Issetea

Sahrani Life

Excellent job you two smile_o.gif Your constant updates are something to really admire biggrin_o.gif

Map needs more secrets and eastereggs biggrin_o.gif.

There REALLY needs to be an option to skip the intro.

the mission is good now smile_o.gif i dont see bugs in the time than i play, i see only a cheater he is using the speedhack he run 100 meters in 3 second or something i see him in the map he travel 2000 meter in 1 min, what we can do whit this cheaters, arma dont have punkbuster or something ?? i boring play whit a cheeater guys he is imposible to chatch him i run to the terror hideout in  a shoort time and is not posible to catch him, well arma needs a punkbuster or something to play properly smile_o.gif

the hacker name is shagrot is a fuckin nerd hacker smile_o.gif

thank you guys for ur great mission and all this fun hours I spent in multiplayer this weekend playing it smile_o.gif)))

But while playing I felt that something missing in general. I don't know will u be updating ur mission or not but there is a little idea for you in a case if u thinking to add more stuff into ur mission - city judge or president or major of the island. This role must be elected once per hour and only judge/president can send/free prisoners from jail. It's very important since lot of cops doing arrests for fun so cop can make temporarily arrest ( person goes to Bangago jail room ) and then Judge/President can free him or put into the jail on separate island. President also can send cop to jail in a case if cop doing illegal stuff ( same as arrests for fun ). Any way, Judge/President can also do lot of interesting additional stuff, such as giving special licenses or orders, quests or missions, construction and agreements etc ... it's all up to ur fantasy smile_o.gif))

thanks again for ur mission

max

ok Police is extremely easy to abuse:

- they can send you to jail anytime immediately and w/o chance to prevent it

- in jail You loose all You inventory and money at moment of being jailed, this include items You own legally (medkits, repairkits, cans, weapons u got license for etc) ...

* this should be returned on jail exit

not to mention time lost by travel back (i even not checked if i loose my car(s))

- there should be record who from police jail You and for what

- police should NOT be able to arrest at spawn hospital / please move BANK away from hospital/start

- police should NOT be able to give 'unlimited' number of tickets while You withdraw from bank terminal or just after ...

- garage should be selling car repair kits for bit higher price...

nearest kits from masbette are in terror camp and thats quite far

- ability to buy magazine packs (pain to buy tons of single magazines in row)

- please add ability where civils are able form own alliance and channel, so they can talk only with who they trust to,

- show hideout location on map

- server setup option to disable markers as it's tragic when police can easily figure where You are ...

---

for more players version

mafia>hitman,smuggler,robber

police>usual law guards

terrorists>robber,hitman,attacks on police/gov objects (major houses)

swat/army>take care of terrorists and sharp mafia guys

independent>taxidriver,bountyhunter,courier,trader,fireman,doctor

It was a load of funn! thumbs-up.gif

Only thing i would suggest is using a few addons

-Piper Warrior

-SWAT stuff

-SOme weapon packs( to give it a newer feel)

And other then that, its lot of fun!!! notworthy.gif

I agree with most of what Dwarden said, basically my experiences playing civilian have all ended in headaches. The main problem being I can't keep money, there should be some kind of way that your money is secure. When I keep money on me, some idiot cop or griefer runs me over and/or shoots me. When I keep it in the bank it gets robbed, I basically get stuck losing all my money every 15 min or so. There needs to be some kind of automatic punishment for these guys, I assume they are just Jr. High kiddies that can't control themselves but they've got to be stopped if this mission is to work.

Edit: Also one thing I forgot that I'm sure most players would agree on is that the intro is ridiculously long.

Hmm, there are alot of things that are somewhat out of control. Sometimes the cops are a bit out of control, and sometimes there will be a cop tking and blowing up the base.

i think police needs some sort of stun weapons ...

close range stun (electric shock)

and medium range (~50-100m) stun (e.g. net thrower or tranquilizer)

that waythey can catch someone w/o killing

since you put out 1.02 I unpboed 1.01 and added slots, map now has a total of 30 slots. 10 police and 20 civs. people seem to like the larger # of players. I have a few bugs to fix, mostly in the stats hint for police, also notice that the map doesnt seem to reset completely, sometimes leaves the crates for police even after the server crashed.

anyway all the credits stayed as they are i took no credit for work, just wanted to let you know it was out there.

-Col.Sniper[Recon]

reconsig.jpg

Nice map biggrin_o.gif

i also found that SLA attacking 0.0|||

it's annoying that civ in bagango was killed before they get weapons -_-

bank robbery ...

any chance if police officer sees the violator but he escapes that bounty on his head is automatically higher

(as it's not 'someone' but known person)

btw. about they buy system and equipment any chance use UI like berseker (from zaphod) uses ?

his version 2.0 looks fantatic ...

also atm. i get huge problems with the civ menu (it blinks, sometimes dissapear or choose different action)

nice mission, but i got upset cause alot of people just dont know how to play it and keep on arresting everybody. i just joined a game...walking down the street...and got arrested for that...2min later - same thing!

all cops should see who arrested who and why, same goes for fines/tickets ...

There are a lot of noob cops who ***JAIL*** you for allegedly having a weapon...

Why?

Because when they did the Disarm, it said weapon was taken.

