Sign in to follow this  
Jewish-Freak

Lost Brothers IDF Units Ver 1.6 RELEASED

if you mean "work" like shooting will it does but i cant get the gunner on the machine gun

Concerning the machine gun, I meant "work" as in both shooting and being able to turn. We actually our gunner on the MG and the sights correct. However the gun is only moving up and down but not side to side. So we're looking for anyone who can get the gun to turn side to side properly.

I can send the model and config to anyone interested in helping.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles,

i was reading in the MLOD "issue" post that you were holding out on any more releases until that was sorted out. Is this still the case? I knew your Magach and Merk were close to completion.

well...that case was pretty much sorted out.

the main delaying factor to the release is the Zelda issue, that M2 on it refuses to work.

Once we have that completed, we'll release our armor pack , Hamas pack , updated IDF infantry and updated weapons.

have you added this part in the skeletons?

(this part of code was took form vilas mod if you want me to remove it just say)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class otocvez

{

type = "rotationY";

source = "mainTurret";

selection = "otocvez";

axis = "OsaVeze";

memory = true;

sourceAddress = "loop";

minValue = rad -360;

maxValue = rad +360;

angle0 = rad -360;

angle1 = "rad 360";

};

Hey miles, will the S13 unit need Queens Gambit?

and how is the Merkava going? release soon?

thanks.

No. You will not have to have Queen's Gambit installed.

Right now we are working on an APC of some type (either a Namer , Achzarit or a Zelda) , this will complete our armor pack and it will be released along with the new updated IDF units , a fixed Yassur , our insurgent units and the updated weapons pack.

Wow sweet! thanks alot guys, seem like it would worth the wait! notworthy.gif

Guys how about making a Merkava tank? Im sick of using american tank when I do IDF missions.... Also the Yas`ur is horribly buggy.

We already have a Merkava MK4 tank.

The CH-53 Yassur problem was fixed.

We are also going to include a Zelda (Modified M113), Shayetet 13 (Naval Commandos), a modified weapons pack and IDF Duvdevan operators in this pack.

we will also release a Hamas pack and hopefully a Hezballah pack with them.

We released a Magach 6 tank already actually. Granted its not used anymore, but its still an Israeli tank (based upon the M60 tank).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

miles could we get a link to the Mgach?

We released a Magach 6 tank already actually. Granted its not used anymore, but its still an Israeli tank (based upon the M60 tank).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Really? I don't recall dl'ing that? Where might I find it? I didn't realize it was released. That's fantastic, nice surprise. biggrin_o.gif

sorry to be a little late on the historical band wagon but it would be amazing to see the raid on entebbe from the 70's

a whole campaign could be built around this complex and well executed rescue.....

on a personal note i just feel that a historical mission seems less political...more black and white if you see what i mean than modern <s>warfare</s> police action, peace keeping...liberation etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Entebbe

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Really? I don't recall dl'ing that? Where might I find it? I didn't realize it was released. That's fantastic, nice surprise. biggrin_o.gif

Oops...crap...I'm mistaken..... apprently I didn't release it.  I had thought I had with the last infantry pack but I guess not.  Well...hopefully we'll get this Zelda fixed up ASAP.  We got one main problem out of the way.  We just gotta fix up getting the tracks working and figuring out some other config stuff.    It just sucks that right now I have thesis deadline and Jewish Freak has a ton of tests as well and well basically, its just the two of us.   I'm hoping that eventually we get at least one more addon maker on board to help us out.  

I was REALLY hopeing that we'd be able to release a fully working Achzarit but for legal reasons we can't.   So we'll have to work on converting our OFP version instead (which will take a hell of a long time considering that we barely know what we're doing).  

sad_o.gif

But if the Zelda takes too long we may just release a pack with the Merkava Mk4 and Magach 6 tanks.    Hey the Mk4 fits four infantry in the rear, so there ya go...an APC!!!  lol!

At any rate the IDF will be updated a bit along with the CH-53 (which you can now fly thanks to RockofSL).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

too late miles you let the cat out of the bag!..... need a beta tester? wink_o.gifwhistle.gif

Hello,

Love the work youve put into this biggrin_o.gif

However, I believe I've found a bug/error. Recently I've been recieving error messages (found in this threadURL=http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=69;t=72115]here[/url]).

In brief, the class definitions in your configs (contained in LoBoWeapons.pbo) may be incorrect.

I am using 1.09b by the way, I hope you can correct any issues. Also, I am using other addons as well, so it is possible something else is interfering with your addon, but I am just letting you know the issue is present for me.

I await your Megach 6 tank with anticipation smile_o.gif

Ah yes. We definitely noticed that very quickly when we started using the 1.09 beta. The good news is that we have fixed that little problem so all is good now with the IDF infantry. No more error and the recoil is as it should be.

