Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

Oh yeah, no doubt a lot of work will need to be done to convert an A to D model. Thats why one option that we have is to just convert the model we used in our OFP mod which was an accurate AH-64D model made by the BOH mod and used with their permission. However I need to get permission again from them (if I can get ahold of them) to convert it to ArmA. But right now, the Mapfacts version is fine and they were nice enough to include an Israeli version. The main reason why we use it is the kick ass FLIR on it.

smile_o.gif

I just wish they'd make a standalone system like that which could be applied to tanks and other helicopters and airplanes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the flir system is really accurate and its the most amazing thing on the ah-64 and it looks the same as that video on youtube shooting the insurgents..... ur ah-64 will do just fine miles in the addon and hows everything with the pack miles whistle.gif soon.... wink_o.gif

As accurate as default Arma can have anyway, the only thing it has in common with the videos is its greyscaled..which there isn't much that can be done with that since there is no heat system (which could have been included into the games core by BIS since its a DX9 standard)

Actually miles I meant the whole thing, even the A version will need some heavy tweaking if you plan on getting it realistic..if you really want a list of what would need to happen then I'll tell ya. smile_o.gif

(Again BOH used the BIS model, the only thing that 'belongs' to them are the EFABS, FCR and texture on it, not the whole model)

All I remember is that when we compared the BOH model to the BIS model there were a whole bunch of differences. They didn't just add a longbow radar to it. The whole model was heavily modified if it was the BIS model. At any rate, for right now nobody on our mod team has the skill to modify it into a D model. I would recommend getting ahold of the MapFacts people and working with them to make a D model. That would be very nice. Of coarse that would also mean much bigger Apache addon if they made as many variants. Personally I would be happy with just the multi-role variant of the AH-64D.

Update: Hamas guys fixed. I'm just finishing up a couple of missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

miles r the soldiers in the pack will have blood textures when they get hit or the soldiers r still the same as b4.....

Still no blood textures... we never got around to finding a tutorial for making them... anyone who wants to is welcome to help us make them if they know how to.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, is there any progress? Any new pictures you guys can show us?...

I would love to see an Israeli version of rygugu's M60 tank.

Keep it up! wink_o.gif

Lennard. smile_o.gif

We're just waiting on Vilas to release his '85 weapon's pack that our mod is now using.  

As for the M60, we already have a Magach 6 with ERA in the mod now based on Sigma-6's OFP model.  It's a good model so we have no reason to not use it.

I'll try to make some new pics soon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Having been recruited by Miles teg to help in the MOD.... a little preview.....

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Get ready to run you wacky Syrians!!!

I like it, though aren't the colors a wee....bright? Could just be my monitor settings though. But otherwise looks good m8.

wow, nice addon, thanks for the chopper, now after the release of Spanish Army Insurgent pack we can make awesome Israeli mid east combats!

now all we need are merkavas and a mod that enables units to throw rocks! lol, that's going to be great!

thanks for the mod!

We'll have a big update soon with the Merkava Mk4 amongst other things including our own Hamas (althought not as nice as FFAA hamas guys) and some very good looking Hezbollah soldiers.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Those are the updates.... the Mk4 and the Hezbollah. We haven't released those yet. As I mentioned before, they're ready go. We're just waiting on the P'85 team to release their beta pack with the updated Vilas Weapons pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome job on the A-4 wld427. I'm looking forward to beta testing it. If we ever get our T-34 and Isherman's converted it'll provide some great close air support. We got a Centurion in need of converting as well, but the Magach 6 is already done, so at least we have a M60 tank as part of our historical stuff. Yay! smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New pics:

LoBo_Hovet1.jpg

LoBo_Magach6_5.jpg

I'll be adding some more.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wowwwwww miles now thats a new vulcan for the idf keep up the good pics miles hope we c more pics b4 the release they look great

The A-4 is a straight port fron the ODP Lobo Packs. I plan to update the textures and bring some more of the aircraft over.

IE: the MiG21, F4, and possibly the MiG23.

The MOD already has the sufa ported and i will take a look at the F-15...... eventually.....

will you be releasing the S13 soldiers and Golani soldiers too?

S-13 yes, Golani no. We currently have:

Duvdevan, Sayeret Egoz, Givati, Sayeret MATKAL, NAHAL, S-13, and YAMAM.

Oh and we have a unit just called "IDF paratroopers" that I need to rename to Tzanhanim.

Edit: I am right now working on Golani...having problems with the RPG proxy position... but hopefully I'll get that sorted out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi ya'all.  I just made a couple of new screenshots.  I just updated our M4 DMS rifle to actually look like an Israeli M4 Designated Marksman System.   Also I took picture of our officer that is yet to be put in-game as he still needs a little work.  I'm debating whether or not to make an officer like him for each unit wearing a different color beret.  I think I will probably wait on that until we have a better model in just fatigues (without body armor).   For now this will just be an IDF Colonel I think.  

LoBo_DMS_1.jpg

LoBoOfficer1.jpg

I also have a video that I will be uploading...I'm just waiting for it to finish uploading to youtube.  But I will also add a link for the high quality version.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oh sweet can't wait! Yeah that would be cool to have some units down the road with the berets (not sure what they're called b'ivrit) . Especially for any squads that will be dedicated to using the lobo stuff. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Looking great Miles. I watch this thread religiously with great anticipation. thumbs-up.gif

TOtal amazing man Dude ya got to make some this stuff for the racs like hwm team. That magach 6 Looks like it about to pwn some fancy t72s @ 80s