Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

now i understand why israel doesn't want to wait until its attacked but attacks first with those ghillie's you will never be able to hide if the enemy comes for you tounge2.gif

with a little more work this can be a very nice addon

Great work fellas

The uniforms and suits look so much like the REAL ones its amazing.

Any plans to do an iraeli weapons pack with the Negev ro Galil 5.56 or 7.62 and or IDF FAL

I'm already working on different varients of the negev.

including:

Negev

Commando Negev

Commando Negev w/ ACOG

Commando Negev w/ Meprolight

Great work fellas

The uniforms and suits look so much like the REAL ones its amazing.

Any plans to do an iraeli weapons pack with the Negev ro Galil 5.56 or 7.62 and or IDF FAL

The Galil and old FN-FAL rifles will not be seen in the ArmA version of the LoBo mod for a long time. Priority right now is just to convert all our modern stuff to ArmA. For that we need ALOT of help! So we're going very slowly at the moment given that just a couple of our mod members are working on this stuff. Right now the Negev is looking good but has some ammo-belt animation problems. We may have to release the next update with those problems, but hopefully we'll fix them before the next release (which will include Sareyet YAMAM in CQB/Counter-Terrorism configuration).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thepeople who crticize you about releasing an unfinished MOD should shut up..... where are their MODs

I can only hope and dream of the day you tell us you are releasing a Merkava MkIV, or a Magach, and maybee a Zelda or Achzarit.

Keep up the good work. pistols.gif

criticism is a good thing for any developer/modder to prevent the unfinished product from being bad. that's the point of beta testing, which is what people are doing now. they give feedback that benefits the modder.

Well there's good constructive criticism, which is indeed what some have given, and then there is non-productive criticism that doesn't really help us. There is also sometimes just opinions which we may or may not agree with.

As for releasing Merkava MkIV's, Achzarit's, etc... we are still looking for an individual who will help us do those conversions as they are not terribly easy to do. BIS sadly did not develop any tools to make conversions easier. One of the most difficult problems is that you have to entirely remap the model to make it use only a few textures. So we basically need a texture artist who knows how to map textures onto models. Then there is the issue of redoing the cpp.config for the vehicles and adding in all the new memory points for stuff like the commander's MG on a tank.

So yeah... it'll be awhile before you see vehicles although we have a couple done for us that are in late stages of completion that just need a bit more work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great addon.

Just one request: Can you please reduce the magazine capacity of the P228 to 13 rounds?

Other than that, well done so far.

Oh wow... I didn't realize that we had some giant extended ammo magazine on our P228 pistols. lol Some of our operators however will be getting Uzi pistols that will be both semi and full auto and have larger ammo magazines.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

have you guys thought of maybee colaberating with some other add on makers. I have a mercenaries weapon pack with the 7.62 galil ARM ( my SLA troops kickk some serious butt with them)(i added it to my spawn script in my evo map)and bushwars is releasing an R4 Gallil 5.56 hopefully soon. Maybee pool your efforts to help get some more infantry units out there... IE some 67 or 73 infantry.

Other wise GREAT WORK....

That would be good, although we'd have to make a new model to use the older weapons. Right now we're just trying to get a good assortment of modern/future units created before we tackle the older stuff. In OFP we have a nice range of units (including a few with Galils and Galat'z DMS rifles), but it will be a looooong time before we finish converting everything or making our ArmA part of the mod equivalent to our LoBo OFP mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Soon to be released:

IDF Sayeret YAMAM (Police CT/CQB Spec Ops unit)

LoBoIDFYAMAM1.jpg

IAF CH-53 Yassur

LoBo_Yassur1.jpg

LoBo_Yassur2.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey guys,

Great work on the addons. They are excellent.

notworthy.gif

Just a few comments, the sayeret Matkal guys wear red shoes and not black ones. I think the red shoes should be a little more brownish, but the way they are now in the Paratroopers its also fine. Also, the mitsnefet is basically a Golany brigade trademark because they operate at the northern command. But perhaps even Givati use them now , so I don't know.

Keep up the good work guys.

Libriut

keep up the good work.... an idea maybee a reskin of the cobra in IDF colors...any other air or land vehicles in the works? i dream of an IAF A-4

Right now we are VERY short-staffed so we really need help in converting vehicles from OFP.   I know VTE has a Cobra, so we may have to ask them for permission to use it (or to find out who's it was originally and then give the original author's credit as well as to the VTE member/s who did the ArmA conversion.   We can't use the BIS ArmA Cobra because its the wrong type of Cobra (Bell Super Cobra which the IAF has never used).  Another option is asking MAPfacts to use their Apache gunship. The Apache is basically replacing most of the IAF AH-1S Cobras right now, although Cobras are still used.   Personally I like the Cobra better as its a smaller target.

Any addon makers/texture artists out there- we could REALLY use your help in our mod even if its just small things that you can help with (like converting one model or fixing some textures or something).  

libriut99:  Ok..yeah didn't have any good Matkal pics that show their boots (or that weren't in black and white).  As for the mitsnefet helmet covers, yeah these days alot of different IDF units seem to be wearing them.  They're quite effective in breaking up the head outline.  Even in Arma they work fairly well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the VTE guys stuff is very.......alpha. They dont compare to the quality of your stuff... at least not yet.

