Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM - HAC Huey UH-1H

Just for reference purposes wink_o.gif

Pictures5CUH-1h5Cuh_1h_3.jpg

The shape looks fine to me. I don't see a problem with the nose of your models...it looks a lot like the real life picture.

Abs

[Moderator Mode ON]

XSparky, the 100kb limit also goes for you! Please do not hotlink pics > 100kb! This is the last warning, this mod had some before!

[Moderator Mode OFF]

Hey guys, are we going to see a "Greece" island from you? Just thought I'd ask.

Abs

With Desert Island and Malden the Cold War Rearmed project is preparing two island with the shape of Greek islands. Maybe one day HWM can make them closer to the Greek originals?

i think roberthammer meant longer nose.. not bigger. from real life pics, the nose does kinda looked longer than from the blueprint thus your model. and your model's nose looked kinda roundish compared to real when it looked <dont know what word to use>.

really have to look very hard though. i also thought at first there was nothing wrong with your model.

Very impressive work smile_o.gif

I love to be able to use the Huey in my arma now soon thumbs-up.gif

I think the problem is more to do with the angle and perspective in the pictures. In the pictures in the first post the nose looks pretty much the same as the actual pix of the Huey. But in the HWM pix on the second page, the nose looks a little taller and rounder. But in the pix on the second page I'm referring to, the bird is a bit of center(ie. it's not a perfect side profile as the reference pix and blueprint.)

Either way, I say screw it. There will always be something in any mod that someone can think of that isn't quite accurate. There has to be a point were the creators stop trying to tweak something or it will never be finished. If the nose really is slightly different it ain't gonna detract me from dl'ing. Everything else about the Huey is absolutely amazing. I look forward to using these. Beautiful work again guys.

Well guys we thank you all for your interest and comments.

Let me tell you correct nose or not the "myth" is looking and flying great, especially if you are hearing rock & roll in the background. wink_o.gif

We are working as fast as we can to finish all new addons for pack 2 and do some tuning to pack1, so we can publish.

ps->any good link for Huey sounds would be appreciated??

thanks all of you for you kind comments and feedback

now some clarifications.

-About rotors.

huey_fm_004.jpg

huey_fm_013.jpg

i believe that we couldn't do it better that these images. almost identical

-About the nose. for blueprints we used the diagrams from Uh-1H manual.

image...

side_new.jpg

now since our noise is 99% identical to this iamge (side view) i believe there is no problem with this nose.

This is such an impressive model.

The interior is like wow_o.gif

good luck to the rest of the mod. cant wait to try this out.

God do I love the Huey. Was my dad's favorite helicopter, he was in vietnam and saw hueys and all types of cargo aircraft and phantoms were his fav.

I'm sure that realistically, the South Sahranians would have f-16s and hueys for sure.

Great model! smile_o.gif

Great work getting these finally into ArmA.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: I think a RACS huey would fit in nice with the current RACS vehicles/helis.

Great work getting these finally into ArmA. smile_o.gif

EDIT: I think a RACS huey would fit in nice with the current RACS vehicles/helis.

X2

An "International" version without any Greek markings would be good.

Thanks all of you guys. So after this interest on our huey we decided to create separate textures with flags+numbers in the tail in order to be widely playable by most of you. But we're not going to change the basic texture, after all we believe that this color scheme fits for most of the armies.

And something for goodnight.....

(i know i shouldn't but i can't keep my hand of the "printscreen" button)

huey_fm_022.jpg

huey_fm_021.jpg

Freakin beautiful, can't wait until it's released. Are there many bugs or is it good to go soon cuz man, such a beautiful model and skin is making me want it faster and faster! wow_o.gifnotworthy.gifhelp.gif

We have many real sounds of huey but any contribution will be gladly accepted wink_o.gif

And regarding RPT errors ......... so far ......... "zero".

GJ..very nice huey indeed..i noticed the nose issue as well..looks like a bit pushed inwards. It may be due to steeper angle of the front windows. Giving a bit more angle should ease that feeling.

But really great work..all the interior and the rest.

Will be a great addition after the final tweaks.