Issetea

Sahrani Life

I love this map however the server I have been playing it on has some power tripping cops.

Anyways

I think all armor vehicles shouldn't be able to be bought in game, usually when I join, the cops are already rolling around in M113s. I mean, what normal police force has access to armored vehicles?

Like other people have been saying gangs would be fun ~ but as someone was saying they shouldn't be labeled gangs from the get go, thus they could be alternatively named Social Clubs. As any viewer of Italian American mafioso movies know all the biggest schemes occur in the social clubs.

Also 32 player support I think would facilitate gang creation, 8 Cops and then 3 different 8 man gangs or 6 4 man gangs.

Other than that I am really enjoying this map.

Thanks

I haven't read through everything, so if this has been mentioned before, excuse.

I always play as a cop, and what I would see beneficial to the civs is if you could add some sort of notepad or page where the cops can write the rules they're currently enforcing.

That way civs can check it and follow them (if they are law abiding). As a cop all I see most of the time is "I DIDN'T KNOW!! WAAA!!!" from civ's who don't bother reading global chat etc.

I haven't read through everything, so if this has been mentioned before, excuse.

I always play as a cop, and what I would see beneficial to the civs is if you could add some sort of notepad or page where the cops can write the rules they're currently enforcing.

That way civs can check it and follow them (if they are law abiding). As a cop all I see most of the time is "I DIDN'T KNOW!! WAAA!!!" from civ's who don't bother reading global chat etc.

This is one of the best suggestions i read so far!

Good idea!!!!!

Mybe even in 1.1 *lookingtoisseteaandfewa* whistle.gif

Regards, Christian

That way civs can check it and follow them (if they are law abiding).  As a cop all I see  most of the time is "I DIDN'T KNOW!! WAAA!!!" from civ's who don't bother reading global chat etc.

This is one of the best suggestions i read so far!

Good idea!!!!!

Mybe even in 1.1  *lookingtoisseteaandfewa*  whistle.gif

Regards, Christian

Yeah i suggested that for Sahraniville, it should allow cops to set the rules/laws on map start, and be able to modify as the situation changes in the game.

Then when someone connects, show the dialog with the laws written so everyone has no excuse. When a change is made, a hint pops up telling everyone, then they can review it by a radio command maybe?

By the way Issetea + Fewo, i think my suggestion for territory control may be a bit radical, i think it may turn it into a sort of CTI gametype :S so please, make your own judgements on it and dont just take our words for it, you made the map great so far, dont lose its class, but anything you can add would be great so long as it doesnt completely change the gameplay smile_o.gif

Me and few guys from the KaoS squad played this mission all weekend and loved it! There were a few suggestions that I think could help make this game more playable.

1. We didn't much lag durring the game, even after hours upon hours of play, however we noticed that many vehicals litter the world after so many people come and go. There are two ways a player can berid himself of a vehical that is of no use.

A. The player can throw away the car key he doesn't want.

B. The player can sell the car.

The solution to all the extra cars littering the world would be that once a player leaves the server the cars that player controls despawns.

2. Once a player leaves the server he or she loses all money, businesses, workplaces, hideouts, ect...

Is there some way this can be fixed? Kinda like the guys working on evolution have done? This way even if a player looses connection, at least they can come back without starting all over again.

Oh yea almost forgot. The AA launchers are just cheap and cheesey. There's really no need for them and it takes away from the chase + fun factor in the game.

Oh yea almost forgot. The AA launchers are just cheap and cheesey. There's really no need for them and it takes away from the chase + fun factor in the game.

I agree. Aircraft cost huge amounts and they can be shot with other weapons.

I agree. Aircraft cost huge amounts and they can be shot with other weapons.

I agree too!

AA Lauches should be not avalable anymore or just for Cops after a long long time and only one or two rockets every some hours...

Regards, Christian

Played some more and the terrorcamp *really* needs a bank. I stole the truck, as I do, and got chased all the way by cops, no time to stop for cash.

So i reach the camp and the truck is gone...I have $0. The place is surrounded by cops and i'm helpless. Don't have enough money to make a stealthy escape with a jammer, don't have enough money to buy a car. My only two choices are to stay in there forever, or run in a random direction and get shot in less than a minute because of my marker.

The markers really need to go. Instead make triggerlist sectors and list players who are there, like "ThisNoob is in Bagango". Also the Civ1, Civ2 and Cop1 names are very inconvenient when it's easy enough to make it show the player's true name.

The markers really need to go. Instead make triggerlist sectors and list players who are there, like "ThisNoob is in Bagango". Also the Civ1, Civ2 and Cop1 names are very inconvenient when it's easy enough to make it show the player's true name.

I dont agree to this...

Markers need to be kept there... otherwise its impossible for the Cops to do their Jobs properly.

A middleway between your suggestion and the current way could be, to have only the currently used "exact Markers" inside citys and outside of citys something you mentioned like triggered sectors which showing "Civx is south between Bagango and xxx".

But there is the Problem where to display such a large message...

The ohter thing i do criticizing about the currently used markers is their size.

They are way to big, currently if all civs in Bagango you cant distinguish between that whole lot of markers - just imagine with 32 Players?!

I hope we will see much smaller markers in 1.1 - which will keep their (small) size also when zooming out. This is a must have for 1.1 i think.

Quote[/b] ]Played some more and the terrorcamp *really* needs a bank. I stole the truck, as I do, and got chased all the way by cops, no time to stop for cash.

So i reach the camp and the truck is gone...I have $0. The place is surrounded by cops and i'm helpless. Don't have enough money to make a stealthy escape with a jammer, don't have enough money to buy a car. My only two choices are to stay in there forever, or run in a random direction and get shot in less than a minute because of my marker.

