Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

wowwwww miles u just killed us with that video looks amazing very nice yay.gif cant wait keep up the good work...

vilas mod is out, please release yours yay.gif

We have to first test our mod with the Vilas packs to make sure they are still compatible and if not making adjustments accordingly.  Furthermore, we are finishing up some de-bugging and adding in an A-4 skyhawk which is just about ready.  

I also have a TON of realworld stuff to do and my day job (and a new job I'm trying to prepare for) along with my Masters Thesis I'm trying to finish, so I'm sorry if I can't jump and get everything done immediately.  

But as usual...it'll be released when it'll be released.   Our mod is noted for actually releasing stuff, so no worries.  The pack is just about ready so it won't be long.   Not sure about the missions though...I have a few that are unfinished and probably won't make it.  Maybe next release or inbetween I'll release a mission pack.

But there will be at least one mission in the pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Excellent to hear mate. I'd rather wait and have less bugs than a rush job. It'll just make us crave it more and more. Woo! thumbs-up.gif

Netzah Yehuda Battalion, isn't it? Gotta admire their strong emuna. smile_o.gif I love 'em to death.

Miles after this addon are u gonna make some idf soldiers wearing the pasgt vest coz they will really gonna look good in it...

Hi Uzi! Yeah we're gonna make some Orthodox civililians and maybe some as soldiers as well later on.

To Raafatah64: Yes we will make IDF soldiers in the PASGT vest as part of our historic units from the 80's and early 90's.

However priority will be making troops without body armor to simulate those from the 6 Day War and Yom Kippur War. We just will need help from an addon maker in order to make the ammo harnesses used for that period or we need to find something someone else made that looks fairly close and then get permission to use that one item. Helmets will need to be changed as well although I still need to do research to identify the types used in the early 70's. I know in the late 60's they were using a combo of US M1 steel pots and British paratrooper helmets. The british helmet design is what the modern kevlar designs of both British and Israeli kevlar helmets are based off of. Thats why IDF and British helmets today look fairly similar. We might just modify our current helmet a bit and add some cammo net textures to it or something.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

One last minute addition to the pack.  It's my quick and dirty conversion of our IDF up-armored humvee from our OFP mod.  

LoBo_IDFHumvee1.jpg

Above pic of IDF up-armored humvees in a mounted raid on a village suspecting of harboring insurgents. These humvees are designed to withstand smaller roadside bombs and small arms fire.

Later I will probably edit the textures to make them prettier and adjust the model a bit here and there.  We are also just finishing up last bits of fixes on our F-16I Sufa.  The A-4 may or may not make it into this pack.  We'll see.  

So be patient...we're almost there.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOL! I was in the process of posting an inquiry as to the possibility of someday seeing some up-armored Humvees. Especially upon seeing the current WIP here.

And now you posted that. Are you a wee bit psychic, Miles? Get outta my head! tounge2.gif

One more pic of the Recon Humvee for long range missions where speed and range is more important.  The cammo bag will be made olive green. Also on the other side it carries two water/fuel 5 gallon containers.

LoBo_IDFHumvee2.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

vilas mod is out, please release yours  yay.gif

WHAT MOD U TALKIN BOUT? VILAS'S ADDONS ARE AWESOME!!yay.gif  yay.gif

yay.gif ITS PEANUT BUTTAH JEALLAY TIME yay.gif

He talks about a agreement that Vilas allows them to use some of his stuff but Vilas wanted to release his first and afterwards they can release their work that includes some of his.

At least thats how i remember it.

Oh and btw, your capslock key is stuck. wink_o.gif

Yup exactly. Vilas is a great guy and has helped us alot. We wanted him to release his stuff first as that wouldn't be right to release our stuff using his addons before he did. But his great new weapon packs and other addons are out so now we are just trying to finalize our pack as thanks to our new members and assistance from others, we have new addons that will be in the upcoming pack. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He talks about a agreement that Vilas allows them to use some of his stuff but Vilas wanted to release his first and afterwards they can release their work that includes some of his.

At least thats how i remember it.

Oh and btw, your capslock key is stuck.  wink_o.gif

uhh... ok... and uh. where do i download...this mod that vilas released?

Area51

Do not write in all capital letters. If you want to highlight some of your text use the formatting buttons.

Next time there will be real punishment. wink_o.gif

Please just bear with us guys... trying to get the last douple bugs out of the A-4 and F16 on my part..... seems i am having a few issues generated by binarizing...should be sorted out quickly

Chris, are any of the special weapons from Lost Brothers for OFP being brought into ArmA, like the silenced Ruger 10/22?

Or am I thinking of the IDF mod for Ghost Recon?

Next time there will be real punishment.

Ok, thats enough to make me not write in capital letters again... won't do that again. sorry.

Chris, are any of the special weapons from Lost Brothers for OFP being brought into ArmA, like the silenced Ruger 10/22?

Or am I thinking of the IDF mod for Ghost Recon?

Yeah we had the 10/22. We'll bring that back but not in this update. But eventually I'd like to add that. it just wasn't high priority cuz from what I understand the IDF no longer use that weapon. But I'll still eventually convert that. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lol I just got done watching "You don't mess with the Zohan" Now I'm probaply gonna make a mission about it. they had the IDF units for a few scenes. Stunning of the Detail similaritiesbetween this pack and the movie.