this "beta" ist not the patch itself.

Quote[/b] ]...and at BIS headquarters the final touches are being put on the 1.09 patch, to those of you who aren’t aware this patch will be released as beta 1.09, once that beta status has progressed successfully it will then be released as final ArmA patch 1.11 or 1.12 (perhaps with a couple of small additional tweaks/fixes if required). The patch includes a number of tweaks/fixes, some improve performance significantly, for example the reworked grass clutter of Northern Sahrani improves frame rates on various systems that tested it.

A quote from placebo on the Blog, that answers most of the questions here I guess

Being able to turn off shaders on foliage only would be a very good idea. Considering the tiny visual difference and the large performance gain, it really should be a standalone graphics option that doesn't effect anything else.

Keeping the normal maps on tree trunks would be nice though, that's the only difference that is really noticeable to me. IMO it's the only one that should be there in the first place.

Right now dropping shading detail to normal looks good on most foliage - although it leaves the performance hogging shaders, but certain plants turn really ugly with bad low-res textures. Dropping texture resolution like that doesn't seem necessary.

And, by the way, don't forget to fix the 6g30 : actually who used it in a mission ?

Buggy, no picture in gear, infinite magazines if you want (cause it doesn't use a slot), etc... as a *new* weapon, it should be fixed, or removed.

Ala the "resistance" medic in ArmA:QG, which is bright white with when looking at with NVG during night...

Some minor, but really annoying things like that, should be (not especially in the 1.09b, but absolutely in the 1.11/1.12) reworked, to make a nice lifting to the game.

(sorry I'm sick and tired, did I write correctly ? goodnight.gif )

i really hope there is ghillie suit slipping into as 'bonus' smile_o.gif

but ofc fixes and improvements first ... free content last

Must.. resist... begging!

I think it would be AWESOME if the Javelin was fixed.. Just use the arma model and the old configs and scripts from the old OFP javelin that someone made and it should be good!

Speaking of the Javelin why not place both the M136 and the Javelin in a position that doesn't interfere with seeing. why not just have the damn rocket canister on the back and leave the CLU in a bag for the Javelin. I mean jesus the thing is unusable because everytime you go prone to engage your stuck with half the model jutting into your view.

Some images pertaining to carry of the Javelin:

Javelin_carry2.gif

Javelin_carry3.gif

As with both examples you can see the CLU is in a bag, not a monstrosity that is constantly connected to the damn rocket canister.

Quote[/b] ]...and at BIS headquarters the final touches are being put on the 1.09 patch, to those of you who aren’t aware this patch will be released as beta 1.09, once that beta status has progressed successfully it will then be released as final ArmA patch 1.11 or 1.12 (perhaps with a couple of small additional tweaks/fixes if required). The patch includes a number of tweaks/fixes, some improve performance significantly, for example the reworked grass clutter of Northern Sahrani improves frame rates on various systems that tested it.

A quote from placebo on the Blog, that answers most of the questions here I guess

O.K. I will stop ranting from now on till then.

@ rundll.exe

Can you give us a link to this blog...?

Although it is good to see some information posted my first reaction is:

1) This is going to take forever. It isn't even in the testing stages yet! At this rate it is going to be 8 or 9 months between patches?!! This is long past simply "have patience".

2) The community are the QA department? Great way to save money, but shouldn't we see the benefits of this by seeing more frequent patches??

You know it seems like the community is divided into two groups. The people who are in love with modifying the game (this group is content to wait until hell freezes over for the next patch) and the other group are people who actually play Arma. This last group is the people who spend hours on a server but then some 10 year old script kiddie shows up and wrecks the gameplay for all.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=70136

Quote[/b] ] It isn't even in the testing stages yet!

From what we know it is already being tested.

If so, where is the beta patch? Other beta patches has been made public.

First they do closed testing, and then when they are sure it works the public testing starts.

They wont release it straight to the public because it may have major issues.

Maybe they are also trying to fix a few known problems before they release it.

Maybe they are also trying to fix a few known problems before they release it.

If that's the case I truly hope they spend all the time they need.

Does BIS know that tomorrow is Saint Nicholas Day? xmas_o.gif

Little gifts maybe some nice patch or maybe more information about progress with it...

Don't forget:

Give your boots a shine!

Today is Saint Nikolaas... Sinterklaas present evening in holland and I was a good boy, set my shoe with a carrot for Sinterklaas' horse at the chimney soooo should BIS care? No I actually want it on MY BIRTDAY if it is properly tested tounge2.gif

6th December is Independence Day

No patches this week please, I am too busy with other, much more important things  inlove.gif

It's International Saint Nicholas Day. Doesn't people in Finland have such an old custom too?

Could be International ArmA Patchday too biggrin_o.gif

It's International Saint Nicholas Day. Doesn't people in Finland have such an old custom too?

Could be International ArmA Patchday too biggrin_o.gif

I thought it was Dutch/Belgium/Parts of Germany only, the rest of the world knows him as Santa Claus but he comes a few weeks too late. biggrin_o.gif

It's more celebration for children in Europe with nice little gifts. wink_o.gif

Santa Claus derive from this legend.

Question:

Do we get some addons to next patch?

Answer:

Nothing has been said about them and I'm guessing that there are other much more important issues to take care of than a new gun. That makes it a no.