Easy solution:

Just take some money with you, when you planning to "steal" the weapons-truck and bringing it to the terrorcamp.

Personally i dont like a ATM in the terrorcamp for various reasons.

But thats just my personal oppinion.

Regards, Christian

Played some more and the terrorcamp *really* needs a bank. I stole the truck, as I do, and got chased all the way by cops, no time to stop for cash.

put ur hideout inside the terror camp and use online banking.

I found another bug. Try this...

Rob the bank and then deposit what you robbed. Does it matter if the cops shoot you for it? You still have all the cash

Rob the bank and then deposit what you robbed. Does it matter if the cops shoot you for it? You still have all the cash

N00000oooooo was working real well without the Cops knowing about it ....you just gave away the big secret banghead.gif

That was fixed in 1.02, you can't use the bank for 10 minutes after robbing.

I think civ marker refresh rate should be taken down to about 30sec-1min so it would be easier to escape bank robbery etc and cops couldnt catch criminals just by looking map.

And maybe cops could later buy more frequent refresh rate when they have played a bit.

Still in 1.02?

Quote[/b] ]N00000oooooo was working real well without the Cops knowing about it ....you just gave away the big secret banghead.gif

No please be serious!

Is this Bug still in 1.02? I never robbed the Bank as a civ....

Regards, Christian

Still in 1.02?

Quote[/b] ]N00000oooooo was working real well without the Cops knowing about it ....you just gave away the big secret  banghead.gif

No please be serious!

Is this Bug still in 1.02? I never robbed the Bank as a civ....

Regards, Christian

That was fixed in 1.02 - now a bank robber needs to wait 10 minutes before accessing the bank.

I think civ marker refresh rate should be taken down to about 30sec-1min so it would be easier to escape bank robbery etc and cops couldnt catch criminals just by looking map.

And maybe cops could later buy more frequent refresh rate when they have played a bit.

I agree that civilians are too easy to find.. but if you slow down the marker refresh to something like Sahraniville, its very hard to ID which civilian is who without walking right up to them, think of all the innocent deaths when a cop shoots people up at a bank which has just been robbed?

A solution would be somehow make it easier so that Cops can identify players in a VISIBLE difference, and when the bank is robbed make sure the marker refreshes as it is robbed, so that the cops can discover which civvie it was and then people able to ID that civilian visually..

Some sort of long distance ID script or if you are going to add addons to the map, then maybe each civilian should have their number written in large font on their front + back or something?

By the way, Mr G C told me about the new version coming out soon biggrin_o.gif Sounds REALLY good!

Fixes i remember included: Gangs + sector control, 'Holster' rifles, 'notepad' in another future patch, moved bank.. Hope u make an official announcement soon =)

By the way, Mr G C told me about the new version coming out soon biggrin_o.gif Sounds REALLY good!

Fixes i remember included: Gangs + sector control, 'Holster' rifles, 'notepad' in another future patch, moved bank.. Hope u make an official announcement soon =)

Psssstttttttt..... dont tell anybody..... this was Info out of "first hand".

No serious, as i told you on your server the sector-control thing is still in development and not to 100% sure. That means it still can be something totally different in 1.1 (persoanlly i dont belive this anyway).

But im sure Issetea or Fewo will make a announcement as soon as possible with their current changelog.

Best Regards, Christian

Hi,

There are already possibilities to remove your marker or set the refreshing time up. In Bagango there you can buy at a flag in the northwest a modified marker. You can choose the refreshing time and how long it should last. In the Terror-Hideout you can buy a marker jammer, which deletes your marker for ten minutes.

Quote[/b] ]I found another bug. Try this...

You should get a message via groupchat that you robbed the bank shortly and so you can not deposit any money on the bank.

We noticed it a few times, that user marked a feature as non-working or bugged. Often, those things are explained in the groupchat-messages you get everytime you do an action. Please read them before you say that it does not work.

Quote[/b] ]Played some more and the terrorcamp *really* needs a bank. I stole the truck, as I do, and got chased all the way by cops, no time to stop for cash.

Buy a hideout at the majorhall, place it in or near the terrorcamp, buy the "online-banking addon" at the hideout flag, and then you have your personal bank there.

Another topic: We read your suggestions regarding the gangs (We actually call them "guilds"). Currently we are scripting goals for the guilds. And it looks like that we are going to use south sahrani as a "police-free-guild-zone". There are a few cities we will use as sectors, and you have to conquer them. But you still have to buy weapons and vehicles in and around bagango. But we are also looking for ideas the guild could do on north-sahrani. A release date can absolutely not yet be determined, because we have also other ideas currently only existing in our minds.

Yet another topic: We noticed that a few modified versions are running on the public servers, mostly changed to get more player slots. Those versions are not supported by us! The version you can download here is the only version we support! But it is already planned to release with 1.1, besides the 16-player-standard-version, a version for 32 players (20 civs, 12 cops) and maybe a version for 64 players (40 Civs, 24 Cops).

Until the release the features could still change, so everything mentioned here is not final.

Greetings, Fewo

Doesn't guild sound a little bit medieval?

Yep but IMHO better than "Gang" which sounds like from a bad Movie.....

What other Terms you know for those groups?

Bug: Sometimes when you disconnect and come back, your money, shops and licenses are not saved. The mission has not been restarted (still the same mess everywhere and people with 500k), but I am back with no licenses and $7500.

Doesn't guild sound a little bit medieval?

Yep but IMHO better than "Gang" which sounds like from a bad Movie.....

What other Terms you know for those groups?

Group, gang, faction, family.