I have a request is there any way you could bring in a 5.56 galil AR to arma VERY soon? maybee an OFP convert?

Damn nice work guys, you make Israeli gamers proud!

Im no modder, and I have no idea how to do half of the things you guys do, but I think the Yasuor helicopter need more work to be done...his textures are a bit plane (also, im preaty sure the real helicopters dont have a YASUOR writing on their sides, in hebrew that is  tounge2.gif )...

but other then that, really awesome work on your new models!  

Very nice work miles !!!

isn't the yasur supposed to be longer ? it looks too short for me. those thing flew past me a couple of times and they seemd more longer.

btw, only Givati uses the Tavor for now.

p.s

really liked the yamam operators, very nice work ! smile_o.gif

I'm not sure if the CH-53 length is right or not. It is based off of Fishkopff's (sp?) CH-53 which is supposed to be the most realistic one made for OFP. I've been around a few of these and the tricky thing is that they look so different depending on what angle you look at them from. All I know is that in real life thethe USMC versions look LETHAL and they have the most amazing rotor/engine sound. Our current engine/rotor sounds are ok, but I need to work on cranking the bass frequencies and figuring out how to loop a good jet engine sound under the rotor sound because in real life they sound like furious gods roaring through the skies.... just massive sounding and very awe-inspiring! They also fly REALLY fast for a helicopter which is another thing I need to see if we can improve on these big choppers (speed).

As for the Tavor, yes we have already redone weapon configurations so that only Givati soldiers are equipped with the Tavor rifles. The rest have M4A1 variants, Negev MG's, DMS rifles, and sniper rifles.

To talc: The Yassur sign was something added in. Eh...sometimes we take some artistic license kinda like my "Bullet Sponge" Merkava Mk4 that we did for OFP where I stuck that "Sponge Bob" doll on the front of the tank. lol!

Hopefully the mighty "Bullet Sponge" will appear again in ArmA once we get our Merkava Mk4's converted.

wld427: The Galil is low priority right now (sorry) as they are no longer used (aside from a few rare Galil variants in some police units and the occasional Galat'z sniper rifle that gets pulled out for some reason or another by SF units).

So basically the Galils won't get worked on until we do some 70's-80's units which will require new models.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok ok i will quit pestering you about the galil......

besides im trying to shoot my eye out with a tavor inlove.gif

how about a SD and a SD sniper version of the Tavor??

I beleive this may be fictional but you know....

well...as for marksmanship weapons we are going to have the SR-25 7.62 rifle in both silenced and unsilenced versions.

Big thanks to your whole team for bringing some units into the game that look like my old freinds i used to work with.

If you need any pictures of Israeli equipment and or personnel let me know what you are looking for. I have done alot of work with the IDF over the years and have a library of digital photos and stuuf i can scan dating back to 1982

A good shot of the rear cargo section of the Merkava Mk3 or Mk4 would be nice if its not classified...thats the hardest pic to get.  From what I can tell from videos and from IDF soldiers who have ridden in them, it has no benches (you just sit on the floor) but it would be nice if we could get some pics to see what the side walls and roof in the cargo section look like as well as any doors or anything into the turret area.

Let me see.... I'm trying to think of anything else...hmm....  oh...  do you know if the current Designated Marksman System being used is based on the M4A1 or are they using the SR-25 rifle for that now?  Anyone using the Galat'z still as a DMS rifle?  I've heard rumors of a few units still taking out a Galat'z now and then but I've not seen any pics verifying that.

Right now we just made a bunch of progress on the CH-53 and we are just working out some animation bugs (and custom ammo bugs) on our weapons.  We're also fixing up a partially converted Merkava Mk3 that we hope will be in action soon.

smile_o.gif

LoBo_Yassur3.jpg

Actually the text should read Sahrani....not Rahmadi...

In that picture the helicopter was flying very fast and zig zagging through the hills. Seeing a large helicopter fly like that thundering towards your position is an impressive sight. In the mission, me and my boys were getting our asses handed to us by hordes of SLA soldiers and SLA SF until that chopper dropped off Givati reinforcements to rescue us.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

well i dont have any picture sof the inside rear of the Merkava but i did find this on google

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7979721555004246736

its a Mk1 there are no benches in the Merkava. the boxes are non removeable specaily designe fireproof ammunition storage containers. The merk really is not a troop carrier. at best you can fit 2 to 3 soldiers in the back crumpled in there. the main reason for the rear hatch is crew escape in the event of a hit. The inside of the rear compartment is lined with a fireproof matting similar in apearance to wha tis found on the inside of the US Humvee.

The Galat'z is still a very popular rifle for the DMS. Although being replaced by one based on teh US M-16A3. Uncle Sugar provided so many of them so cheap its actually more expensive to keep upgrading the Galat'z i emailed an old coleague of mine and he will provide some photos of it for you. its basically an M-16a3 flatt top rifle with a israeli designed raill system, harris type bipod, and a trilux 4X optic.

The Galil is not retired. Still quite popular with tankers and troops operating in the dusty gaza and Negev regions. In some cases you will still find whole battalions equiped with them, as well as israeli manufactured variants of the RPG.