EVEN IF YOU HAD NO WEAPON AT ALL.

Sometimes they even shoot you as penalty for having a weapon... WHICH YOU DID NOT EVEN HAVE!

Have to keep explaining to noob cops over and over again...

----

How about ATM's at the Terror Camp and the Jail? The Jail is most important because if a noob cop arrests you for no reason before you can withdraw money from the bank, then you cant even pay bail, because its all in the bank and not in your hands!

I got shot by cops for depositing my >10000 coins at a bank when they "thought I was going to rob it". I lost all my money and my equipment too. You can imagine how thrilled I was.

Guest Ti0n3r

How about adding something to prevent cops from killing/arresting you with no good reason? Like removal of that cops ability to arrest/wear weapon for some time after the incident.

no, only thing that helps: dnt play with teh noobs, sadly sad_o.gif

today it worked out for me: i was cop and we voted a civilian as admin. he kicked cops that were noobs/didnt warn before shooting or killing without reason. he was a little asholish but all in all it worked out well.

so my point is: get a civilian as admin, this would be similar to having a major...he could "dismiss" cops but at the same time be corrupt as hell

Quote[/b] ]You might want to consider using the mission name standard stickied on this forum, it would help in keeping the mission list in order.

will changed in Version 1.1

Quote[/b] ]There REALLY needs to be an option to skip the intro.

As we said before, the scripts need time to load and because of this we can't remove the intro.

Quote[/b] ]city judge or president or major of the island.

Will be included later, not sure wether in Version 1.1 or not.

Quote[/b] ]ability to buy magazine packs (pain to buy tons of single magazines in row.

Quote[/b] ]show hideout location on map

Quote[/b] ]since you put out 1.02 I unpboed 1.01 and added slots, map now has a total of 30 slots.

Only adding the slots won't help much since you have to change a lot of scripts before it works (such as arrest, tickets, bank...). More slots will be added in a later version of Sahrani Life.

There are a lot problems caused by the players (spawn arrest, tickets...), but we can't remove or change these features, because they are important for the mission. If a cop isn't able to arrest a civ at the civ hospital he is still able to shoot him.

Cool news about the judge/president/mayor whatever, i hope you and Fewo can come up with some cool ideas for how to make that work..

By the way, a lot of problems with the map which people are posting about are due to the players. Dwarden is right in saying the police are too easy to abuse and raises some good points/ideas.

At the end of the day all you need is to get a COMPETANT admin, set out the rules at game start, give people 3 strikes or whatever, 3 strikes and they get kicked if they do not follow the rules. When people join, make sure you tell them the rules and tell them the punishment procedure etc.

by the way Dwarden, i completely support the idea of non lethal weapons for Cops, i posted about this for Sahraniville, i was suggesting rubber bullets and stuff like that, so people can be disarmed instead of just being killed, when hit with a rubber bullet or taser then they hit the floor and are paralysed for a few seconds.. At least it would stop people screaming "OMFG WTF U KILL ME FOR ASSHOLE, WHY WHY?!?!" because cops are just itching to shoot you instead of waiting to find out the full story or risk getting killed themselves. (when the rules state they must warn before they shoot)

I did change the scripts, lotsa of work. I cant imagine the time it took you guys to do it from scratch. like I said the only problems seem to be in the stat display for police, still looking for the missed item there.

I noticed someone saying

Quote[/b] ]Because when they did the Disarm, it said weapon was taken.

EVEN IF YOU HAD NO WEAPON AT ALL.

I have never seen it say I disarmed anyone who didnt have a weapon, I usually get you cannot afford to do this message on un armed civs.

==cops==

As for complaints about the cops shooting people, seems most games I have been in cops are targets for civs who wanna b#$%h and whine, when they dont want to stop or point weapons at the cops. Thats not saying that there are not cops who need to be kicked from servers for abuse. Just that everyone needs to see all thats going on not jut that cops are shooting people. Civs that run around shooting people without cause sometimes create the problem.

===    Bug   ====

A bug I noticed is police shoot a criminal and have a fine against them for shooting an a civ who isnt wanted?

===Admin===    

A compentent admin is someone who looks at every thing and makes a choice based on his observations. Not because you are whining he abused me, shot me, etc. Sometimes things have to happen more than once, so the admin can see a pattern of behavior.  Just last night I had one guy complain about half the people on server in rotation. Excessive complaints make it hard for an Admin to track actual problems.

So maybe people should cut back on general complaints and point out actual problems.

==Tickets==

Would it be possible to have a hint or general statement appear to all or just police that "cop1 gave a ticket to civ1" so that multiple tickets are not issued at the same time?

== communication==

most servers have a teamspeak, players should use it. this would cut down on mistakes and its alot faster than typing.

In game voice comms are crappy and hard to hear and cannot be controlled against abuse, such as people jamming comms by playing music over the in game comms.

==non lethal weapons==

you are joking right? why put the police at a bigger disadvantage then they all ready have? you want the cops to not shoot first, now you want non lethal weapons?

Why dont we just take away their guns completely? maybe put a big bullseye on them while we are at it?

Anyway just some opinions, may not be correct but their mine :P

-Col.Sniper[Recon]

reconsig.jpg