Ya know...I'm really tempted to just release the update without the APC.... cuz with the workload I'm seeing right now at school for the next few weeks, its going to be impossible for me to fix anything and I know Jewish Freak is loaded with school work also. So I'll talk to him about releasing an update. I've fixed up the infantry nicely with the only major bugs being some wierd shadow bug and missing blood textures (which I have to learn how to implement properly). But aside from that, the units now use the rvmat files from BIS so they have better looking texturing. Same texture but it just looks a ton better with proper wrinkles and stuff.

Then we have all the new units like the S-13 commandos. So overall its a nice improvment. I might make a few small fixes however before releasing all that.

The release would include the updated infantry, updated CH-53, and the Magach 6 and Merkava Mk4 (now in proper green color and with shading fixed).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

too late miles you let the cat out of the bag!..... need a beta tester? wink_o.gif  whistle.gif

Beta tester, not so much, but mission maker yes.  You have perfect qualifications for a mission maker (as well as beta tester) given your military background.  

If you'd like to make missions for us (which in the process you end up doing beta testing), we'd love to have you aboard cuz mission making takes up a ton of my time and I have a bad habit of making a ton of half-finished missions.  lol

The new pack at least will come with one complete mission.  smile_o.gif

At any rate, if you can make good basic missions, I can do the cutscene movie intros and any advanced scripting stuff like making AI insurgents laying and detonating IED's and stuff like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am very busy myself with my work load..... the war and all, but PLEAE COUNT ME IN!!!

I already have some great ideas rolling thru my head.

I wish we had a map with B'iet J'bail.

My father who also uses this account was an advisor and consultant for the US military throughout the 70's and 80's. He has a wealth of knowledge and photos of Israeli equipment. As well as som first hand accounts from Lebanon in 82 and 84.

Yeah in this last invasion of Lebanon the battle of B'iet J'bail was one hell of a battle. Both sides claimed victory and honestly I'm not sure who really won or whether the town was fully controlled by the IDF (as cameramen were interviewing Hezbollah fighters in the aftermath soon after the battle), but no doubt it was one hell of a fierce battle where battle hardened IDF infantrymen and Hezbollah commandos when toe to toe in extremely fierce house to house fighting. While the IDF did some serious assaulting with skilled combined arms coordination, Hezbollah laid superb ambushes and lured the IDF into several traps that took a heavy toll on IDF armor and infantry. Kevin Sites's Yahoo webcast "In the Hot Zone" or something like that showed video of the aftermath that showed huge amounts of wrecked IDF armor that the rest of the Western media didn't show. Oddly that video disappeared and was removed from that particular edition.

While the IDF really did kill hundreds (if not thousands) of Hezbollah fighters, and made deep inroads into their territory, it was not feasible to hold that territory and the losses taken were significant. If anything it was a big wake up call, that the modern Arab enemy forces are now well armed, and some very well trained. So not the IDF has from I understand, really ramped up its training and budget for advanced equipment like the Trophy anti-RPG/ATGM system.

We'll see in the next conflict if it works.

As for having a map of Lebanon, we had an excellent one in OFP made by Calm Terror (who really did amazing things for our mod until he got burnt out and left), but we URGENTLY need a map maker for ArmA. Sadly they are few and far between. They are rarer even then addon makers it seems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, have you approached footmunch about possible making an IAF f-16A i know they had a bunch and all have been upgraded to Israeli standards by now.... but it would get us started!

also any thoughts on converting some of your syrian aircraft from OFP to Arma?

too late miles you let the cat out of the bag!..... need a beta tester? wink_o.gifwhistle.gif

Beta tester, not so much, but mission maker yes. You have perfect qualifications for a mission maker (as well as beta tester) given your military background.

If you'd like to make missions for us (which in the process you end up doing beta testing), we'd love to have you aboard cuz mission making takes up a ton of my time and I have a bad habit of making a ton of half-finished missions. lol

The new pack at least will come with one complete mission. smile_o.gif

At any rate, if you can make good basic missions, I can do the cutscene movie intros and any advanced scripting stuff like making AI insurgents laying and detonating IED's and stuff like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles, I would love to make missions for you, not for the beta test but for the joy, but I simply lack the scripting knowledge necessary and the majority of my personal missions are simple "move to target area" with bad guys in patrol patterns and guard waypoints set to detection triggers.

Yeah...scripting is a biggie...although if you can make a good basic mission with at least triggers showing text or radio talk (simple script in the init box of a trigger like:

s1 sidechat "Alpha five, in position, we are observing 2 squads of Syrian infantry with 2 Tango-72's, Over.";

S1 being the name of the infantry unit that leads that squad or is the radio man who you name "s1".

If you can make basic missions like that which give me an idea of the more advanced scripting and story line that is needed, I can do the more advanced stuff like adding voices and making movie cutscenes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>