Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

With these missions, as well as every mission IMHO, if you truly want to get the tactical experience then CoC CEX should be implemented into them. I've been adding their command engine into every mission I play. Or at least trying, it's not all that difficult to do.

You guys need to check it out if you haven't already.

Yeah I'll have to try out the CoC CEX thing and see if I can get the hang of it or if whether I enjoy it or not.

What I prefer more is enhanced AI like where I could script AI to hide around corners. I need to see if I can find someone to do a script with the lean animation on the AI but where they stay in one position near a corner and only lean and shoot at you (and then hide again) when you enter a trigger area. That way it simulates more how real infantry fight in urban areas rather then just fighting in the middle of the streets (which does happen but you take cover when possible). Also in OFP, their was one of the Chinese mods that had their units doing covering fire for each other using some fairly sophisticated AI enhancement. If it it wasn't for the popping up and down (from standing to prone) issues and a few odd animations, it would have been perfect. But if anyone knows of any similar AI enhancement scripts that would be very useful.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Airsupport for IDF is inbound:

LoBo_F-16I_1.jpg

My apologies for the crappy photo as I zoomed it a bit in photoshop. I sadly missed a more awesome screen shot where an F-16I was shooting with cannon at a SU-34 strafing IDF tanks at about 20 ft off the ground. LOL!

At any rate, right now it just has some problems with the landing gear sticking out and still needs the 2nd crewmember added and different variants made. But overall its flying well and kicking ass. Basic model is based on Footmunch's old OFP model. Yes I know people will complain about how its not optimized for ArmA, but I didn't get any major performance problems in a giant furball of 24 planes fighting each other. If you use it with hundreds of ground units maybe...but otherwise it works just fine and we hope to optimize it more as we update and refine this and our other aircraft addons.

We also have Hezbollah units almost complete to include custom PASGT body armor like on our old OFP units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

HAHAHAHA!!! I know it sucks total ass!!!! Even by OFP standards.... ok...I promise, next screenshot will be much more awesome.

lol!

Better yet I need to make some videos with Fraps.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

we could use an A-4 as well.........

You and your A-4, you even asked me if I was completin' my A-4 mod tounge2.gif (which is non-existant)

You and your A-4, you even asked me if I was completin' my A-4 mod tounge2.gif (which is non-existant)

what can i say an A-4 with IAF roundels on the wings is one of my favorite creations.....

what can i say an A-4 with IAF roundels on the wings is one of my favorite creations.....

It certainly is a beautiful aircraft =]

Stuff like the A-4 will come later in historical packs (which probably won't be done until well after ArmA2 comes out).  We simply lack the man-power to do all of that right now.  

For the moment, we are concentrating on just making a modern pack and hopefully will have vehicles for all the major roles (tank, APC, transport helicopter, gunship, transport aircraft, jeep, truck, ships, etc...).     That way solid realistic missions can be made using combined arms stretegies and different scenarios.   I think for the IAF Apache gunship we're just going to use the original MapFacts Apache along with a small pbo that modifies it slightly to use the IAF roundels that they included with that pack (I'm assuming with the Lost Brothers Mod in mind).   This is because it quite simply is the best Apache out there right now and the thermal imaging system on it is amazing.   We may also convert an AH-1S Cobra.   Before anyone says it, no we can't modify the ArmA Cobra because its a twin-engined Super Cobra which the IDF does not use.  

The other major helicopter we need to make is the IDF version of the UH-60 blackhawk.   Hopefully we'll find someone who can help us with the desert cammo retexturing.

Until then I may attempt to just use a black version with the large yellow V on the side that identifies IDF helicopters.

However for it to be truly realistic, I really should replace the GAU-134's with Negev MG's as door guns.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

any idea on when the pack is going to be ready? I cant wait icon_rolleyes.gif

I allready made a map with several hamas forces, just waiting to add an israeli army with tanks and such.

They will be available very soon as I will try to finish them over Spring Break (although I also have to work on finishing my thesis during that time). We fixed the MG problem on the Zelda and just need to finish it up and we're just fixing up little bugs on the F-16I, Hamas, and Hezbollah units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hey Miles do you think you would be able to get the arming system from Franze's F-18 to work on your Sufa?

Probably not due to the complications with getting the Ai to use a specific loadout. Until a simple init script is made for certain loadouts using that system, we will stick with making several versions so that mission makers can have the AI pilots use them.

However we might maybe make one version that uses Franze's system. But that will be later. Priority is just fixing up remaining bugs and releasing it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

tracking buddy,....... cant wait for the release

HIDE YOUR CHILDREN, COVER YOUR WIVES, HIDE THE LIQUOR....

HEZBALLS ARE RIDING INTO TOWN!!!!

LoBo_Hezballz1.jpg

Hezbollah commando with his Polish PM-63 sub-machine gun.

"You talking to me kafr pig?"- Commando Mohammad Ibrahim

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

HIDE YOUR CHILDREN, COVER YOUR WIVES, HIDE THE LIQUOR....

HEZBALLS ARE RIDING INTO TOWN!!!!

LoBo_Hezballz1.jpg

Hezbollah commando with his Polish PM-63 sub-machine gun.

"You talking to me kafr pig?"- Commando Mohammad Ibrahim

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think your addons are great except the face notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

The lebanon guys and Syrians are lighter skins than Iseria boys

For right now, our Hezbollah units will be equipped with a huge range of equipment including a big mixture of Western and Russian made weapons. These include:

M16A2, M4 (might be switched to CAR-15), PM-63 SMG, AK-47, AK-47 folding stock, RPK-47, RPD, M249, PKM, SA-7, RPG-7, RPG-7/PSO scope, RPG-16, and the massive RPG-29 Vampire.

Vehicles for now are just the BIS UAZ/MG and a motorcycle.

In later updates we'll likely add bangalore torpedoes once we get them working.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow thats really nice! it will be a nice change from the hamas worriors, these guys are way more tough...

wow miles...... i can't wait to test the blood textures on them biggrin_o.gif

we cant wait untill we have our hands on the pack alwayz great work guys smile_o.gif hope it will b released soon really soon.....

New IDF PALSAT NAHAL (PALSAT - Scouts and Sniper Company) units.

PALSAT operators observe enemy targets from a nearby hill

PALTAS_1.JPG

And the closeup:

PALTAS_2.JPG