Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM - HAC Huey UH-1H

Easy fix for the nose , make it a little longer , that's all .

Because the nose right now is lookin like square.

First, as I said we are looking about "nose" issue.

Second .... this is an UH-1H huey, not G or N or any other model.

Third ........ US Army variation is also under development.

usarmy_var.jpg

Ok, so now let;s talk about the nose in technical aspects. After this discussion about the nose, we recheck our blueprint, and indeed the nose was smaller, but not as small as you could state. Anyway the fact is that you were right, so we tried to recreate the nose. Please note that this recreation was/is really difficult, since the model has been imported into O2 after the creation in 3dsmax (with UVW maps) any change can cause texture stretching, and trust me, we don't want that. For the other hand, to delete faces and recreate them, it's somehow difficult cause we have to adapt thew new part into the already made UVW map, so we have to be also very careful, and limited exactly in a specific "small" part of the model, in order not to destroy our UVW map.

Anyway, the thing is that we gave it a shot, and here is the result. So i would like to ask....

Is the new nose better that the old, and when i say better i mean more correct

comp.jpg

I like the old nose, i dont really no what was a matter with it.. If its not totoaly real to the inch who cares lol.

Anyways all those skins you have of it looks great.  smile_o.gif

I cant wait for your hole mod to be released as it all looks good.

Infact they both look good.

Why not just get rid of the nose? nener.gif

Just kidding. Make the nose how you guys want it, mates. Ignore the rest. pistols.gif

Abs

Why not just get rid of the nose? nener.gif

Just kidding. Make the nose how you guys want it, mates. Ignore the rest. pistols.gif

Abs

Absolutely agree with Abs. Ultimately, I will be extremely satisfied with either version and appreciate the time you spent making this for us. Which ever version you decide to release is fine with me. Either way, the both look fantastic.

As a side note, the new version looks a lot closer to the rl pictures. If you are satisfied with it, that's what matters. I'll use and enjoy which ever version you decide on.

We will keep the new version as we also believe that is closer to real. Thanks for all the help provided so far.

Great work thus far guys!

quick request: Would it be possible for us to get some m134's on the sides and get it in grey with MARINE written on it? That'd be awesome.

notworthy.gif

My vote is new nose! It looks a little bit better (but I think the old nose was fine)

The US Army version looks great - I know you're sick of model requests - but perhaps could you take the US Army version and just replace the tail lettering with "RACS"? Just so that there's a green Sahrani version too?

Just ignore this post if you're sick of version requests! wink_o.gif

Thanks guys for all your hard work!

Stew yay.gif

why not making it as realistic as possible? icon_rolleyes.gif

even if it looks bad or magnific

Looks like we have a bunch of nose-fetishists here biggrin_o.gif

Great work,

very nice Huey!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

My vote is new nose! It looks a little bit better (but I think the old nose was fine)

The US Army version looks great - I know you're sick of model requests - but perhaps could you take the US Army version and just replace the tail lettering with "RACS"? Just so that there's a green Sahrani version too?

Just ignore this post if you're sick of version requests! wink_o.gif

Thanks guys for all your hard work!

Stew yay.gif

theres a screenshot of that in page 6 i think smile_o.gif

With the US Army variant, are you putting the M240 on the door guns or the M2 or the M60? or just leaving the MG3?

We are also thinking about a new (from scratch) M60, but not at the first release probably (not sure about it yet). I'll give you more info soon.

As for texture variations ..... let us complete the addon and I'll come back to this.

We currently working in some realism details as destruction system ..... etc  wink_o.gif

After a short discussion with my team regarding the weapon that our huey will have fitted, we decide at first place to release it with the MG3. The reason is that if we must start from scratch a new M60 the release date will go far away and we believe that nobody wants that.

After a short discussion with my team regarding the weapon that our huey will have fitted, we decide at first place to release it with the MG3. The reason is that if we must start from scratch a new M60 the release date will go far away and we believe that nobody wants that.

In the end, what weapon its equipped with isnt that important. Just flying this beast is what i'm looking forward to.

Keep up the good work guys smile_o.gif